sapaul

Premiership Player
Mar 21, 2002
Whyalla, SA
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Sturt
Poor performance. Score flattered us in the end.

How much longer is Ayres going to persist with Ben Hart doing the kick ins?Edwards would be a far better choice surely.

Player of the year.

5 votes- Nathan Bassett
4 votes- Tyson Edwards
3 votes- Scott Welsh
2 votes- Simon Goodwin
1 vote- Matthew Clarke

Team man

3 votes- Nathan Bassett
2 votes- Matthew Clarke
1 vote- Mark Bickley

Rookie

3 votes- Michel Doughty
2 votes- N/A
1 vote- Graham Johncock

Congrats to the Kangas a win well deserved,
was it a mistake to leave out Rhett Biglands ? i really think that in the 1st quarter he would have jumped in to Spider Burton & given us the momentum needed,

Player of the Year

5 votes = The Hound
4 votes = S Welsh
3 votes = N Smart
2 votes = M Bode
1 vote = M Clarke

Best Team Man

3 votes = N Smart
2 votes = S Goodwin
1 vote = M Bickley

Rookie of the year

3 votes = M Doughty
1 vote = G Johncock

Bounce back next week guys at optus oval!!!!

votes

best on ground

5 Nathan Bassett
4 Scott Welsh
3 Matthew Bode
2 Matthew Clarke
1 Tyson Stenglein

Best team man

5 Mark Bickley
4 Tyson Stenglein
3 Matthew Bode
2 Scott Welsh
1 Nathan Bassett

Rookie

3 Mick Doughty
2 Graham Johncock
1 -

5 Basset
4 Welsh
3 mcleod
2 Bickley
1 Bode

TTM

3 Bickley
2 Welsh
1 Massie

Rookie

3 Dougherty
2 Johncock

A few crows need to get their act together. The coaching staff will also have a bit of work to do. Why Roo was left up forward for so long I do not know. Our game plan, attack on the ball and skill level fell away today. Our forward set up is once again a major concern, Welshy cant do it all on his own every week.

Well done to the Roos!

Jerome

I remembered this week :D

Best on Ground

5. Nathan Bassett
4. Scott Welsh
3. Matthew Bode
2. Matthew Clarke
1. Kris Massie

Top Team Man

3. Kris Massie
2. Mark Bickley
1. Scott Welsh

Best Rookie

3. Michael Doughty
2. Graham Johncock

BOG
5 Welsh
4 Bickley
3 McLeod
2 Goodwin
1 Smart

TTM
3 Basset
2 Massie
1 Ricciuto

ROTY
3 Doughty
2 Johncock

It was always going to be a danger game.
Worst on Ground - Ayres

Marsh shouldve started in the goalsquare and Roo in the Centre square. We lost momentum when Bickley went off, we f?cked around with some silly handball and are starting to become lazy chasers through the middle.

AND........ in this day and age with gadgets that can TELL you what boots to wear, there were an awful lot of Crows losing their footing
:confused:

Im shattered:(

Oh well, its not the end of the world -even tho' it felt like it for a brief moment!! :rolleyes:

B o G
5 Basset
4 Welsh
3 Mcleod
2 Bickley
1 Edwards

Team Man
3 Clark
2 Edwards
1 Massie

Rookie
3 Doughty
2 Johncock
1 .. maybe bout time we had another one in the side!!

I think we thought we were back at suburban Melbourne grounds again - it kind of reminded me of those games in the past where we were in the game, had chances but were never going to win.

Very disappointing result, we fiddled around with it too much and didn't have anybody to make a forward line contest...I don't know how many times Teague, Archer et al took marks in our forward 50 when a pack busting player might have made all the difference. Skills were also poor, for whatever reason, Goody twice ran into goals and missed badly, while Stevo had a forgettable one. Having said all that, the blokes really tried and we got reasonably close (after being down by 30 we could have fallen away completely).....with a bit of luck we might have got up but the Roos deservedly got the win. Not the end of the world but once again the game showed and exposed our frailties....

BOG

5 Bassett
4 Welsh
3 Bickley
2 Clarke
1 Edwards

Team Man

3 Bassett
2 Smart
1 Stenglein

Rookie

3 Doughty
2 Johncock
1 -

Rnd 8 Votes

BOG

5 Bassett
4 Welsh
3 Bickley
2 Clarke
1 Edwards

TEAM Man

3 Bassett
2 Smart
1 Stenglein

Rookie

3 Doughty
2 Johncock
1 -

Very disappointing effort. I think Denis Pagan did a wonderful job of psyching us out and then flooding our forwardline to stop us scoring in the last quarter. We fell for it hook, line and sinker !

Ayers moment of mirth

While Scott Welsh played a loan hand up forward, kicking five goals, Ayres said the former Kangaroo needs more support.

“Scotty Welsh is a medium-sized forward who has jagged nine goals in the last two games. He is by far having his most consistent season. For a medium-sized forward, he’s got to get some help from the bigger talls.”

