Round 8 Trades

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Still have no idea whether to Double down or 1 up, 1 down.
Collins > Answorth is a given (even though I haven’t done it yet)

Next trade will be one of:
A) Butters > Zorko/Worpel/Westhoff
B) Butters/Drew> Corbett/Moore
C) Drew > Daniel/Kelly/Dunks
D) Walsh > anyone
E) Gibbons > Crisp (or any from A)

Butters is currently on Mid bench, Drew F4/5. Double down leaves me with 350k+

Thoughts?

Last edited:
Just once during each season we should have the option of trading out a player after they have already played thus deleting their score. I mean, I probably would have already used it on Dusty in round 2, but it would have been sweet to wake up this morning and banish Heeny and mid 60's bullcrap from my side.

Still have no idea whether to Double down or 1 up, 1 down.
Collins > Answorth is a given (even though I haven’t done it yet)

Next trade will be one of:
A) Butters > Zorko/Worpel/Westhoff/Crisp
B) Butters/Drew> Corbett/Moore
C) Drew > Daniel/Kelly/Dunks

Butters is currently on Mid bench, Drew F4/5

Thoughts?

Keep Drew and get rid of Butters in my opinion. Crisp is the only one of those those 3 you mentioned in A who should be a reliable performer in his position from now until the end of the season as well. Zorko and Hoff have been up and down and Worpel may lose some steam being a young player.

Keep Drew and get rid of Butters in my opinion. Crisp is the only one of those those 3 you mentioned in A who should be a reliable performer in his position from now until the end of the season as well. Zorko and Hoff have been up and down and Worpel may lose some steam being a young player.

My mistake it was actually Gibbons I would have to trade out for Crisp. butters would fall short by a few thousand :(

Had 284k in the bank, was going to do 2 upgrades but with a lack of quality bubble boys on the horizon I couldn't pass on Answerth.

Scrimshaw > Answerth

Bank 475k

Will wait to see if Danger is a late out before unleashing hell with my second trade. Otherwise, double up next week.

+1

Really want to do an upgrade in forwards to cover Danger. Thinking of getting in a very cheap Gunston/Hoff/Menegola type, but the lack of downgrades has me questioning this.

Think I will do a double down: Clark for Answerth and Gibbons for Moore/Corbett.

Just once during each season we should have the option of trading out a player after they have already played thus deleting their score. I mean, I probably would have already used it on Dusty in round 2, but it would have been sweet to wake up this morning and banish Heeny and mid 60's bullcrap from my side.

no.JPG

Advice please peeps? It's irrelevant who I'm bringing in, although Answerth is obviously 1. Leaning towards Dunkley for the other.

This is predominantly one of those 'Get Rid of Rookies first' vs 'Buy low, sell high" theory arguments:

(a) Trade out Constable & Gibbons (both currently off field) leaving $10k in the bank & Clark on field this week.

OR

(b)
Trade out Libba & Clark leaving $140k in the bank & Answerth on field this week.

Advice please peeps? It's irrelevant who I'm bringing in, although Answerth is obviously 1. Leaning towards Dunkley for the other.

This is predominantly one of those 'Get Rid of Rookies first' vs 'Buy low, sell high" theory arguments:

(a) Trade out Constable & Gibbons (both currently off field) leaving $10k in the bank & Clark on field this week.

OR

(b) Trade out Libba & Clark leaving $140k in the bank & Answerth on field this week.

Ask yourself, in which scenario am I closer to upgrading my M8 to a premium mid?

Ask yourself, in which scenario am I closer to upgrading my M8 to a premium mid?

Ahhh, the old ask a question to answer a question technique. Please don't torture me! ;-)

But seriously, that answer totally depends on if you judge Libba as a premium MID. I sense this is the part where you ask me: Do you think Libba is a premium mid? I'd like to phone a friend... "Hello Bevo..." (hangs up).

I do have Stack & Ross there in my team, as well as the ability to swing Drew into MIDs after whichever trade I choose. They should all be $350k+ at their bye... If that helps.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Ahhh, the old ask a question to answer a question technique. Please don't torture me! ;-)

But seriously, that answer totally depends on if you judge Libba as a premium MID. I sense this is the part where you ask me: Do you think Libba is a premium mid? I'd like to phone a friend... "Hello Bevo..." (hangs up).

I do have Stack & Ross there in my team, as well as the ability to swing Drew into MIDs after whichever trade I choose. They should all be $350k+ at their bye... If that helps.

You're partly right. Will Libba score better than a rookie at M8 AND also who will have the higher dollar value by the time we get to their bye? Granted, Libba will leak some cash this week, but I feel he will 'level out' somewhere between 420-440k which means he's 70-90k closer to a premo than a rookie will be come byes. Also something else to consider is would it be advantageous to hang onto Libba until Rd15 even if that means he ends up at M9 before then? It doesn't apply to everyone, but I'm stacked with Rd14 mids so having a non rookie mid available for Rd14 is desirable.

You're partly right. Will Libba score better than a rookie at M8 AND also who will have the higher dollar value by the time we get to their bye? Granted, Libba will leak some cash this week, but I feel he will 'level out' somewhere between 420-440k which means he's 70-90k closer to a premo than a rookie will be come byes. Also something else to consider is would it be advantageous to hang onto Libba until Rd15 even if that means he ends up at M9 before then? It doesn't apply to everyone, but I'm stacked with Rd14 mids so having a non rookie mid available for Rd14 is desirable.

MIDs are the only area I don't have a bye problem (2 blues, 2 rookie tigers & Scott who isn't playing anyway). I'd probably only have 3 of them at rd 14 anyway.

But yeah, if holding Libba, it has to be until then... & hope he settles around $420k at worst. Maybe I can move Heeney to MIDs and I can loop their 60's between each other FFS.

As always, thanks for your input AB.

Hi guys
Still have not done a trade this week. What are you thoughts on the following:
Gibbons > Neale
Scrimshaw > Answerth
Leaves $41,800 in the kitty
Or
Gibbons > Answerth
Scrimshaw > Hurn
108,400 in the kitty.
Or can you see anything else I could do?
IMG_5325.JPG IMG_5326.JPG IMG_5327.JPG

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

I keep chopping changing.
Keeping Pet > Moore.

Keep changing from:
Libba > Neale
Or
Duursma to L. Ryan

Now settled on Drew > Mundy (or have I?) with about 320k in the bank
Considering similiar trades - tossing up between Fyfe and Ryan to bring in this week. Will probably bring the other in next week so I guess it doesnt matter much. Think both are worth it.

I asked about Mundy earlier and there was a reply questioning his role once Blakely comes back in to the side - worth thinking about but on paper at the moment Mundy is flying.

Hey guys,
:
Really need some help deciding my trades, got a few options to choose from:

1. Parker > Answerth (Via kiera to fwd) and Gibbons > Caleb Daniel (via drew to mids)
2. Durrsma > Answerth and Gibbons > Telly
3. Parker > Answerth via Keira to fwd and Gibbons > to a pick on Menegola, hoff, dunkley, zorko and save a little cash.

22 trades and 103K in the bank

1557541684392.png

Any help would be much appreciated.

Cheers guys.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back