Review Round 8 vs Sydney, SCG, Saturday 7th May, 1:45pm AEST

Remove this Banner Ad

i really liked budarick game, ball winning hb/back pocket is what we were crying out for and missing last year when he got hurt.

also big witts best game of the year imo, full credit as big ladhams was in form.

funny thing is the style of footy we are playing atm is great for finals dare i say it!!
When Buddhas is playing well he’s a good kick which is what we need more of. It’s been mentioned before I think by a few people in the media that our style of footy stands up in finals. Our task is just to be able to do it better for longer and start winning more games.

Is this the first time we've ever held a lead for an entire game? Perhaps the first time we've ever held the lead for an entire match in an away game? If not, surely it's the first time we've ever held the lead for an entire match against top 4 opposition.

8vowFpU.jpg

Just finished watching the replay after having an early Mothers day get together with the family yesterday.
I knew the result which made it a much more enjoyable watch. Also had the opportunity to not get too emotional about things and watch players and how they went.
Witts had a great game and never stopped. So glad we've got him as our captain. Has to be very close to All Australian surely?
Collins was huge after last weeks slight drop, Ballard was taking grabs all over the place. Farrar and the rest of the smalls mostly did what was required on a usually lethal group of Swans smalls. Massive improvement from last week.
Fantastic to see Rankine shine and really look to be enjoying himself. Great game. Ainsworth had a really good game as well. Ran hard all day getting into good positions to receive the ball. His goal kicking has improved out of sight. I actually expect him to kick them now.
Shame about Luko's knee but it is what it is.
Actually looking forward to next weeks game at home. Think if we repeat our game from yesterday we're a chance.
Go Suns

Can honestly say hands down that the game this weekend against the Swans is one of the best I've ever experienced. There was only around 15 of us in our bay but we all had loads of fun and created a good atmosphere together.

From the moment the lads ran out onto the field they had laser focus and looked determined to compete hard. It was the most complete team performance I've seen in a long time. I was super proud of the way the boys held their nerve and showed the maturity required to get the job done when scores were level at three quarter time, I must admit a few of us were nervous when Sydney got that run on late in third quarter and leveled the scores.

A few key points:

Rankine really stepped it up and was highly influential, Swallow looked a lot better in the middle where he belongs, Touk was his usual threatening self and managed to break two tags during the game, Collins was solid as a rock, Rory competed hard and had some key spoils, Ballard and Buderick both had a day out reading the play off the half back line and had a lot of intercept marks. Only negative was Luko going down the way he did, was terrible to see.

Was great to finally meet Big Red Machine I can honestly say he is an absolute legend and great bloke. He is also very passionate and vocal, I told him he needs to join the Sunscreamers up on the Coast.. looks like that'll be put on the backburner.

SUNS killed it on the drum, Big Red Machine did a fantastic job with the big flag.

The boys all came over and celebrated the victory with us and thanked us for coming. Touk had a crack on the drum after the game it was great to see.

Really looking forward to next week against Freo, if we can bring the same intensity and hunger we did this week we will be in good stead.

Was great to finally meet Big Red Machine I can honestly say he is an absolute legend and great bloke. He is also very passionate and vocal, I told him he needs to join the Sunscreamers up on the Coast.. looks like that'll be put on the backburner.

SUNS killed it on the drum, Big Red Machine did a fantastic job with the big flag.

The boys all came over and celebrated the victory with us and thanked us for coming. Touk had a crack on the drum after the game it was great to see.
Thanks legend, Was a pleasure to finally get down to a game with the drum. Can honestly say without a doubt the club needs more supporters like yourself and the crew we had down there on Saturday.

As for the Sunscreamers I don't know if there's an amount they'd pay me that would be enough to put up with that clown car of a country club 😂

Shoulders were pretty sore in the morning and the (lack of) voice has made work interesting but absolutely wouldn't trade it for the world

Just to give a bit of insight into what we were thinking during the game

Quarter time: "Okay one down, Off to a good start but need to keep it going for another 3 quarters"

Half-time: "s**t, we're up but not as far up as we should be, 2 more quarters like that and we'll be okay though"

3/4 time: "* * * * *, here it comes, gotta get the first one to start the fourth or were cooked"

Levi's First: "exactly what we needed, a couple more would be nice"

Levi's snap: "Holy crap we've actually done it! Time to break out the chant boys"

Just on Rowelly
Looking at some Witts highlights on Suns IG he and Buzz are forming some partnership
They gonna carve up opposition midfields if they stay fit
They already are actually
Sure a gun like Buzz would crave 80k crowds at The G but you get the impression he wouldn’t consider leaving unless he got to take “Big W”with him
Our problem as Fish Whiting correctly points out is getting it into our forwards hands
It will come though I’m sure

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Suns Supreme

After reading this thread I should ban you from posting in game day threads lol. Maybe You can create your own thread with Iva Bigun and Ben Drever for miserable pessimists. I'll pop in from time to time, but wont be as prominent as you :p
HOW DARE YOU compare Ben and Supreme to me, I am much worse than them

Plus Someone’s got to balance off the sunshine and rainbows brigade that see every loss as a reason to give a gold star to all involved since Bods left.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back