Unofficial Preview Round 8 vs Hawthorn. The Luke Brennan Cup

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
How does Blakey get a game

Why back to duds in grey and Taylor and not wicks?

Thought Ling was on limited minutes and not getting a kick

How isn’t mcirey not in?

3 Senior players out with injury so they replaced them with 3 senior players. With compressed fixtures and injuries, we will still need Gray and Taylor so better to keep them match fit and involved.

I am guessing they are happy with Mcinerney and trying out other youngsters in his spot. We seem to be playing 4 youngsters per game. I am sure Mcinerney will be back at some stage.

I think Ling has only missed one of the scratch matches so he must not be doing too badly with his fitness. I am just glad that we get to see him play. Hopefully the weather conditions are ok.

Last edited:
If players are struggling for selection at the Swans, I don't think they'd be likely to see much game time at most other clubs.

true, not sure why he is struggling, unless he is injured.,

Wasn't Bell mostly played as a forward when he came in last year? Named on a wing this time. I'm interested to see how he goes there before writing him off.

I don’t get why we don’t play Warner in the midfield
We gave him a run in there in the last quarter last week and he didn't look big enough. Was certainly hungry though.

Wasn't Bell mostly played as a forward when he came in last year? Named on a wing this time. I'm interested to see how he goes there before writing him off.

Surely he plays in the middle

The Good:
- LINGGGGGGGGGG

The Bad:
- Hayward injured after one of his best ever games.
- Bell ?? Really ??
- Gray & Taylor

The Ugly:
- NEPOTISM.
- WTF does Wicks, and to a lesser extent, Foot, have to do to get a game? Horse has said that things like birth certificates or the route you've taken to get onto the list don't matter as long as you perform. I call BS!

The Good:
- LINGGGGGGGGGG

The Bad:
- Hayward injured after one of his best ever games.
- Bell ?? Really ??
- Gray & Taylor

The Ugly:
- NEPOTISM.
- WTF does Wicks, and to a lesser extent, Foot, have to do to get a game? Horse has said that things like birth certificates or the route you've taken to get onto the list don't matter as long as you perform. I call BS!

we need gray and taylors experience......

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Half the team is 23 years of age or younger. 13 of the team have played over 50 games of senior football, of which 7 have played over 100 games.

Playing Grey and Taylor adds two players that have played over 100 games of senior football and stops the team being solidly in the under 23 age bracket by majority.

With the players we have out injured and the lack of experience we have in our side, we can't keep playing kids without providing them support that allows them to develop. The likes of Foot, Wicks and Gould will get their chances in the coming weeks and we'll play players that some of us don't want near the side.

We don't have many options left.

Half the team is 23 years of age or younger. 13 of the team have played over 50 games of senior football, of which 7 have played over 100 games.

Playing Grey and Taylor adds two players that have played over 100 games of senior football and stops the team being solidly in the under 23 age bracket by majority.

With the players we have out injured and the lack of experience we have in our side, we can't keep playing kids without providing them support that allows them to develop. The likes of Foot, Wicks and Gould will get their chances in the coming weeks and we'll play players that some of us don't want near the side.

We don't have many options left.

in theory that works, but what experince do taylor and gray actually give us? neither deserves a spot on from, nor can find the ball, nor tasted any real success at this level

**** this is the best story of the year for us. Hope he goes okay! (Anything more and I'd be ecstatic!)
Might explain his selection. Morale is going to be crucial throughout this season, and that might also explain why they're holding off a few debuts, so they can continue to reward players throughout the season and keep some level of excitement among the playing group. Just a guess, but would make more sense than rushing to get everyone in IMO.

taylor sucks, Gray is average dont need to see either, bell i dont rate
reid shouldnt be on an afl list but he is tall so may as well pick him for the usual reason

ling better perform been carried a while

rather warner stay

cor out is good, blakey carried again
But other than that you're positive about the team?

in theory that works, but what experince do taylor and gray actually give us? neither deserves a spot on from, nor can find the ball, nor tasted any real success at this level
Structural leadership and knowledge I'd suspect.

B: Blake Hardwick, James Frawley, James Sicily
HB: Will Day, Sam Frost, Jack Scrimshaw
C: Tom Scully, Jaeger O’Meara, Isaac Smith
HF: Jack Gunston, Keegan Brooksby, Chad Wingard
F: Darren Minchington, Mitch Lewis, Harry Morrison
R: Ben McEvoy, James Worpel, Tom Mitchell
Int: Shaun Burgoyne, Ben Stratton, Liam Shiels, Josh Morris

their team is better on paper than in reality imo

But other than that you're positive about the team?

well florent is in for you so that pleases me

but no the selections are fine for a team trying to lose presumably, but people can spin it however makes them feel good i guess, the list isnt much to work with to be fair

Gee Blakey getting a dream run with the selectors. McInerney must be feeling like "What went wrong?"...

In fairness to Horse, McInerney looked a bit lost in his last game. Maybe Horse saw something that suggested McInerney was going to struggle even more going forward. Given that he's now gone back to the scratch matches and has struggled, that would suggest Horse was spot-on with his perspective at the time.

I like the kid though and feel like the same mentality used on him should be used on Blakey right now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back