Round 8 trades

Remove this Banner Ad

Kelly would be my m8 if I went beams. Murray would be my d6 if I went yeo.

Currently I’m fielding Kelly + 1 of finlayson/coffield/Barry/Holman as my m7 & m8

And doedee and Murray as my d5 & d6

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I'd go beams
Difference between beams and thise rookies would be about 35 points per game

Points diff between doedee and yeowould be anout 25-30 points

Byt to play devils advocate yeo is prerty much guaranteed top 6 defender where beams might not be top 8-10 mid

Kelly would be my m8 if I went beams. Murray would be my d6 if I went yeo.

Currently I’m fielding Kelly + 1 of finlayson/coffield/Barry/Holman as my m7 & m8

And doedee and Murray as my d5 & d6

I'd go the midfield option for now

Beams could work if you think he's good enough at year's end, you've got most of the top mids already

Yeo should hover around mid 600s for most of the year if he stays in his current role

I'd go the midfield option for now

Beams could work if you think he's good enough at year's end, you've got most of the top mids already

Yeo should hover around mid 600s for most of the year if he stays in his current role

Yeah he has a high ceiling and has averaged really well in the past but obviously the risk is he is injury prone. I’m hoping he can keep up the form he has shown in the past two weeks from here on.

I’m finding it really hard to pick who the top averaging mids will be from here. I was expecting to be targeting guys like danger and dusty as my final upgrades but I’m not sure they are going to score as well this year given their current roles.

Holman to Spargo locked in (That Port/GC bye is fast approaching)

Then its a choice of a second trade
Crowden --> Mutch
Banks 310k for next week, which I could use to get Dangerfield/Crouch into my midfield as well as turfing Crowden who has disappointingly peaked
or
Finlayson --> Hibberd
The traditional downgrade/upgrade move provided that Hibberd performs well enough to be a top defender. My defence is currently
Laird, Seedsman, Sicily, Lloyd, ______, ______. Ideally I would love to top off those last two spots with two Yeo/Simpson/Hurley types, but if Hibberd can score as well as those guys then he is terrific value.

Guelfi emergency again. Worst rookie trade.

English dropped. Let's me bring in spargo and trade English next week.

Cummings to debut. Hopefully he stays around as another upgrade in a couple of weeks.

Yeah he has a high ceiling and has averaged really well in the past but obviously the risk is he is injury prone. I’m hoping he can keep up the form he has shown in the past two weeks from here on.

I’m finding it really hard to pick who the top averaging mids will be from here. I was expecting to be targeting guys like danger and dusty as my final upgrades but I’m not sure they are going to score as well this year given their current roles.

That's fair thinking on Dusty and Danger

Both may only be SC relevant this year, though both can go on a tear eventually too.

I'm personally grabbing Gibbs this week though, think he'll be a top 8-10 mid end of season, will mean I have 7 "premiums" now, but it means I will only have 4 of them that are currently pulling their weight in Titchell, Macrae, Gibbs and Neale. My underperformers are Parker, Zorko and Zerrett. All of them could turn it around, but I reckon I won't finish the year with all 3, someone will be culled once my team us complete.

Treloar is looking good now after a few quiet weeks to start, shattered I didn't start with him as I did last year, think he's another on the radar once Telly maxes out. Don't have Cogs either, that backfired.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Going to go with the double downgrade like I had thought I would on Monday. Opens up a few different possibilites next week (potential double upgrade in backline, vs getting a premium mid vs getting Grundy).

How is everyone looking for bye rounds? I must admit that I paid zero attention to bye structure when selecting my team and in my initial upgrades that I have done.
(excluding Darcy Cameron from availability as he may never play AFL)
R12: 24
R13: 17
R14: 17

Clearly going to be going big on some R12ers (Yeo, Simpson and Macrae obvious targets).

That's fair thinking on Dusty and Danger

Both may only be SC relevant this year, though both can go on a tear eventually too.

I'm personally grabbing Gibbs this week though, think he'll be a top 8-10 mid end of season, will mean I have 7 "premiums" now, but it means I will only have 4 of them that are currently pulling their weight in Titchell, Macrae, Gibbs and Neale. My underperformers are Parker, Zorko and Zerrett. All of them could turn it around, but I reckon I won't finish the year with all 3, someone will be culled once my team us complete.

Treloar is looking good now after a few quiet weeks to start, shattered I didn't start with him as I did last year, think he's another on the radar once Telly maxes out. Don't have Cogs either, that backfired.

Yeah ordinarily I would be trading in Zerrett as an underpriced promo this week but just don’t trust him to consistently bust out big scores given how poorly he has dealt with a tag this year. Glad I took treloar over him last week.

I think the top Forwards and backs are a bit easier to pick this year where as the midfield is wide open. trading in the right mids from here on is is vital and trying to pick who is going to go on and average the most from here on in feels a lot more difficult than previous years

Going to go with the double downgrade like I had thought I would on Monday. Opens up a few different possibilites next week (potential double upgrade in backline, vs getting a premium mid vs getting Grundy).

