Trades Round 8 trades

Remove this Banner Ad

My thoughts are English has to play for him to be ruck cover. I'd be getting rid of him before Waterman.
Waterman might lose cash this week so he's out for me. Happy with Rioli as my Emg this week.
English will likely come back next week after Boyd gets destroyed by Stef lol.

Out of interest why'd you choose mcInerney over Crossley?[/QUOTE]

Just trusted the milkmens analysis - I dont know either. in there review on dt talk they said - move him on to either McInerney or Crossley (we have McInerney as a preferred option at this point). Basically they said he tackles, and does all the little things so should have a chance at staying in the team. Don't really trust either option but it'll do.

What about Callum Sinclair ?
He was my first consideration, but looked up a few things regarding his stats and match-ups and was a little bothered by the results. His match-ups this year have been the following:

Lycett 87 (first game returning from injury, not no. 1 ruck)
Dixon / Westhoff (forwards not genuine rucks) 93
Patton / Lobb (injured towards the end) 123
English (rookie) 98
Jacobs 76
Stanley (useless) 108
Goldstein (not the same ruckman he was) 112

If you look at the above, Sinclair has just had decent match-ups and hasn't actually faced any real opposition besides Jacobs. In that match he ended up with a 76. Lycett has been half decent, but still only managed an 87. Goldstein would be of note, but anyone can score on him these days, so I'd say that's par for the course with that score. Even including the Goldy match-up, he's literally only faced two decent ruckmen in the first 7 weeks. His match-ups coming up are: McEvoy, Sandilands, Stef and Kreuz. I don't see him winning one of those battles, let alone all of them. Think his scores have been a little massaged by the match-ups he's had, and I think he'll get found out in the coming weeks. Reckon he'll average 80-85 in the next month.

He was my first consideration, but looked up a few things regarding his stats and match-ups and was a little bothered by the results. His match-ups this year have been the following:

Lycett 87 (first game returning from injury, not no. 1 ruck)
Dixon / Westhoff (forwards not genuine rucks) 93
Patton / Lobb (injured towards the end) 123
English (rookie) 98
Jacobs 76
Stanley (useless) 108
Goldstein (not the same ruckman he was) 112

If you look at the above, Sinclair has just had decent match-ups and hasn't actually faced any real opposition besides Jacobs. In that match he ended up with a 76. Lycett has been half decent, but still only managed an 87. Goldstein would be of note, but anyone can score on him these days, so I'd say that's par for the course with that score. Even including the Goldy match-up, he's literally only faced two decent ruckmen in the first 7 weeks. His match-ups coming up are: McEvoy, Sandilands, Stef and Kreuz. I don't see him winning one of those battles, let alone all of them. Think his scores have been a little massaged by the match-ups he's had, and I think he'll get found out in the coming weeks. Reckon he'll average 80-85 in the next month.

NicNat was a beast in that R1 game as well. he did well for 87. I normally wouldnt consider Sinclair, mainly because of his haircut, but his numbers have been pretty good but it is a valid point about match ups just going back and looking at them. Kreuz did destory the bombers twice last year as well, but is he close to fitness? I suspect he should be good for a 90 at least! More than what Crossley will give us.

Have you thought about holding NN and playing Crossley? This is what I am fighting with hoping a solid 60 from Crossley for one week and I can maybe fix up other problem areas, but Kreuz would essentially be a set and forget R2 with a fairly decent POD.

I do like the Carlton bye as well.

I agree this is the hardest round so far to work out what to do.

NicNat was a beast in that R1 game as well. he did well for 87. I normally wouldnt consider Sinclair, mainly because of his haircut, but his numbers have been pretty good but it is a valid point about match ups just going back and looking at them. Kreuz did destory the bombers twice last year as well, but is he close to fitness? I suspect he should be good for a 90 at least! More than what Crossley will give us.

Have you thought about holding NN and playing Crossley? This is what I am fighting with hoping a solid 60 from Crossley for one week and I can maybe fix up other problem areas, but Kreuz would essentially be a set and forget R2 with a fairly decent POD.

Nic Nat played half the game

Nah to be honest, I thought about holding Nic Nat, but he's only gonna start losing money now, or at best breakeven. Nic Nat was always a stepping stone, and Kreuz is 100K cheaper than when he started with Nic Nat making me 80 K, so essentially a 180K turnaround. My other option was to bench him and then play McInerney, but then I would have just been using luxury trades on the rest of the field.

