Round 8 trades

Remove this Banner Ad

OUT: Garlett & Doedee
IN: Spargo & Yeo

Limited cash but only 4 more spots left onfield to upgrade (Murray, Finlayson, TKelly and Fritsch)

WOW. You must have a ridiculously strong team that you can bring in a $550K player just to sit on your bench.

I posted my team when I asked the question so you be the judge. I wouldn't say it's strong by any means. I just don't rate defenders and would rather stack the other lines, particularly the mids before upgrading defence. Each to their own though. There a lots of ways to go about it.

Holman and Bazza ? Both got the bye coming up and not really gonna do much else... i wouldnt bring in Zorko off the back of 1 good game thou thats madness

A lot of people brought Zerrett back after the back of 1 good game this year. Looking at the body of work over a 2 or 3 year is important rather than focusing on a short period IMO. You could say both are just fallen premos. Then again figuring out which teams tag is the most important/hardest thing

Zerrett seems to have gone back to spud tho haha

ikr, I haven't been watching closely but he seems to be playing more inside mid than in the past? Harder to tag but it can still be done.
He's very versatile, can play both inside mid and as a wingman.

In 2015 he played mainly as an inside mid to help our rotations in there once Libba went down.

Has a massive tank too, he might get tagged but he works hard through them.

Can't decide between Hibberd and Zorko.

Is anyone who is going Zorko worried that he has 2x Ben Jacobs scores still to come?
I see this same Jacobs logic brought up for Macrae on the Supercoach board

Good players handle tags, Zorko has shown he can't

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I see this same Jacobs logic brought up for Macrae on the Supercoach board

Good players handle tags, Zorko has shown he can't

Do most teams have a run with though?

Do most teams have a run with though?
Depends. I'd say most do, but depends the position they play. Some are defensive forwards going to damaging half backs (Johannisen copped this last year) and others are run with mids.

Melbourne and North Melbourne are notorious for tags of recent times because they tag the opposition best mid.

GWS run one through De Boer or Reid, they both play defensive forward, though De Boer can go through mids too.

Off the top of my head

Adelaide: no one of note
Brisbane: Robinson forward or mid, Berry
Collingwood: not sure at the moment, used to be Macaffer
Carlton: used to be Curnow, but he's winning his own footy now
Essendon: no one of note now as Hocking retired
Freo: Banfield and Crowden
Geelong: Scott Selwood
Gold Coast: Miller, Barlow and Holman
GWS: De Boer and Reid
Hawthorn: they tag sporadically through Howe, Cousins, Langford, Shiels etc
Melbourne: Vince and Bugg I think
North: Jacobs
Port: Ebert
Richmond: not sure now
St Kilda: Weller moreso as a defensive forward
Sydney: Hewett anywhere he's needed
West Coast: Hutchings sporadically, not sure if Redden does too?
Bulldogs: Honeychurch as of late, Hunter has played lockdown at times too

Depends. I'd say most do, but depends the position they play. Some are defensive forwards going to damaging half backs (Johannisen copped this last year) and others are run with mids.

Melbourne and North Melbourne are notorious for tags of recent times because they tag the opposition best mid.

GWS run one through De Boer or Reid, they both play defensive forward, though De Boer can go through mids too.

Off the top of my head

Adelaide: no one of note
Brisbane: Robinson forward or mid, Berry
Collingwood: not sure at the moment, used to be Macaffer
Carlton: used to be Curnow, but he's winning his own footy now
Essendon: no one of note now as Hocking retired
Freo: Banfield and Crowden
Geelong: Scott Selwood
Gold Coast: Miller, Barlow and Holman
GWS: De Boer and Reid
Hawthorn: they tag sporadically through Howe, Cousins, Langford, Shiels etc
Melbourne: Vince and Bugg I think
North: Jacobs
Port: Ebert
Richmond: not sure now
St Kilda: Weller moreso as a defensive forward
Sydney: Hewett anywhere he's needed
West Coast: Hutchings sporadically, not sure if Redden does too?
Bulldogs: Honeychurch as of late, Hunter has played lockdown at times too

Giving him one more week, if he beasts this week mirroring last year I probably will get him next week

Scheer, Croswell and Keefe on the bubble next week if they hold their spots

Brought in Hunter this week for Billings (via dpp), fk it, he seems to have drank Macrae's water they both beasting it and Hunter's bye helps (main decision with mids averaging 108+....also his down game was very down, so doubt he will be a yo-yo.....hmmm worst cast he becomes a stepping stone for Danger. If Danger proves he worth it. Also more confident in Hunter than Billings lol.

Missed Renko even though i brought him in SC this week...Spargo came in for Holman.

286k in bank now which is nice.

Martin my m7! Kelly last rookie to upgrade in mids, but he will probs be last to go.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back