Review Round 8 vs Sydney, SCG, Saturday 7th May, 1:45pm AEST

Remove this Banner Ad

I know most here appear to be a super negative and pessimistic bunch, but I’ve got a good feeling about this side.

Today was a really strong team performance - Swallow, Izak, Witts, Ballard all excellent. Even as frustrating as they were, players like Chol were still instrumental.

GO SUNS!

Witts was enormous. Absolutely enormous.

Great to get the win with Touk getting tagged so heavily out of it. Anderson missing as well.

At least our defence got a work-out in the last five minutes. Might help them get some form back. Rory's influence really enabled Ballard to float and do his thing. Budarick & Farrar also great stand-outs.

Ballard had one of his best games I’ve seen. Budders was great too, slotted back in well.

Thought Wil Powell was great today, Fararr has good awareness ( not a strong trait at our club) and Ben followed up his recent good form

Weller is a frustrating player as is Fiorini. Dumb errors just kill us.

Nice result

The game plan looked good because Sydney were super lazy and missed all their corridor kicks

Now if we can get a surprise result against freo

I’m confident we can take down dogs in those scrappy conditions if they don’t have any key backs

Hawks and north in NT …. Surely

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Love constant sh**ting on team, coach and players after every mistake during the game by most people here and then we beat a team on their home ground which some commentators have as one of flag favourites.

Most players delivered today unlike previous games where we had too many passengers. Farrar had some unbelievable moments in the last quarter. Budarick is back. Witts is a warrior. Rankine in VFL - haha.

Thompson survived!

Enjoy the win.

Love constant sh**ting on team, coach and players after every mistake during the game by most people here and then we beat a team on their home ground which some commentators have as one of flag favourites.

Most players delivered today unlike previous games where we had too many passengers. Farrar had some unbelievable moments in the last quarter. Budarick is back. Witts is a warrior. Rankine in VFL - haha.

Thompson survived!

Enjoy the win.

Yep can’t win either way

Budarick really showed his wares today.
For a guy that’s only 175cm he gets out worked against bigger players (ie that will Hayward one handed mark 186cm - 84kg)

But he did a pretty good job intercepting and giving some run from the back.

Happy for him as I thought he was really poor last week and was really wondering if he was too small to play against anyone but the smallest of small forwards.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back