Unofficial Preview Round 8 vs Hawthorn. The Luke Brennan Cup

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I can't wait for the Reid cycle to begin.

He comes in to the side, will play a great game and kick a bag.

His advocates say, "See, he's a massive asset to our side"

Then he goes missing for weeks on end.

His critics say, "See, he is inconsistent and hopeless"

Round and round we go, might get myself a sick bag this time

Kapers

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 25, 2019
AFL Club
Sydney

Who says he needs a great game for me to think he's a massive asset :p

mikey_san

Cancelled
Mar 17, 2012
AFL Club
Sydney
Terrible news about Hewett. Season going from bad to worse in many regards. Back operations so often end up making things worse.
I'd be very cautious if I were him about committing to that path without exhausting other options.

mikey_san

Cancelled
Mar 17, 2012
AFL Club
Sydney
Apparently played inside in the scratch matches and someone said he isn’t an inside player and won’t put his body on the line...
Maybe he won't put his body on the line in a scratch match cause I've seen him do it too many times to count in his senior games. Chunky guy, built low to the ground. Lets see how he goes.

Tell you what, Laidler knows how to keep his cards close to his chest, reading his scratch match report you would of thought Ling was a while away......

Olian

Norm Smith Medallist
Jul 12, 2013
Between the Bridges
AFL Club
Sydney

Do you ever not bash Reid? The rinse and repeat of fat jokes against Taylor?

Apparently played inside in the scratch matches and someone said he isn’t an inside player and won’t put his body on the line...

I’ve been saying from R1 he should be playing inside

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Forgot to mention this.

FIVE CHANGES!!!
That's a quarter of the team, it's going to be hard to win many games when that many new players are coming in. I hope our injuries end soon, because we really can't sustain 5 changes a week.
Early back surgery... Maybe we're chasing that top 2 pick. Don't blame them tbh. More games into kids, better shot at next year, better pick this year. Stuffed up the ticket buying process so probably can't sit with my dad on Sat, but stoked for this weekend anyway. If the only game I get to see this year is us vs Hawks and a Ling debut I'll take that.

I honestly don't get the hate on Bell? Guy has played a whopping 2 senior games in his career. Time to write him off..wtf

My views on him are actually less about his senior games, where he was unremarkable, and more about his NEAFL form, which I've never rated at all. It doesn't bode well for his chances at the highest level.

Jul 20, 2001
Sydney
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Sydney Swans
I honestly don't get the hate on Bell? Guy has played a whopping 2 senior games in his career. Time to write him off..wtf

I don’t hate Bell, I am just not sure he has any stand out qualities that will see him make the grade (having seen a fair bit of him in the weekly NEAFL games on YouTube).

I will be really pleased if I am wrong!

Diamond Jim

All Australian
Aug 30, 2007
Near the fat Pie-eater
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
LUFC
Bulged disc does NOT require an op....but it can lay you up for three weeks...depending on core strength and level of nerve inflammation. Ive had one.

Hewitt runs our on ball brigade a bit dry...Florent will have to lift.

I think swap Reid and Aliir - Aliir is more prepared to stand under the ball...and we can’t guarantee silver service..,which is why Blakey is struggling.

Haywood looks like a loss..,after weeks of drivel, last week he was useful. Blakey can breathe a sigh of relief.

As for running half backs...hopefully Mills can get off the chain...COR is a tuff one to replace.

I don’t hate Bell, I am just not sure he has any stand out qualities that will see him make the grade (having seen a fair bit of him in the weekly NEAFL games on YouTube).

I will be really pleased if I am wrong!

does anyone hate any player?

Oct 17, 2016
AFL Club
Sydney
Just wait

Not up to it

Bell is pretty decent at making a late run into the 50m arc. In the reserves he kicked a few goals getting behind the defence or being open in the 50m arc.

I am just happy to see what Bell offers in the midfield. Hopefully a bit of hardness at the contest and mobility to get there. Warner looks a talented inside mid but does not seem as much of a running midfielder.

I am happy for players like Bell to get a few games. If we don't play them, we won't know.

SGBeach

Premiership Player
Jul 19, 2019
AFL Club
Sydney
My views on him are actually less about his senior games, where he was unremarkable, and more about his NEAFL form, which I've never rated at all. It doesn't bode well for his chances at the highest level.
And don't forget... Caesar's opinions are absolute! - he used to be a midfield coach

Great to see Reid back in the side.

good example. dont hate him, he just cant football

but he seems lovely, i also hope he plays well

only met one footballer i thought was a prick after

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back