Looked at Savage to Brayshaw and Nic Nat to Zorko (if English was playing), but given I'm not assured on either of them, it didn't seem like the right move. I'm sitting around the 2,500 mark at the moment with a fair bit of cash on the bench and 28/30 playing, so there's nothing else I really need to fix up in the immediate sense. Plus, getting the ruck sorted and getting rid of English allowed me to swing L Murphy forward, Seedsman back and put Ben Jacobs on field after his 119 last week. If Savage had of missed, probably would have been a different story, but I'm happy with this for this week:

Screen Shot 2018-05-11 at 2.15.43 pm.png

Are you saying he wasn't a beast ? I think his playing time is irrelevant to how well he went that game.
He still had 33 HOs - 93 points
Nah Nic was a beast that game, and every game since pretty much. Sinc made most of his points from possessions that game though which probably shows the fitness levels of Slyce and Nic at the time coming back from LTI's. I think the above stats of Sinclair are staggering, he has legit played possibly 5 of the worst rucks in the comp in the first 7 rounds. McEvoy, Sandi, Stef, Kreuzer his next 4 - just food for thought

Nah Nic was a beast that game, and every game since pretty much. Sinc made most of his points from possessions that game though which probably shows the fitness levels of Slyce and Nic at the time coming back from LTI's. I think the above stats of Sinclair are staggering, he has legit played possibly 5 of the worst rucks in the comp in the first 7 rounds. McEvoy, Sandi, Stef, Kreuzer his next 4 - just food for thought
Love the Nicnat, huge blow for us this weekend against GWS! Huge blow for my fantasy team.
Yep Shadow has provided stats and reasons to not go for Sinclair, although we have to wait a few weeks for the Kreuz vs Sinclair match up.
I am thinking the team trades I make are the ones that happened to be made at time of lockout.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Finlayson > Cumming

English > Macrae

Was really unsure on whether or not to spend the big bucks on Macrae, but with his solid Bye round and scoring potential I think he is worth it. I still have $96k in the bank, so I can probably still make a decent upgrade next week with a 1 up 1 down.

Other option would be to bring in Mcrouch, bank a heap of cash and make a big upgrade next week.

Stuck in a scenario of having too many 'must trades' and only 2 trades.

NicNat, English and Finlayson on the chopping block (plus possibly Cunico pending final teams).

I'm sticking to my 1 up / 1 down strategy for now but really want to take the punt on zorko.

Thinking:
Finlayson -> Zorko.
English -> Keefe (or Ahern if named).

My logic on Spargo Vs Keefe Vs Scheer is:
Spargo already $270k. I've been cashing in cows sub $400k atm and it only takes 1 down game around that mark to trigger the slaughter. So Spargo has at most $100-$130k left to make.
Scheer misses a guy in only 2 rounds time so not ideal for cash gen.
Keefe gets a 5game run before he's cashed in and should make a similar amount to spargo in that time ($100-$130k) - IF he can stay in the team.

But it also means I'll be playing McInerney for a week to cover Nic Nat. Is this crazy? I don't want to spend the trade on rucks right now and Nic Nat serves me better than Martin/Grundy for the bye rounds. I'll look to upgrade Nic Nat post the brissie/pie bye.

Out of interest why'd you choose mcInerney over Crossley?

Just trusted the milkmens analysis - I dont know either. in there review on dt talk they said - move him on to either McInerney or Crossley (we have McInerney as a preferred option at this point). Basically they said he tackles, and does all the little things so should have a chance at staying in the team. Don't really trust either option but it'll do.
McInerney has a much later bye so feel he could make more cash than Crossley in the short term who is likely just a placeholder for Lynch. Crossley also has the early bye which means a week of no cash generation bringing him closer to being dropped for Lynch, assuming that happens

Are people considering holding Parker for longer? He's been utter s**t and continues to lose money. Gone this week for me.

English -> Crossley (or Gowers -> Keefe) undecided here
Parker -> Macrae

New to AFL Fantasy. Do players prices change after their first game? Eg. Will Ed Phillips price go up next week? Cheers

Given he exceeds his breakeven of 27 he will increase in price.

Thanks. I've been looking on Tooserious - their breakevens are inaccurate. They have Ed Phillips as 0 with no price change expected. And they have Spargo -6.

By chance do you know Sprago's BE and Jack Redden's? Much appreciated!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back