Game Day Round 8 vs. Richmond, Sat 07/05, 1:45pm MCG

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Against bigger-bodied Richmond, could we perhaps go with a ruck trio rotation of Cox, Cameron and Begg, with one always on the bench, one in the ruck and one up forward?

If we don’t do that and one of Begg, Cameron, Moore, Checkers, Howe or Madgen get injured, we’re going to be badly exposed for height.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

His brother. That’s who. Another Cal set shot from 35m that failed to reach the goals. For about the 30th time in his career. It’s just so embarrassing that he has made it to 70+ games of AFL. If he was going to blossom into a real AFL-standard player it would have happened long before now.

His brother. That’s who. Another Cal set shot from 35m that failed to reach the goals. For about the 30th time in his career. It’s just so embarrassing that he has made it to 70+ games of AFL. If he was going to blossom into a real AFL-standard player it would have happened long before now.

They both should be out, they are not the future

Cal is a seriously poor AFL player and is a measure of where we are at as a team. While he continues to get a game we know that we are battling to win games.

They both should be out, they are not the future
Thought Tyler was serviceable today
Not against a block of 3-4 matches and then make a call on his future
Callum just doesn’t have enough in his kit bag unfortunately, especially kicking.
The ship has sailed
Reef back for Cal, Henry for?
Need another target up forward.
Seriously Mihocek is almost our most valuable player these days.
Grossly underrated and should be probably on a better salary

Agree, we need to be getting these games into Poulter, Macrae, Bianco and Ruscoe.
These guys surely a better shot at making it.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
The Brown brothers are ordinary, but they compete better than those 4. I think Macrae is preferencing pressure from his role players, ala the Begg selection too.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

T brown was good today. Did his job.
He’s an inside mid only and he can only get it on the spread.
We got completely owned today in the middle, so his 1-wood was taken away from him.

But his defensive side was exceptional.
He was really strong in the contest and caused numerous turnovers off multiple defensive acts.

Agree he needs to get more of it, but he’s only got 1 string to his bow and that was taken away from him.

We have no one in the twos banging the door down in that role.
Unless they move degoey into the middle and play reef out of the square, T brown most likely stays.

He played alright but Gold Coast are crap, I don’t think you can carry a 2 hit out ruckman against Richmond. I assume his selection was more about forcing Cox to perform rather than Begg being good enough to to play. Cox put his hand up in the VFL so he should be given the role.
Absolutely hilarious bringing Cox back in on the strength of 1 game against sub par opponents, also though the Suns are not much good it does not mean Witts is by any stretch.

Absolutely hilarious bringing Cox back in on the strength of 1 game against sub par opponents, also though the Suns are not much good it does not mean Witts is by any stretch.
It's not going to happen. Without Degoey in there, we had a weak stoppage group and the best tap ruckman in the league was servicing a very good stoppage group. Begg and Cameron played a part in them not tearing us apart. The experiment worked.

We dont have anyone with a chance of matching Witts. Selection worked well as we got a better contest at ground level than otherwise.
Would have liked to see Cox give it a shot. May not have matched Witts but he would have been much more competitive in the ruck. At the same time if we are all about development, Begg was the right choice.

Would have liked to see Cox give it a shot. May not have matched Witts but he would have been much more competitive in the ruck. At the same time if we are all about development, Begg was the right choice.
I don't think it was just about development - Cox would have been smashed in the hitouts by Witts - not by as much, but still smashed - Begg gave us a fair bit at ground level- which cox wouldn't have. Cox's ruckwork isn't an unknown - we've seen a heap of it - he's not very good.

T brown was good today. Did his job.
He’s an inside mid only and he can only get it on the spread.
We got completely owned today in the middle, so his 1-wood was taken away from him.

But his defensive side was exceptional.
He was really strong in the contest and caused numerous turnovers off multiple defensive acts.

Agree he needs to get more of it, but he’s only got 1 string to his bow and that was taken away from him.

We have no one in the twos banging the door down in that role.
Unless they move degoey into the middle and play reef out of the square, T brown most likely stays.

The thing is that we have McInness who has showed more form in his stints as an inside mid in his NAB days than what T Brown has shown in that position for years

Hence McInness going a lot earlier in the draft than T Brown

If we want a purely defensive mid who averages 8 touches a week then we could still be playing Macaffer there

Otherwise give Reef the games in the midfield

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back