Review Round 8 v Demons at Metricon (Sat, 11 May 2019)

Remove this Banner Ad

GC2015

Norm Smith Medallist
May 27, 2013
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Fair effort from the boys in Perth but it's time to regather and get back in the winner's circle next week. If we can maintain the effort we showed in the second half against the Eagles then I think we're a very good chance to beat the Demons at home.

So who comes in for this one? Who played well in the NEAFL and does their form warrant a call up?

OUT: GHS
IN: Hanley

Could have a few sore guys after playing on the concrete deck that is Optus. With the flight back probably going to be a heavy recovery week.
IN: Weller, Lemmens, Hanley, King (not happening)

Why play catch up footy if you can play good footy in the third quarter and then said good effort .

Playing Weller off a 4-5 week hamstring injury could be risky. I'd prefer to manage his minutes and bring him in through the 2s given our track record in these situations.

Didn't Lemmens only have limited minutes today as well? Has he got the fitness to be playing 1s?

I wouldn't mind seeing King come in. He has slowly started to look better and better.

Hanley an auto-in you would think.

Playing Weller off a 4-5 week hamstring injury could be risky. I'd prefer to manage his minutes and bring him in through the 2s given our track record in these situations.

Didn't Lemmens only have limited minutes today as well? Has he got the fitness to be playing 1s?

I wouldn't mind seeing King come in. He has slowly started to look better and better.

Hanley an auto-in you would think.
Lemmens played out the game.

Lemmens for young . Lukosius for GHS .

I'd put Weller straight back in - play your best and run the risks. Hanley in as well. GHS out for sure and I'll await the screams - Miller out for Brodie so we have two bull mids getting the ball out to the many outsiders we have. Touk has been underwhelming in the last three games, no matter how much of a team player he is. GHS the same type but they have to have the talent in the end as well. Ben King deserves a chance but who goes out for him? How did Lukosious go? .....and then of course there's Rankine! I only hope we see him soon and not burn him in the 2s over too many weeks.

It will be interesting to see what they do with Lach. Experienced players usually come straight back into the 1s and build form there. But does he fit that classification? I'm not sure. IF the club is confident he can play at least 70% game time then he could come straight back in on a back flank. We do know he's the ultimate professional so if he's cleared, he'll be ready to go.

Maybe it will depend on how he trains. If he's killing it and hitting targets it will be hard to ignore him.

Whatever questionable advantage we've had with Witts, be it tapping the ball at his feet or occasionally to one of our own, we lose that this week against Gawn. Mids will need to be good and on their game.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I want to see how Miles and Brodie would work together.
You need to Win the hard in and under contested ball against Melbourne and feed it out to our quick guys on the outside

This is such an interesting game. I don’t think it will draw a huge crowd because of our three losses but if our blokes bring what they showed last night then this could be a memorable one for the diehards.
And really that’s the question with our team. Will they bring it?? When they do they are such a group to be proud of, but when they don’t like the Brisbane game then you just tear your hair out.

I see this game as a test to see our group developing the ability to bring a 4 quarter effort again especially in front of the Beautiful GC Home Fans who left the Q Clash pretty low and disappointed, a little embarrassed too.

It will be interesting to see what they do with Lach. Experienced players usually come straight back into the 1s and build form there. But does he fit that classification? I'm not sure. IF the club is confident he can play at least 70% game time then he could come straight back in on a back flank. We do know he's the ultimate professional so if he's cleared, he'll be ready to go.

Maybe it will depend on how he trains. If he's killing it and hitting targets it will be hard to ignore him.
He's a number 2 pick kind of marquee player for us
NEAFL is a waste of time

I'd put Weller straight back in - play your best and run the risks. Hanley in as well. GHS out for sure and I'll await the screams - Miller out for Brodie so we have two bull mids getting the ball out to the many outsiders we have. Touk has been underwhelming in the last three games, no matter how much of a team player he is. GHS the same type but they have to have the talent in the end as well. Ben King deserves a chance but who goes out for him? How did Lukosious go? .....and then of course there's Rankine! I only hope we see him soon and not burn him in the 2s over too many weeks.
My misgivings re Touk are well known, and yes his competition is Brodie but you're just replacing one guy who gets his hands on the pill inside with appalling disposal with another but with less leadership
It's difficult
GHS shouldn't be anywhere near our first team unless we have 20 injuries

My misgivings re Touk are well known, and yes his competition is Brodie but you're just replacing one guy who gets his hands on the pill inside with appalling disposal with another but with less leadership
It's difficult
GHS shouldn't be anywhere near our first team unless we have 20 injuries
I just don’t get all the hate for Brodie and his so called terrible disposal.
It’s hard to get a kick or handball away when you have 2-3 players hanging off you.
Get him in and leave him in, let him settle into the team.
He would be an automatic starter in just about every team in the comp

I just don’t get all the hate for Brodie and his so called terrible disposal.
It’s hard to get a kick or handball away when you have 2-3 players hanging off you.
Get him in and leave him in, let him settle into the team.
He would be an automatic starter in just about every team in the comp
There's no hate
We're just outsiders but passionate supporters who are trying to understand our players strengths and weaknesses and the decisions the Club makes
Everyone on this board supports every single player who runs out in the Red Gold and Blue
We all want him to succeed but there's obviously a reason he's not starting for us (when apparently he'd be a walk-up at 17 other Clubs!?)
A high draft pick who chews up the NEAFL but can't cement a place in our team is obviously not hitting the benchmarks the coaching staff require and he's going to get talked about here because of that and polarise opinion
I highly doubt there's a grand conspiracy afoot to not select him

There's no hate
We're just outsiders but passionate supporters who are trying to understand our players strengths and weaknesses and the decisions the Club makes
Everyone on this board supports every single player who runs out in the Red Gold and Blue
We all want him to succeed but there's obviously a reason he's not starting for us (when apparently he'd be a walk-up at 17 other Clubs!?)
A high draft pick who chews up the NEAFL but can't cement a place in our team is obviously not hitting the benchmarks the coaching staff require and he's going to get talked about here because of that and polarise opinion
I highly doubt there's a grand conspiracy afoot to not select him
Can’t be good for his confidence when he’s the one getting dropped after just 2 games when there’s about 10 of his team mate that should be dropped before him

Can’t be good for his confidence when he’s the one getting dropped after just 2 games when there’s about 10 of his team mate that should be dropped before him
Seriously you can't drop him for one match and bring him back . That is even worst for his confidence .

Remove this Banner Ad

Back