Game Day Round 8 Vs Geelong - Monday Night Footy

Remove this Banner Ad

So many possibilities.
Out: Colyer, Banfield & Schultz, with Tucker and Duman under scrutiny.

What we are likely to see:
In: McCarthy, Matera & Conca.

What I'd love to see:
In McCarthy, Henry & Blakely.

Regardless of tonight. I think we're in for a real shot against the cats! Furthermore I think we're in it up to our eyeballs against all teams coming here living out of a suitcase.

Fyfe will be a few weeks away, Sturt the same, I'd have a big think about the prospect of a more athletic ruck in Meek. I'd be taking out Banfield and bringing in a more attacking option in McCarthy for the rest of the season One would imagine Valente is hot on the heels of anyone in the engine room underperforming.

Jlo coached poorly tonight..for the first time this year. He must insist on playing attacking footy and going down the guts.

If any of the following get a game before Blakely I will personally start a sack the coach thread
Banfield
Colyer
Bewley
Hill ( sorry to say)
Schultz

Wilson also lucky not to be included

So many possibilities.
Out: Colyer, Banfield & Schultz, with Tucker and Duman under scrutiny.

What we are likely to see:
In: McCarthy, Matera & Conca.

What I'd love to see:
In McCarthy, Henry & Blakely.
Match committee
What do we need next week?
Another marshmallow
Is McCarthy available ?
Yes
Great news lets add him to our other marshmallows.
That should result in a win

That was a pretty good effort with the team we had out there.
We were not a realistic chance of a win and we battled pretty well. Mundy and tucker down on their usual output.

Would like to see McCarthy for banfield and Valente/Blakely for bewley (had an ok first qtr but still meh)

That was a pretty good effort with the team we had out there.
We were not a realistic chance of a win and we battled pretty well. Mundy and tucker down on their usual output.

Would like to see McCarthy for banfield and Valente/Blakely for bewley (had an ok first qtr but still meh)
I agree with your sensible outlook although I'd give Bewley another chance.

Bewley was fine. Colyer was just ok.
The other two not so much.

I mean Mundy and Tucker sucked tonight but no brickbats for them?

Mundy has been a loyal and great servant and the end comes to us all ,Tucker has runs on the board , can be excused for tonite but needs a butt kick.
Colyer, Schulz , Bewley are probably really nice people but are they AFL standard. Would they make best 22 in another side.
Sure I,m critical of them but moreso of why Freo keep picking them
We saw what Fredericks can do, he shows oomph, plays on , gets the game going.
How many times tonite did Schultz mark stop, wait for it to clog up down field and turn the ball over. No oomph. Bewley is ok but does ok win premiership. To many ok players getting games for to many seasons.
25 years waiting and I,m impatient,

To be clear that was eagles best 21 minus Shuey and Freo about 8 Of our first 22 out I’m good with our first year. I was expecting a 60 point drubbing worst than last year. Loved serong, Cerra and Brayshaw rotating through the centre.

in a nothing year and Only derby I’m comfortable where we are at. We are on average a fair bit younger than eagles. A team without kennedy, Hurn, nicnat well past and our best 22 isn’t a scary proposition come 2021-2026 just take a breath everyone. Next year I’ll continue to attend eagles derby with my head held high.

If any of the following get a game before Blakely I will personally start a sack the coach thread
Banfield
Colyer
Bewley
Hill ( sorry to say)
Schultz

You might as well start the thread now. There will be some changes but I doubt Blakely is coming into the side.

To be clear that was eagles best 21 minus Shuey and Freo about 8 Of our first 22 out I’m good with our first year. I was expecting a 60 point drubbing worst than last year. Loved serong, Cerra and Brayshaw rotating through the centre.

in a nothing year and Only derby I’m comfortable where we are at. We are on average a fair bit younger than eagles. A team without kennedy, Hurn, nicnat well past and our best 22 isn’t a scary proposition come 2021-2026 just take a breath everyone. Next year I’ll continue to attend eagles derby with my head held high.
Collingwood should flog them

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Banfield
Colyer
Bewley
Hill ( sorry to say)
Schultz

Wilson has been rather garbage ever since injury. Doesn’t uses his speed, or inside IQ. Just throw it on the boot too often.
In: Valente, McCarthy, Blakely
Out: Banfield, Schulz, Colyer. They all stank, they all can’t be in the same team. Either Banfield and Colyer our and blood youth. 2-5 and having the same players? Why

Out: Banfield, Colyer
In: Matera, McCarthy? (Blakely with Serong more fwd?)
Why is Mundy getting rubbed out?
Toppled over Cole in the 2nd, did get him on the head

Am I reading the stats correctly? Schultz - 7 disposals at 0% disposal eff?

He gets a pass because of last week and we can't/won't drop 3-4 players at once.

Banfield has to be the first to go, Coyler aswell.

Don't worry though, Conca should be good to go. Wonder if Sturt will be good to go being we don't play for 8 more days?
Schultz was truly awful, every touch was a turn over. His energy and passion are great, but you can't carry a guy that not only turns it over, but turns it over really badly. Sadly, he does not understand how to play within his limits.

Pot shot a 34 year old in his last season? Shame on us still relying on him, not his fault.

All these people potting a 34 year old should ask themselves this - why can't Tucker play 4 quarters? Brayshaw & Cerra did alright but where was the more experienced Tucker? Seems a bit off blaming Mundy

35 in a few hours.

Blakely needs to be given a shot, it's time.

I have zero confidence that McCarthy will ever be a player for us, but after hearing of him 'dominating' a scratchie last week I'm keen to see him play. With that said he's been pretty handy in front of goal, he's just going to need the ball gift wrapped and placed into his hands for him to convert.

I think Matera and Conca add very little, and I'd really rather see Valente, Meek or North given a crack.

Wilson has been rather garbage ever since injury. Doesn’t uses his speed, or inside IQ. Just throw it on the boot too often.
In: Valente, McCarthy, Blakely
Out: Banfield, Schulz, Colyer. They all stank, they all can’t be in the same team. Either Banfield and Colyer our and blood youth. 2-5 and having the same players? Why
Not a huge fan of Wilson but reckon this was his best game in 12 months

The query i have with Wilson is he's so...soft
Not every backman needs to be a lockdown defender - I think Wilson should be playing the Lewis Jetta / Adam Saad role where he takes some ground then hits target that others in the team just can't do. Unfortunately with Hamling, Pearce and Logue out he's required to be more accountable and I don't think that's his go.

As part of a balanced defence he will be an absolute weapon.

I really do not think Banfield is an AFL player, particularly as a half forward, but tonight was not a great night to be a small forward or high half forward.

Shultz, Banfield, L.Ryan & Cripps (& Cameron) were all ineffectual tonight because of the defensive structures & lack of space forward of centre.

If anything WC small forwards were far poorer than ours with the cleaner & quicker ball movement into forward 50 WC achieved, but none of them did much.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back