Review Round 8 vs St Kilda @ Metricon Stadium (08.05.21 - 1:45pm)

GC2015

May 27, 2013
Gold Coast
Win = Into the 8 !!!! Cmon boys, Saints' don't travel well
Just so it's clear to everyone - 5th Geelong (118.5%), 6th Richmond (115.9%), 7th Brisbane (114.1%), 8th West Coast (103.9%) and 9th Fremantle (97.1%) are the five clubs directly above us (102.9%) on the ladder with an extra win on the board. Brisbane happen to play Fremantle in Perth this coming Sunday afternoon and Geelong play Richmond at the MCG on Friday night. This means we're guaranteed to at least finish the round equal 8th on the ladder if we beat St Kilda at Metricon on Saturday arvo. We may also temporarily enter the top 8 if we win on Saturday but that'll just come down to percentage.

We're in the logjam here but it's a good feeling to know we're legitimately fighting for a top 8 spot. Every game we play is so important and that's equally exciting/terrifying!

Nov 17, 2009
Gold Coast
Gold Coast
Opposition teams struggle to find a match up don’t they? Strong in the air and runs all day!
I've always hope that one day I'd wake up and find Luke Breust in a Suns jumper
I reckon we've ended up with someone at least close at a fraction of the price.Not sure he matches Breust goaling on the run but he's up and down the ground with great hands and kicking goals

Decided I’d fly up for this one, can’t wait. Also thought I’d visit my family and spend mother’s day with them as they live on the Sunny Coast.

Just wondering - Should I bring the drum? Also who is keen on replicating the GOOOOOOLLLLDD COOOOOOAASTT chant that we started at the MCG on the weekend to ring around Metricon if we are up with 1 minute to go? Feel like it could become our iconic Coasters victory chant. Man it sounded good ringing around the MCG.

robo_1

Nov 11, 2017
Gold Coast
Decided I’d fly up for this one, can’t wait. Also thought I’d visit my family and spend mother’s day with them as they live on the Sunny Coast.

Just wondering - Should I bring the drum? Also who is keen on replicating the GOOOOOOLLLLDD COOOOOOAASTT chant that we started at the MCG on the weekend to ring around Metricon if we are up with 1 minute to go? Feel like it could become our iconic Coasters victory chant. Man it sounded good ringing around the MCG.

Definitely bring the drum 🥁

The girL from the cheer squad said she wants to try getting it going
25e550472496d09586c51349174f5d8c.jpg

Nov 17, 2009
Gold Coast
Gold Coast
Also who is keen on replicating the GOOOOOOLLLLDD COOOOOOAASTT chant that we started at the MCG on the weekend to ring around Metricon if we are up with 1 minute to go? Feel like it could become our iconic Coasters victory chant. Man it sounded good ringing around the MCG.
An improvement on "He's alright"

SnusCG

Aug 30, 2016
Gold Coast
Would rather keep Graham and Burgess in the ruck tbh. Why change a winning formula. Grundy had a tonne of it the other day in the ruck and was completely ineffectual the way our mids played.

Sep 25, 2012
Gold Coast
OKC, Chelsea FC, Raiders
Would rather keep Graham and Burgess in the ruck tbh. Why change a winning formula. Grundy had a tonne of it the other day in the ruck and was completely ineffectual the way our mids played.

It’s a tough one. Ryder in his second game back and Marshall are probably one of the top ruck combos going around and will be where the game is won or lost. The Saints looked much better with Ryder back (admittedly against a very average Hawks team). Let those two control the game and it will be very hard to win.

Graham and Burgess are going to get terrorised in the ruck. But they have competed incredibly and more than held their own around the ground. Will Zac Smith with Burgess chopping out fair any better in the ruck or around the ground?

eppo67

May 24, 2015
Gold Coast

Mate it was fantastic bring the drum it was fantastic. Well done.

RowellAnderson12

Nov 4, 2019
Gold Coast
Liverpool, Max Verstappen, Pacers, DR3

no changes this week, 3 weeks in a row same squad. 2 wins lets make it 3. Sexton again to be sub for me, don't change a winning formula

Mar 18, 2011
Everett
Gold Coast
New England Patriots
Based on how he went last week, Zac still has more games to find any semblance of form. Keeping both Graham and Burgess in there is the right call. They'd be as uncompetitive as Zac in the ruck, but at least around the ground the current duo can work to their strengths.