Preview Round 8 v Fremantle at Fremantle Community Bank Oval (Fremantle Oval)

Remove this Banner Ad

brucetiki

Guest of Her Majesty
Nov 7, 2002
Wentworth Detention Ctr
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Adelaide, Centrals
Round 8
Fremantle v Adelaide
Saturday 26 February
Fremantle Community Bank Oval (Fremantle Oval)
2:40pm Adelaide time, 12:10pm Perth time

Last week we ran all over GWS, keeping them goalless for the entire match, while Freo had a bye.

This is the game everyone's been looking forward too - a possible AFLW Grand Final preview. The winner of this match will remain on top, and be in the box seat for the minor premiership. The loser drops right back into the top 6 pack. Who will get the win?

Last edited:

SANFLW team list for Round 4. Points of interest Glenelg Dayna Cox picked Int. WWT Jas Simmons out AFLW. West Abbie Ballard out Crows. Sturt Zoe Prowse out no reason Jas Hewett Ruck. South Nikki Gore Back Pocket.

SANFLW team list for Round 4. Points of interest Glenelg Dayna Cox picked Int. WWT Jas Simmons out AFLW. West Abbie Ballard out Crows. Sturt Zoe Prowse out no reason Jas Hewett Ruck. South Nikki Gore Back Pocket.

I assume at least one of those will be a travelling emergency. I'm really fascinated to see what they do with Dayna Cox. Somehow she feels a bit like yesterday's news, but there's no denying she was pretty good when she came back last year. If she starts carving it up at SANFLW level it could make things interesting.

I don't mind Tonon dropped so much, she had an okay debut but didn't exactly demand to keep her spot in that way that, say, Ballard did in her first match. Speaking of, nice to see Ballard back! Also nice to see Prowse on the emergency list.

Considine in, I guess it came down to her and Gore for a spot. Gore seems to be out of favour at the moment! I agree she hasn't been brilliant this year, but it's not like she's been bad. I guess if I'm going to try to find an explanation, Considine playing more up forward might be freeing Mules up to actually contribute something.

Definitely helps our chances that Bowers is out, and Roux out also helps matters. Shame not to see Randall back yet. Hopefully she can get back before the finals.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Sick of Mules just dropping the ball and throwing her hands up as soon as she feels contact. She did milk one free kick after 3 goes of it like that.

Martin has been fantastic, same with Hatch and Biddell. Defense standing up strong. Just need some avenues to goal. Great goal by Ponter.

High pressure high quality game.

Looked like we had the wind that quarter.

Munyard is athletic but gee she burns the ball.

Whitely needs to mark as she's toast if it comes to ground.

Whiteley and 🇮🇪 really competed for most hindering player that quarter
What about Mules. Doesn't even take possession when it's a contested situation and looks for the free kick by throwing her hands up. Easily out played by Ebony Antonio in the 1 on 1. Ebony's a star, but still, not even close.

How on earth do you pay that a free ??

Gee we aren't getting a good run.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back