Captains Round 8 VC / Captain

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gawn > Macrae with Brockman hopefully.

If Brockman is named then I'm screwed, Short > Macrae most likely.
Brockman kicked a couple of goals in the VFL, I reckon he's a decent chance to come back in

Two of Grundy, Gawn and Macrae for me this week. Reckon Big Max bounces back but would like to VC him to be safe. Can see Macrae going huge against Carlton.

Gawn/Macrae I think.
I’m a little worried .... Luke Jackson performed so well on the weekend as the lead ruck, i can see the workload being shared more

I indicated late last week, that MELB could use the North game to hand Jackson more responsibility .... that proved correct, why i double guessed myself and still chose Gawn as (C) god only knows

Potentially worrying signs for us Gawn owners

I’m a little worried .... Luke Jackson performed so well on the weekend as the lead ruck, i can see the workload being shared more

I indicated late last week, that MELB could use the North game to hand Jackson more responsibility .... that proved correct, why i double guessed myself and still chose Gawn as (C) god only knows

Potentially worrying signs for us Gawn owners

If it means we get some variety in captain choices over the next few weeks I like it. I think it advantages those with Grundy as well.

Can't see Gawn having too many bad games, Dee's will have a re-shuffle with Tomlinson going down. Max might spent a bit more time back taking those sweet intercept marks.

I've been saying it for years & I'll say it again, whenever you can VC Ziebell, you VC Ziebell !!!!

Ziegull into Gawn.
Collingwood are dogshit and he should intercept everything down there.
Gawn will bounce back, Hickey really isn't that good.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

2b8123a2ffc959eb9a7d97c3cfc2e3a1

broken-trust-how-to-get-my-partner-to-trust-me-again.png

Melbourne: "Fly in & fly out I don't think works for the 1 o'clock game is my gut feel.. I desperately needed a nap" Max Gawn after waking up at 4:30am on Sunday to catch a charter flight to Hobart for Round 7 via
@RSN927

Max Gawn "Going into the (Round 7) game, I was prepared to play a little bit more (time) on the bench with Ben Brown's inclusion."

Last edited:
Grundy into Bont. (Curnow cant tag everyone)
Do you think Curnow will tag Macrae?

Hardly ever seems to get tagged but it's the logical choice I guess. Bont will just go forward. I remember Clarke from Essendon doing it last year (or the year before?) and Macrae blew him up. Not sure he'll out run Curnow.

Do you think Curnow will tag Macrae?

Hardly ever seems to get tagged but it's the logical choice I guess. Bont will just go forward. I remember Clarke from Essendon doing it last year (or the year before?) and Macrae blew him up. Not sure he'll out run Curnow.

Just thinking Bont could run wild if Macrae or Treloar take the Curnow heat. Hoping Grundy goes big enough so its not a live issue ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back