Trades Round 8 Trades

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't like the swans use of Heeney.

God he's Good player he should be able to roam up the ground taking marks back to SP .

He will be hard to pass up when he gets under $300k but I get the feeling he will still burn us even at that bargain price

At least you have a good R3 loop who might get picked at any stage :moustache:

I only got him because sooner or later we will need to cash in Flynn so I will only need 1 trade later instead of 2 like everyone else when the time comes.

Dec 7, 2019
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
Manchester United, All Blacks
I only got him because sooner or later we will need to cash in Flynn so I will only need 1 trade later instead of 2 like everyone else when the time comes.
I know what you mean, but you are using 2 trades like everyone else will, you've just done one already.

I'll be using Comben from north at some stage.

I was more taking the piss cause your loop will probably play more games during the year. So he might not be much use.

You might get lucky and he belts someone in the WAFL again and gets suspended for a while.

Last edited:
I know what you mean, but you are using 2 trades like everyone else will, you've just done one already.

I'll be using Comben from north bat some stage.

I was more taking the piss cause your loop will probably play more games during the year. So he might not be much use.

You might get lucky and he belts someone in the WAFL again and gets suspended for a while.

Yes I know I'm doing 2 trades but like you said I just got that one out the road early. Freo seem to play a lot of Sunday games so he will work well if he dosen't play and having Thursday teams will help with planning Captains loop options.

Jan 27, 2017
AFL Club
Sydney
With Chapman confirmed dead, makes Chap to May a lock

Don't need to get Frederick I think, could get dropped and I have SP Mansell at D7 anyway.

Chap to May leaves me with 223k remaining.
Any ideas for my second trade? Do I just upgrade Tex/Fantasia to best available (who?)

1620185932177.png

Dec 3, 2017
AFL Club
Melbourne
Yes I know I'm doing 2 trades but like you said I just got that one out the road early. Freo seem to play a lot of Sunday games so he will work well if he dosen't play and having Thursday teams will help with planning Captains loop options.

Inb4 Treacy is named on the 8 man Extended Bench every Thursday. :moustache:

Last edited:

Don't need to get Frederick I think, could get dropped and I have SP Mansell at D7 anyway.

Any ideas for my second trade? Do I just upgrade Tex/Fantasia to best available (who?)

View attachment 1119079
I'd upgrade Tex, as I don't like his run of games, he'll start dropping a lot. Fantasia could kick 5 goals against the Crows the way they've been playing.
Out Tex, then get Bolton or some other FWD premo you like, maybe Marshall or Zorko, or somebody else, or just move Fantasia FWD via DPP, then get Stewart, Mills or Lloyd

Jun 29, 2006
Nthn Beaches
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
BBGFC and LRGC

View attachment 1119079
Check your byes first.
Gulden > Jelly

Jan 27, 2017
AFL Club
Sydney
I'd upgrade Tex, as I don't like his run of games, he'll start dropping a lot. Fantasia could kick 5 goals against the Crows the way they've been playing.
Out Tex, then get Bolton or some other FWD premo you like, maybe Marshall or Zorko, or somebody else, or just move Fantasia FWD via DPP, then get Stewart, Mills or Lloyd
would love to get Stew/Lloyd/Mills but Fantasia + 223k bank only gives me 515k to spend and there are no other top 6/8 defenders at that price
Fwd premo might be the way to go but I just don't completely trust any of them. Need to see more from Marshall to see if he gets more ruck time. Sidebottom has shown SFA. Zorko has been good so he might be my best bet. Bolton I just don't trust to keep up this scoring for some reason

would love to get Stew/Lloyd/Mills but Fantasia + 223k bank only gives me 515k to spend and there are no other top 6/8 defenders at that price
Fwd premo might be the way to go but I just don't completely trust any of them. Need to see more from Marshall to see if he gets more ruck time. Sidebottom has shown SFA. Zorko has been good so he might be my best bet. Bolton I just don't trust to keep up this scoring for some reason
Get Frederick then, might be $300k in 3 weeks the way he's getting so much of the ball.
Butters and Jones still a month away

Dec 7, 2019
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
Manchester United, All Blacks
You can trade Tex out, then move Fanta forward and bring in any defender you like.

