Trades Round 8 Trades

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
So with Fredrick now dropped do we go Murphy or a week early on RCD? Murphy better JS and on the bubble but lower ceiling compared to someone like RCD who has the better scoring potentially but less JS. Tough one since I’ll have to field whoever I bring in. Also the off chance that Hinkley recalls Fredrick next week and if we don’t go RCD we’ll be left with a choice of either Fredrick or RCD since they’ll both be on the bubble and won’t be able to grab both

Early thoughts after the Fredericks news is to hold Chapman this week - no (C) loop without him and can play Mansell tonight so no donut regardless.

The point benefits of a loop could easily be worth more points than the difference between Mansell and an upgraded D6 anyway.

Downside is no F6 upgrade this week - one of Rowe/Scott will need to be played.

Unless I go early on RCD which is tempting if Byrnes keeps his spot as a potential bubble rook next week, as he could be a decent playing rookie over the byes and would prefer him over a Murphy if he keeps his spot. However with everything that's happened this year, going early on RCD could be playing with fire.

So with Fredrick now dropped do we go Murphy or a week early on RCD? Murphy better JS and on the bubble but lower ceiling compared to someone like RCD who has the better scoring potentially but less JS. Tough one since I’ll have to field whoever I bring in. Also the off chance that Hinkley recalls Fredrick next week and if we don’t go RCD we’ll be left with a choice of either Fredrick or RCD since they’ll both be on the bubble and won’t be able to grab both
Highmore dropped after 2 games. Jones injured in his second game. Frederick dropped after 2 games. You would need to have either the largest chol known to man, a complete disregard for your own safety, a simple ability not to give a * or a combination of all 3 to go early on RCD. Even if Frederick comes back next week he's just as likely to go out again and at best he becomes a poor version of Flynn in terms of cash gen. I would go Murphy and then prioritise RCD next week

Any Collingwood nuffies? Who has better JS out of Murphy and Keane? And who would have a higher ceiling/better role?
Definitely Murphy, Keane is playing Key Position in defence while Murphy has played Wing and as the 3rd tall in defence.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Locked in my first trade (Rowe > Frederick), but kinda stumped on what to do with my second:

vTCgNqH.jpg

I've narrowed it down to two options:

Option 1-

YC3Heon.jpg

Option 2-

Ny4xPWB.jpg

Welp, Freddy being dropped really put a dent in my plans. Back to square one:

xfVC5Pd.jpg

I can still double down, but it would be with someone who doesn't have the scoring potential that Freddy had:

74Oc6yw.jpg

Orrrrr, I could go early on RCD and get May:

tM21AM4.jpg

All I know is that Rowe's gotta go and I should probably dump Gulden, 'cause I'm not at all confident in his ability to get close or beat his 86 BE.

I'm not confident Murphy will stick around.
Howe is listed as just 1-2 weeks away, not sure where Murphy fits in then. Noble, Quaynor, Crisp and Maynard are not getting dropped. Moore is moving back to defence. Then there's Roughy or Keane playing as the other tall.
Yes Murph will rotate between wing and half back, but then there's Poulter, WHE, Daicos and Madgen who have all played wing recently.
With our inside mid troubles, Sidey and Daicos are getting bulk CBA's, so that SHOULD leave a spot open on the wing.

Murph will get a few games, but I don't think he can score over 50 or 60 points.

I might just go early RCD, then I can grab May (I only have 1 DEF spot available, so I was going to choose Frederick)

Next week we should get other downgrade options

Bringing in Frederick and May was going to bugger my structure, so at least that crisis is averted. Will bring in RCD early. It went so well with Jones, can't see what could possibly go wrong.

Also on Frederick - he is clearly going to be the sub, some on early for a game ending injury to Boak, and then never leave the team. Those who forgot to reverse trades will benefit from the rookie of the year!

Well judging by those tweets pudgy little Rowe is playing. BE is 77 so he needs to go really.

I can still trade him to May with 1 trade. Not sure on the second trade.

Maybe Chapman to Murphy but I already have Macrae and McCreery and that feels like too many Pie's rookies. Having said that they all play different positions, and I think Collingwood have realised they suck and will give the kids plenty of games this year.

Would like to build the bank this week ideally, to get Dusty in two weeks. Next week might be a double downgrade too.

Decisions decisions.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back