Status
Not open for further replies.
Mar 4, 2009
kanamaluka
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Hurricanes
For all Essendon and Richmond supporters to speak openly about all things relating to the game or each other's clubs.

Essendon folk, you know the drill, but just as a reminder:

Cards are held back here. Say what you wish, though of course outright or mindless abuse isn't encouraged, nor will it be tolerated.

Richmond supporters: Modding will be harsh on all other threads, so have your fun here. And don't let crap spill across unless you have something constructive to add.

Ideally it won't turn into a Bay 13 type thread, but these things happen.

Fire away. Will more than likely be the last one for 10 weeks.

At this point I'll point out that my distaste, as well many others distaste, of Houli as a footballer isn't related to him quitting. 2010 was kinda an emotional year on this board, and while Knights was at the forefront of discussion, the Houli debate was also heavily discussed, in part because of Knights not picking him for a long period during the season. At this point many of the negative opinions users have about Houli as a footballer, were either formed or cemented. Users such as myself, Whomb, Ben the Gooner were part of this 'gang', whereas other users like yaco55 (iirc), what's_at_stake etc formed or cemented a positive opinion of Houli as a footballer, which stays to this day. Obviously there's a few users who may have had a positive opinion, and switched when he switched, but it's generally not typical "oh you only hate him because you left" stuff.

and now i'm leaving this thread, never to return.

honestly he would be struggling to break into our line up atm. there is nobody in our team who i would take out to put him in on current form

How many Bombers fans still think Houli wouldn't be best 22 at your club?
Given the depth and selection pressure at the moment, probably all of them, and rightly.

He wouldn't crack the midfield, and would be scrapping with Dyson and Myers for a role down back, neither of whom may make the cut once Hibberd's back.

B: Dyson Heppell, Cale Hooker, Courtenay Dempsey
HB: Kyle Hardingham, Jake Carlisle, Dustin Fletcher
C: Brent Stanton, Jobe Watson, David Zaharakis
HF: Jake Melksham, Stewart Crameri, Angus Monfries
F: Alwyn Davey, Patrick Ryder, Leroy Jetta
Foll: Tom Bellchambers, Heath Hocking, Ben Howlett
I/C: Ricky Dyson, Sam Lonergan, Nathan Lovett-Murray, Travis Colyer

I wouldn't want him in that team. They know how put on pressure; Houli would do some stupid s**t and **** up the press.

Wouldn't displace any of last night's 22, plus Hille, Myers, Winderlich, Hibberd, Pears, Hurley are all injured and arguably best 22. Plus he's an unaccountable squib who'd be an utter liability to our contested, team-oriented gameplan.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

For all Essendon and Richmond supporters to speak openly about all things relating to the game or each other's clubs.

Essendon folk, you know the drill, but just as a reminder:

Cards are held back here. Say what you wish, though of course outright or mindless abuse isn't encouraged, nor will it be tolerated.

Richmond supporters: Modding will be harsh on all other threads, so have your fun here. And don't let crap spill across unless you have something constructive to add.

Ideally it won't turn into a Bay 13 type thread, but these things happen.

Fire away. Will more than likely be the last one for 10 weeks.

Over at the Richmond board we have a couple of preview threads up and running, one Official and an Unofficial one. The Official thread is for serious talk and all posters are welcome, just remember that any trolling in that thread will see cards handed out.

The Unofficial thread on the other hand is more light hearted and we encourage all Bomber fans to get over and have a look at it. The opening post in that thread is a ripper with a lot of work having gone into it.

Houli could play the role that Dyson is playing at Essendon. However, Dyson is a better long kick than Houli and with the form Dyson is in Houli wouldn't get right now. However, Houli probably would have been ahead of Dyson earlier in the year and not been dropped.

It is hard to say where he would be on our list now. Hird and Thompson have demanded more contested style play from our boys than Knights did and Houli would have either improved in that area or not be getting a game.

Would be in the 16th to 26th player area for mine. Handy player with some deficiencies and not someone you think gee we really could have used him this year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back