How is everyone looking for bye rounds? I must admit that I paid zero attention to bye structure when selecting my team and in my initial upgrades that I have done.
(excluding Darcy Cameron from availability as he may never play AFL)
R12: 24
R13: 17
R14: 17

Clearly going to be going big on some R12ers (Yeo, Simpson and Macrae obvious targets).
I'm not sure I can take Mutch as I'm already grabbing Spargo, think I could get too R13 heavy which I want to avoid

Will have Murray, Finlayson, Flynn (probable donut), Zerrett, Zorko, Gawn, Stef, Petracca, Fritsch, Smith and Spargo, I plan to have at least 8-9 of them still around by their bye, only Finlayson and Fritsch I can see moving on by then at close to peak price.

In R14 I will have Lloyd, Laird, Coffield, Neale, Parker, Gibbs, Brayshaw, Banfield, Telly, Crowden and Billings, I can see myself plucking a few more out here one by one, but I have the wiggle room for Gibbs and 1 or two more premiums later down the track like Heeney or something which Banfield and Brayshaw will become

Gray and Barry for R10, McLean, Macrae, Yeo, Cole, Titchell and Mirra for R12

24 (21), 19 (17), 19 (16) at the moment when narrowing down my potential Mirra, Barry and Flynn no shows

R12 is a GC/Port type trade in week, might only downgrade to free funds if say a Westhoff has dropped off the pace

R13 go nuts on a Sicily, Simpson, Hurn type

R14 is the week to go big and bring them all in, Hogan, Treloar, Hurley etc

Yeah ordinarily I would be trading in Zerrett as an underpriced promo this week but just don’t trust him to consistently bust out big scores given how poorly he has dealt with a tag this year. Glad I took treloar over him last week.

I think the top Forwards and backs are a bit easier to pick this year where as the midfield is wide open. trading in the right mids from here on is is vital and trying to pick who is going to go on and average the most from here on in feels a lot more difficult than previous years

If Zorko and Zerrett can go on a tear like last year then that'll help me significantly considering I'm miles behind at 3k (had my best score in round one lol), but yeah agreed it's a bit of a free for all this year

I reckon Neale could be a top mid if he has a few more big games like he did against the Dogs, has been super consistent otherwise with his floor being very good.

If Zorko and Zerrett can go on a tear like last year then that'll help me significantly considering I'm miles behind at 3k (had my best score in round one lol), but yeah agreed it's a bit of a free for all this year

I reckon Neale could be a top mid if he has a few more big games like he did against the Dogs, has been super consistent otherwise with his floor being very good.

You mean against the Eagles? Against the Dogs he scored 86 and didn’t really spread around the ground like he’s normally good at.

Are people trading English to McInerney this week or waiting until next week for Crossley? I can't decide what to do. I assume Crossley will be gone once Lynch is back? McInerney's JS might be better in that case?

Holman to Spargo locked in (That Port/GC bye is fast approaching)

Then its a choice of a second trade
Crowden --> Mutch
Banks 310k for next week, which I could use to get Dangerfield/Crouch into my midfield as well as turfing Crowden who has disappointingly peaked
or
Finlayson --> Hibberd
The traditional downgrade/upgrade move provided that Hibberd performs well enough to be a top defender. My defence is currently
Laird, Seedsman, Sicily, Lloyd, ______, ______. Ideally I would love to top off those last two spots with two Yeo/Simpson/Hurley types, but if Hibberd can score as well as those guys then he is terrific value.
At the moment I'm just running with Laird and Simmo down back along with a glut of rooks. So I'm looking at bringing in Sicdog this week and then more than likely Hibbo the following week, if he again bangs out another solid score and looks the part of a top defender.

Yeo should drop in value at some point whenever he has one or two of those "YoYo on the down low" type games we all know he has in him. So will be probably holding off until then otherwise he will be my final defensive upgrade if we're forced to pay full price for him.

You mean against the Eagles? Against the Dogs he scored 86 and didn’t really spread around the ground like he’s normally good at.
I thought he annihilated us, twas Fyfe...

But yeah, more games like that against West Coast and his average keeps going up

I will pick up Spargo this week and Banfield will make way. But I'm not sold on Mutch or other rooks atm.

Is it just me or are def/fwd premos hard to pick? Aside from the obvious ones most ppl have, every premo has a downside. I really only want Gray but I am waiting until after his bye.

So I'll either just do the one downgrade or maybe get rid of Finlayson too and look for value in the mids.

Zorko is too much of a risk. Redden, too.

Sydney fans what are your thoughts on Kennedy? He had a rough patch there for a couple of games but has come good the last 2. Is very cheap.

Seeing as thou i dont really give a crap anymore its just a double downgrade still have no idea who the premos actually are this year so gonna wait abit longer and see...
Barry > Mutch
Holman > Spargo
Leaves me with 410k

Remove this Banner Ad

Back