MVP Round 8 Votes v Collingwood

Remove this Banner Ad

Going to have to rewatch it because at the game I was just laughing too hard and baiting the Pies fans around me.

JK and Kelly the clear stands outs but feels like they all deserve votes. Rotham bounced back in a big way to have a great defensive game. Nic Nat destroyed Grundy like he’s destroyed Gawn (and Jacobs lol).

Emphatic.
Yep, credit to Rotham, a tough first quarter

5. Kennedy - 7 goals in todays game is huge
4. Kelly - That was an immense game, finally hitting his stride
3. Naitanui - Ruck perfection
2. Gaff - That mark in defence, the shepherd on Grundy and even got a goal!
1. Allen - Let out a literal "oof" when he trapped the ball, did a one handed pick up and goaled

Yeo very stiff!

5. Kennedy - Classic JK, didn’t think we’d see that level of footy again.
4. Kelly - pew pew pew!
3. Naitanui - Rucking Hell!
2. Gaff - Very good all day.
1. Allen - Played his role to perfection.

Yeo, Redden, Shuey, Sheed all good too. Very good midfield performance.

JK- Kick 7 in a shorten quarters game wow
Tim Kelly - Yep brilliant a class above the rest
Oscar Allen - Sensational game and 3 big goals
Yeo- Was a bull
Nic Nat

Reckon toughest win I've had to give votes in!
5. O.Allen: I was tossing up between NN and TK, but Oscar was simply Brilliant today. I thought he beat Grundy whilst rucking and clearances, plus 3 goals. Absolutely love this guy.
4. TK, he's a Rolls Royce's and was on fire today.
3. NN: he dominated Grundy and got the game on our terms.
2. JK: Far out cannot believe I'm giving him 2 votes after kicking 7 today.
1. Yeo, loved his work in the clinches today.

Top 4 vote getters very even today, very hard split.

5 JK -Threatened do this the last couple weeks but was really inaccurate
4 TK - The best i've seen him in our colours. Time seems to be slowed down when he has the bal
3 Allen- Did it all. Kicked goals, took some clunks and really took it to grundy. Huge improvement from earlier in the season when he was being man handled by genuine ruckmen. That side of his game just going to get better as he fills out.
2 Yeo absolute bull in a china shop
1 Gaff. Absolute work horse.

5. Kennedy
4. Kelly
3. Naitanui
2. Oscar
1. Yeo

HM: Gaff, Shuey, Nelson

(Log in to remove this ad.)

5. Tim Kelly - Lots of possessions and almost all were effective and damaging. Was the leader in changing the movement into the forward line. No long bombing to the front of the square, just looking for and hitting targets. The forwards were moving, the mids were lowering the eyes and honouring the targets.
4. Josh Kennedy - Basically the same as last week (4.4) but kicked straight (7.0). He obviously took off his kryptonite underpants on the flight home. A new (super) man.
3. Nic Naitanui - influence, influence.
2. Oscar Allen - this guy has captain in waiting tattooed on his forehead. Oozes class and leadership. Could be in the top 2-3 of his draft year.
1. Elliot Yeo - he gives away a lot of frees (more than anyone in the comp so far this year @ 21) but I love his hardness in the contest. We've often been a bit 'bruise free' in the middle but not this guy.
Gaff and a few others unlucky.

5. TK - showing his worth
4. NAITA - hype all week was Grundy v Nic and Nic steamroller him.
3. JJK - seems ridiculous I don't have Josh with the 5 votes, yet here we are. The king lives!
2. ALLEN - kid is an absolute jet. Grundy would have been gutted that he couldn't get on top of him. A pure footballer.
1. Yeo - another super consistent outing from Elliot.

Huge list of HM's. Too many to list. Our best performance since 2018.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back