Ayres was forced to move Nathan Bassett, his most effective defender, to centre half-forward during the third quarter, due to a lack of effective big men down the scoring end.

“I think he probably went a fair way to changing the game when he went there,” Ayres said of Bassett. “One thing Nathan knows is how to lead and he does lead hard and he leads strong.”

But Ayres said an in-form Mark Stevens is his preferred option in the key forward post.

“Mark is unfortunately not in good form at the moment. Ideally I’d like Mark to play there, but if he’s not playing as well as we know he can – he was runner-up in our best and fairest last year – we have to try other things.”

“We’ve got to just look at the structure. There are a couple of guys that we can play there, but our most preferred option would be Mark.”

While the Crows have been one of the form sides early in the season, with a 5-3 win-loss record, Ayres is concerned about their lack of contested marks.

“Contested marks are an issue,” he stated. “It was nine to 17 and really their players’ ability to take contested marks over us, in a game like today, was always going to be a decisive stat.”

“Even though it’s only eight (the difference), it still is a lot, because they just hold up that kick that’s going to the top of the square, or they chip in front of the pack. That’s an area where we’ve been probably the poorest in the competition at this year and again, we’ve just got to keep reinforcing to these players that we genuinely need a contest every time it comes into the forwardline … and a strong contest.”

Stevo HAS lost some form.

Scotty Welsh take another bow!! Where would our scoreline be if not for this player.

A few other Crow forwards need to have a good look at his attack on the ball.

Burton and Roo still need to step up with a 4 quarter effort

Best on Ground
5. Bassett
4. Welsh
3. Smart
2. Stenglein
1. Clarke

Best Team Man
3. Bassett
2. Smart
1. Stenglein

Best Rookie
3. Doughty
2. Johncock
1. n/a

Comments
This was the one which got away. We knew given the week Pagan gave the Kangaroos on the track that they would be strong early, yet we didn't match them in intensity. Poor showing Crows - Roo's 200th obviously didn't mean much. These types of games will cost us with the top-8 positioning at the end of the year.

Who is Michael Gleeson? He gave Goodwin 3rd BOG behind Stvens & Harvey. Was he actually at the game, because if he was, he would have known that many of Goody's 28 possessions were wasted - particularly his kicking for goal (points) at crucial moment which was pathetic. His kicking has been ordinary all year & he badly needs to improve his skill level.

We need to find a key forward quickly, as we cannot rely on Welshy every week. It is a sad reflection when Bassett looks our most dangerous marking forward! Stevens look out of form, so may be he needs a run in defence for a while & persist with Perrie forward. Like topjars, I was wondering why Marsh was under-used & not given more of a go up forward - particularly when we were bombing the ball in long to a medium size forwards (which made it easy for McCartney, Archer & the impressive Teague to clean up).

Cumulative Votes

10 voters so far:

Best on Ground
46 Bassett (5)
38 Welsh (4)
14 Bickley (3)
9 McLeod (2)
9 Bode (2)
9 Clarke (2)
7 Edwards
7 Smart
6 Stenglein
4 Goodwin
1 Massie
150 Total

Best Team Man
15 Bassett (3)
10 Bickley (2)
9 Smart (1)
7 Massie
5 Stenglein
5 Clarke
3 Welsh
2 Goodwin
2 Edwards
1 Riccuito
1 Bode
60 Total

Best Rookie
30 Doughty (3)
20 Johncock (2)
10 n/a
60 Total

Votes for Round 8!!!!
Best on Ground!!!
5...Bassett
4...Welsh
3...Bode
2...Clarke
1...Edwards

Team Man
3...Massie
2...Stenglein
1...Smart

Rookie
3...Doughty
1...Johncock

(Log in to remove this ad.)

well done

Just reading through your votes and comments. Congrats on humble attitude. You gave credit where it was due and were constructive in your critisism. Very refreshing. :)

BTW, I think you guys are naturally going to be tough to beat at home and will snare a few away. You should be in the mix at the business end of the season.

What a disgraceful performance

Our worst of the year

You could tell five minuutes in we were not switched on.

Andrew McLeod must be the only player people will give votes to for ten minutes of football

He was not sighted after he kiced the goal to put us nine points up. Not good enough for supposedlly the best player in the league

Simon Goodwin had a very average game and wasted so much ball

Marsh didn't start in the goal square because he is useless and must be dropped.

Ricciutio was the only one to give us a real contest in the forward 50 for most of the game until Bassett went forward

Well done to Nathan Bassett. THis guy just tries his guts out every week nad is one player we can all look up to as a role model.

I find it very hard to give all votes this week as I think most were of their game and put in an unaccceptable effort.

5 N Bassett
4 M Doughty
3 S Welsh
2 M Bode
1 M Clakre

Team

3 Bassett
2 Bickley
1 Massie

Rookie

3 Doughty
2 Johncock