It's explained below if you are not sure.

Jun 29, 2006
Nthn Beaches
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
BBGFC and LRGC
Yeah since I don't really fancy any of the fwd premo options, getting a mid might be the best option. Downside is I have to keep both Fantasia and Tex...
But trading Gulden gives me 520k for a mid, so I can get Kelly or Brayshaw
Yepp Fantasis is a boil you need to lance asap. Right now there's a couple of cheap defs, May u are picking up so dont be afraid to target a mid.

Every year we say
'.....and target a fallen primo"

and every year the same chickenshit attitude comes out. When they are actually "fallen primo's" they dont get targetted....they chicken out with excuse after excuse why he shouldnt be targetted.

They dont become fallen primo's because they've been great as per usual...so when they are cheap we need to stick the nads on the line, ignore the "yeah but but but" and just grab them.

There's some super specials to choose from right now. I still wouldnt risk Cripps coz his body definitely aint right...but check out the lineup of primo;s hovering around 500K right now

Gaff 516
Jelly 508
Titchell 508
Brayshaw 508

Some terrific targets available. I just picked Jelly coz i reckon he's fit, and turned the corner on the weekend with a slightly more SC friendly role and they had a big win away. Even Taranto could now be bought, but if Jelly gets on a roll he can go at 115 for the rest of the season.
Hard to pass at 500K and he can now be bought with limited downside.

I dont have Tex, but he can wait a week. He might even spring back. However i do see 40-45 pts a week instantly from upgrading Gulden immediately.

Aug 7, 2013
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
Rams, 76's, Brewers
Righto, I need some help please. Which way should I go.
Thinking Rowe & Gulden - RCD & T Kelly
or Rowe & Butts - RCD & May or if you see something better let me know please. Don’t usually like going early on rookies View attachment 1119023View attachment 1119024
T Kelly is interesting.
42 touches, 22 contested, 9 tackles, 13 clearances... yet 10 kermits for his 131.
Made the comment after the game "It helps having a bit more freedom than the last few weeks". Referring to recent roles or being tagged?

Nov 6, 2003
Melbourne
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
🇦🇺 🇦🇺 🇦🇺 West Adelaide
I'm lining up either him or BBB as a bargain basement F6. He could get close to $300k which is great value if he stays fit. Big if though.
Has to be Heeney over BBB .......BBB looks a way away from being in good form

Dec 3, 2017
AFL Club
Melbourne
Lose a bet Andrew :moustache:

I'm not a gambling man, Wayno. I do have a soft spot for Richmond rookies though. Stack was a gun for my team 3 years ago. Did you have him too during his glorious mid-season run or did you trade him out early for an injury prone GWS SP just before Stack went on his high scoring spree only for your SP to die 2 games after you traded him in? :moustache:

Jul 21, 2008
The Sunshine State
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Bombers,Jazz,49'ers,Rafa
My team is pretty poor but at least ill have a complete backline for next round when i bring in Ridley for Kozi.

Midfield needs a lot of work, Wines and Anderson get plenty of the ball but they butcher it which really hurts their SC scoring potential.

Campbell, Brockman, Flynn & Waterman are dead weight at the moment. I'm hoping Brockman gets his spot back after a good game in the 2s but that is far from certain.

After getting Ridley for Kozi next round, i probably use my other trade on Campbell > RCD and bank a lot of cash to upgrade a mid for round 10

Thoughts are most welcome.

Screen Shot 2021-05-05 at 2.49.01 pm.png

Dec 3, 2017
AFL Club
Melbourne
My team is pretty poor but at least ill have a complete backline for next round when i bring in Ridley for Kozi.

Midfield needs a lot of work, Wines and Anderson get plenty of the ball but they butcher it which really hurts their SC scoring potential.

Campbell, Brockman, Flynn & Waterman are dead weight at the moment. I'm hoping Brockman gets his spot back after a good game in the 2s but that is far from certain.

After getting Ridley for Kozi next round, i probably use my other trade on Campbell > RCD and bank a lot of cash to upgrade a mid for round 10

Thoughts are most welcome.

View attachment 1119106

Which 2 trades did you do?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back