Round 8 trades

Remove this Banner Ad

kerrazy

Premiership Player
Apr 26, 2008
Perth
AFL Club
West Coast
I know its a bit early, but I thought we could start the trades thread for this week considering theres another game on monday..

I'm thinking of offloading Bugg, has a BE of 63 and starting to look a little DT inconsistent.

Also whats happening with Cloke? Over the past 3 weeks has scored 76 76 and 71. Thinking of sideways trading him maybe, not sure who yet.

Are there any other rookies hitting there BE?

Double upgrade looming this round for me I think.

Was going to snag a M5 super premo, but all my mid rookies are flying still.

The toss up is:
-grab fwd premo & back premo
-grab Spurr & M5 super premo & cash left over for next week (when I will likely grab Zorko & another premo).

Probably ~$10k short of grabbing the back and fwd premo's that I want. We'll see after Monday night's game how short I am and if I'm willing to sacrifice.

Also whats happening with Cloke? Over the past 3 weeks has scored 76 76 and 71. Thinking of sideways trading him maybe, not sure who yet.

Are there any other rookies hitting there BE?

Don't be daft, retain Cloke. Wasted trade.

Milera is levelling out and I imagine another 50 from him tomorrow will see him moved on from many teams.

Tough week with a few of my rookies looking like they're leveling out a little.

Will probably hold Bugg for another week and trade Ellis depending on his BE (assuming it's high for a rookie). Will also have to see how Milera goes as well.

Haven't had a good look at the rookies so I'll check the options in backs/forwards when lockout ends and see if I can't make an upgrade somewhere.

EDIT: Ellis will be going down in price this week :| and with a BE of 98 he'll definitely be going.

Tough decision for me. Downgrading Ellis to either smedts/Neale, leaning towards Smedts for JS

I also think Bugg is peaking right now so I pilan to upgrade him to a premium back

Problem is the premium I have to upgrade to has to be from the rd 11 bye otherwise i will be copping 4 outs in 1 week for the bye in the defenders.

at this stage, im seriously leaning towards Lake, I know i missed out on him at beginning of year but he is seriously starting to look like a keeper. He is the only decent option apart from Hargrave and waters who I already have. Will most likely not be touching defenders again after this week

Def: Deledio, Goddard, Shaw, Heppell, Waters, Hargrave, Lake

Shiel --> Murphy

Depending on what Murphy does tonight. A high score from murphy tonight I will have to bring him in this week. If Murphy has another high BE I will hold off for another week.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Ellis to Spurr

The boy Ellis hasn't turned out to be the early-season cash cow that we hoped for. :( Still think he has the potential to be a solid scorer in the second half of the season, and by the time his bye rolls around this score of 6 will be long gone.

It's a tricky call on him. Not sold on Spurr's job security with Nic Suban (touted as a future Freo captain) doing pretty well in the WAFL. And we only pocket a measly $100K on the trade, my benchmark is usually $125K min.

Ellis>Coad. I know its a week early but it works in well with my bye strategy (round 13 for round 13), can see Coad playing out the year at CHB now Bock is goneski. Should be a keeper for me and provide decent bench coverage for the rest of the year.

Bugg and Kennedy in the gun, although Bugg probably for Shaw at this early stage.

Midfield rookies still ticking over nicely, Greene, Magner and Treloar still have some $ left in them yet. No hurry, going to score over 2300 this week so happy to hold onto them a bit longer. Ablett to be traded in the coming weeks, cant see him playing to his BE next week.

Ellis to Spurr is a ridiculous trade imo - Ellis will play most games this year, Spurr will be borderline 22...

Ellis>Coad. I know its a week early but it works in well with my bye strategy (round 13 for round 13), can see Coad playing out the year at CHB now Bock is goneski. Should be a keeper for me and provide decent bench coverage for the rest of the year.

Bugg and Kennedy in the gun, although Bugg probably for Shaw at this early stage.

Midfield rookies still ticking over nicely, Greene, Magner and Treloar still have some $ left in them yet. No hurry, going to score over 2300 this week so happy to hold onto them a bit longer. Ablett to be traded in the coming weeks, cant see him playing to his BE next week.

Nobody remembers what happened to Coad last year?

Ps Bock was playing CHF/FF anyway...

Ellis to Spurr is a ridiculous trade imo - Ellis will play most games this year, Spurr will be borderline 22...

I think I'll bring in Spurr for the byes. Got 4 R13 bye defenders and 4 R11 bye defenders.

Will get me 100k in the cap as well.

Harwick also hinted after the game he is getting pretty tired and is likely to be rested next week.

He's not a keeper and will leak plenty of cash in the next couple of weeks. Also he's a round 13 defender and probably not one I can afford to keep.

Spurr has been solid.

In the very unlikely event that I can afford to downgrade Ellis and use the cash plus my 133k in the bank to upgrade Magner to Boyd, then I'll do that. If not, then I'll downgrade Bugg and make the same upgrade.

I'm planning on going against the grain a bit and downgrade to Sam Shaw from the Crows rather than Spurr on the bubble. Shaw fits my bye structure a lot better than Spurr or Coad would and I have more faith that he'll be getting a game during the bye rounds than Spurr, even if Spurr plays this week and Shaw doesn't.

Any Crows supporters care to agree/disagree with me on Sam Shaw's chances of getting back into the side soon and his JS once he does?

Each to their own, but hamsting off the bone and a year off sure doesnt scare me off him. How many KPD do the GC have? Warnock and .....ummmm

Ps Bock was injured playing CHB against Fremantle. Try again...

Remove this Banner Ad

Back