Trades Round 8 Trades

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dec 3, 2017
AFL Club
Melbourne
View attachment 1119139
5KnG.gif

Can you imagine if Petty is coming in for May? 50%+ of Rd8 trades would be in disarray! :D

Dec 3, 2017
AFL Club
Melbourne
Mummy played against Collingwood (sh*t), Sydney wo Hickey for a quarter but was losing, Adelaide. One good win.
Meanwhile Flynn has had to battle both Melbourne (Gawn) and the WB (Stef and English) who are #1 and #2 on the ladder, Freo (Darcy and Meek) at Optus and St Kilda who we all had as top 8 before the year.
The narrative surrounding Mummy being the difference and being #1 is such a Lol, he’s had it much easier than Flynn. And Flynn hasn’t even been bad, in fact his ruck work is better and he’s better around the ground.

Are you serious? He was the difference against Collingwood. One of the main reasons they won.

Mar 6, 2018
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Timberwolves
May has never played 22 games in a season - (only 17/17 last year - in all likelihood he wouldn't have gone 22/22)

I don't know why people are targeting him

Idk, Silky23 summarised it up pretty well. Cheap, averaging over 100 + (if you remove the unlucky eye pop). But yes durability will always be a concern. The extra 100k you save might help you get another rookie off field in 1-3 weeks time depending how you spend it.

Lots of arguments both for getting vs not getting him.

Oct 17, 2017
Puppies
AFL Club
West Coast
View attachment 1119159
Lads hear me out. I want Frederick and May. I have 94k. How can one do it? I dont think I can have both, its either one or the other. If I want May I have to go early on Dawkins. So Id have to trade Gulden out to Dawkins and upgrade Chapman to May.

Is there any other trades you beatiful kenties can reccomend to make my side better?
do it.gif

Dec 3, 2017
AFL Club
Melbourne
View attachment 1119159
Lads hear me out. I want Frederick and May. I have 94k. How can one do it? I dont think I can have both, its either one or the other. If I want May I have to go early on Dawkins. So Id have to trade Gulden out to Dawkins and upgrade Chapman to May.

Is there any other trades you beatiful kenties can reccomend to make my side better?

Forget b/e for a second. Gulden is a better scorer and has better JS than Berry and Campbell. Downgrade either one of them to RCD. You'll still have enough to do Chappy > Fred

I'm thinking of doing some aggressive trading this week. Chapman > Fredrick and Tex > RCD
This would give me $609,800 in the bank which when the times comes is enough to upgrade 3 of the higher priced rookies Powell/Jorden/Warner/Flynn to premos in the Midfield/Forward line.

I'm thinking of doing some aggressive trading this week. Chapman > Fredrick and Tex > RCD
This would give me $609,800 in the bank which when the times comes is enough to upgrade 3 of the higher priced rookies Powell/Jorden/Warner/Flynn to premos in the Midfield/Forward line.
Or just 1 up/1 down this week, then 1 up/1 down next week with RCD?
Agree that Tex has to go

Dec 7, 2019
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
Manchester United, All Blacks
Why go early on RCD? Why have so much money in the bank when you can upgrade now?

With that much you could trade your worst bench rookie to a premo surely? Why wait?

Why go early on RCD? Why have so much money in the bank when you can upgrade now?

With that much you could trade your worst bench rookie to a premo surely? Why wait?

Current team with those trades dosen't really affect my scoring and possibly improves it and also I gain 2 cash cows.

11a.JPG

11s.JPG

Jun 19, 2011
MCG
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Some Mid/Def DPP would be handy right now. May looks like an absolute must have to me at the prices, particularly as I'm running low on cash...

Couple of options
1 - miss out on Frederick, and go early on RCD (or Poulter/Byrnes)
Chapman>May
Berry>RCD

2 - don't go early on a rookie, but miss out on future Kosi price rises
Chapman>May
Kosi>Frederick

3 - wait a week on May, trade Kosi following week
Chapman>Frederick
Gulden>Bolton

Any other ideas out there?

View attachment 1118805
I'm in exactly the same situation. Here's what I'm doing.

tenor (31).gif

Most likely will take Frederick and miss May.

Dec 7, 2019
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
Manchester United, All Blacks
Current team with those trades dosen't really affect my scoring and possibly improves it and also I gain 2 cash cows.

View attachment 1119276
View attachment 1119278
Tricky because now is the time to trade Tex.

I'd probably try to save the trade and wait a week on a week on RCD.

Guess it depends what the plan is with mid pricers like Heppell, Jiath, Atkins? Are you going to upgrade them or do you feel like they can last a while?

But you're ranked higher than me so you should probably just go with your gut as it's working.

Jan 27, 2017
AFL Club
Sydney
You can trade Tex out, then move Fanta forward and bring in any defender you like.

It's explained below if you are not sure.

Yeah I know but the plan was to trade Fantasia instead of big Tex. At least Tex is capable of a big score every now and then

Jan 27, 2017
AFL Club
Sydney
Yepp Fantasis is a boil you need to lance asap. Right now there's a couple of cheap defs, May u are picking up so dont be afraid to target a mid.

Every year we say
'.....and target a fallen primo"

and every year the same chickenshit attitude comes out. When they are actually "fallen primo's" they dont get targetted....they chicken out with excuse after excuse why he shouldnt be targetted.

They dont become fallen primo's because they've been great as per usual...so when they are cheap we need to stick the nads on the line, ignore the "yeah but but but" and just grab them.

There's some super specials to choose from right now. I still wouldnt risk Cripps coz his body definitely aint right...but check out the lineup of primo;s hovering around 500K right now

Gaff 516
Jelly 508
Titchell 508
Brayshaw 508

Some terrific targets available. I just picked Jelly coz i reckon he's fit, and turned the corner on the weekend with a slightly more SC friendly role and they had a big win away. Even Taranto could now be bought, but if Jelly gets on a roll he can go at 115 for the rest of the season.
Hard to pass at 500K and he can now be bought with limited downside.

I dont have Tex, but he can wait a week. He might even spring back. However i do see 40-45 pts a week instantly from upgrading Gulden immediately.
Yeah I am leaning towards Jelly
I already have that spud Cripps..stuck with him now, wouldn’t dream of getting him even if he was 450k

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back