Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

JarmanLimpey

Debutant
Apr 13, 2021
AFL Club
Hawthorn
My thinking is May’s a bit of a free swing at that price with the 145 in his rolling average the next 2 weeks atleast. He’s not going to lose money over the next 6 weeks unless he really shits the bed and should be back to around 500k. Then has the round 14 bye so if you’re still wanting a Rids/Stewart/Whit in his place you could almost go sideways at that point?

Dec 3, 2017
AFL Club
Melbourne
I'd rather a injury affected game of 7 over for example Daniel just being useless all game for 19. Mays injury is hardly one to worry about. It's not like a recurring soft tissue strain or something.

Sometimes a player will just have a random mare game where nothing goes right for them. I remember Yeo having one of those games in Rd3 a few years ago where he had like 3 possies to 3/4 time and finished on 27 SC points. But prior to that game and after that game he scored really well that season with only one other score below 90 for the year. Daniel's previous 2 seasons were super consistent with 68 and 71 being his 2 lowest scores, so the 19 was really out of character for him.

stinger05

Club Legend
Mar 4, 2005
Perth
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Mavericks Liverpool
My thinking is May’s a bit of a free swing at that price with the 145 in his rolling average the next 2 weeks atleast. He’s not going to lose money over the next 6 weeks unless he really shits the bed and should be back to around 500k. Then has the round 14 bye so if you’re still wanting a Rids/Stewart/Whit in his place you could almost go sideways at that point?
How many trades do you think we have

I’m currently ranked 588 and I’ve made nine trades already, I think I’ve only one upgrade in my team due to injuries.

He looked very very good forward on the weekend. I like that role for him as it gives him a lot of freedom. The majority of the first quarter he was in defence and was looking at like a 25 point night he started so poorly. Then moved forward and dominated.

Bang on. I'd prefer him playing Wing/FWD then the same shitty non attacking lockdown defender role he occasionally gets lumped with.

Still don't know what to make of the pick yet. 90 ave from first his 7 games..

113, 71, 61, 108, 114, 61, 106.

Given his low ownership i hold my breath with him each week as he's generally the difference between a crap score or good score for me :shrug:

Oct 17, 2017
Puppies
AFL Club
West Coast
Sportsday
@SportsdayRadio

Leigh Matthews: "We’ve got to stop comparing Jordan De Goey to Dustin Martin. He’s not Martin’s bootlaces."
busmemi.PNG

busemi gif.gif

Sep 9, 2016
AFL Club
Richmond
Sportsday
@SportsdayRadio

Leigh Matthews: "We’ve got to stop comparing Jordan De Goey to Dustin Martin. He’s not Martin’s bootlaces."
The goat is speaking what we tigers have been saying for years 😂

in saying that I hope we target him in free agency, think we would get the best out of de Goey

Oct 17, 2017
Puppies
AFL Club
West Coast
The goat is speaking what we tigers have been saying for years 😂

in saying that I hope we target him in free agency, think we would get the best out of de Goey
Can see him going to GWS and him, Hogan and Mummy drying up the coke supply before Xmas preseason ends. :moustache:

May 7, 2012
Adelaide
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
49érs, SF Giants, GS Warriors
Can see him going to GWS and him, Hogan and Mummy drying up the coke supply before Xmas preseason ends. :moustache:
It really depends on whether he will be able to get day release from the clink

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Apr 5, 2014
Peramangk country Adelaide Hills
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
My SuperCoach team
This doesn't help our sides when we've selected players expected to play a certain number of games at Optus Stadium

View attachment 1118583
Wondering if this makes it any more likely that Chapman will miss or not? I want him to miss so I can use him to loop my DEF rookies.

Wondering if this makes it any more likely that Chapman will miss or not? I want him to miss so I can use him to loop my DEF rookies.

Max the great

Premiership Player
Feb 22, 2019
AFL Club
St Kilda
Bang on. I'd prefer him playing Wing/FWD then the same shitty non attacking lockdown defender role he occasionally gets lumped with.

Still don't know what to make of the pick yet. 90 ave from first his 7 games..

113, 71, 61, 108, 114, 61, 106.

Given his low ownership i hold my breath with him each week as he's generally the difference between a crap score or good score for me :shrug:
If Ratten plays him fwd/wing like last week or puts him in a few CBs instead of wasting him in defence he can potentially average 95+ or 100+ for the remainder of the year.
But for some reason he likes to waste our most composed player in traffic in the back line when we desperately need him around the ball. It's baffling.

Feb 2, 2020
AFL Club
Collingwood
But you can't take our match scores that don't suit your narrative ......does that mean we can take out Gawn's 63, because he was tired from the early morning plane flight

There's a lot of players with concussion / injury affected averages ......maybe what it's telling us is these players maybe more susceptible to injury

Too many IF's about May for me .....in particular the Lever impact

You're kidding right? An errant elbow to the head that leaves him concussed and a damaged eye socket? If you can find the other moment in time that has EVER happened in AFL or any sport I will give you it but there is every reason to take that sub affected score away. Especially when it was so early in the game, other guys get injury / sub affected scores and last the whole match aka Dunkley .. All down to luck.

Too many IF's? The guy averaged over 105 for the last 10 weeks last year and Lever played .. May doesn't zone off and play loose like Lever that's a fact but he will take the #1 key forward and play the anchor role and gets a lot of chips sideways and kicks down the field. They want it in his hands, he's easily their best user out of the backline .. why do you think he takes all their kick outs? FWIW you realise Ridley plays no differently to May, the only difference between their scoring to this point is Ridley copping a huge amount of kick outs.

May for $400k is the biggest no brainer I have seen this year and it's not even close :thumbsu:

Mar 6, 2018
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Timberwolves
But you can't take our match scores that don't suit your narrative ......does that mean we can take out Gawn's 63, because he was tired from the early morning plane flight

There's a lot of players with concussion / injury affected averages ......maybe what it's telling us is these players maybe more susceptible to injury

Too many IF's about May for me .....in particular the Lever impact

I think we can safely remove the 7 from May's game. Like no one randomly gets elbow in a face like that on purpose. More a freak accident.

The only argument you can really make for not picking May is he has durability issues, he tends to pop a hammy here and there which is a valid argument when you look at his previous season.

With the this year 7 game sample say, I would say what he is averaging now is basically the score "Lever" has impacted the game.

Oct 6, 2020
Narre Warren South
AFL Club
Essendon
Pretty straightforward this week:

OreKcdH.jpg

Ryan missing this week sucks, but I can cover him with Kosi. Glad Martin's back at least so I can do this:

rZY2xhW.jpg

Definitely getting Frederick but I'll consider other forward options if people think they'll be better than Dale. Don't have a lot of cash unfortunately:

wyqG13J.jpg

118, 91, 90, 103, 91, 100, 36, 115, 110, 149, 102, 58, 122, 123, 117 82, 78, 7, 94, 145

May ^^^

4 non-injury affected scores sub 90 in that 20 game span, 11 tons, 8 of those over 110.

Basically an awesome floor bar the 36 and 58 and has a good ceiling for a 400k defender.
His floor increases when Melbourne are good. Ceiling increases when dees are s**t. 2 best this year, worst two performances for Melbourne. 90-95 avg IMO. With big ones when dees have a stinker.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back