Unofficial Preview Round 8 vs. The Bulldogs: The Raid on Bathwater Gardens (Opposition Supporters Welcome)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
The modifications to the bandwagon had taken their toll on the performance of the engine.

I crept it along Footscray Road as best I could. Traffic was banking up behind me and I could hear the horns and abuse being directed at me.

But I continued on.

On to Buckley Street, down under the Princes Freeway via Cross Street, I slowly approached my destination.

The traffic died off and everything went quiet. Night time had arrived and it was an eerie calm. All I could hear now was the puttering of the clearly suffering bandwagon engine.

I pulled up out the front of what was formerly known as Whitten Oval. Turning the bandwagon engine off, the sound of its suffering was replaced by the sound of running water. I looked out of the windshield and read the sign.

‘WELCOME TO BATHWATER GARDENS’

I slowly approached the barricaded front entrance. I knocked.

Nothing.

I knocked again.

“… who goes there?”, the voice came back.

Clearing my throat, I started “I have been sent by the Melbourne Football Club to deliver a gift to the Lord of Bathwater Gardens”.

30 seconds passed. Silence.

Finally, I heard the sound of a lock turning, and the front entrance opened. No one appeared to be there.

I looked down to see Caleb Daniel’s head sticking out from behind the door.

Looking behind me at the converted bandwagon, his mouth slightly dropped open. “Is…. is this the gift?”, he asked.

I nodded.

“Bring it through the side entrance. I’ll let Milord know that you’re here”.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I parked the converted bandwagon up where requested by Caleb. Stepping out, I was surrounded by a most spectacular sight. Whitten Oval had been converted into a stunning water garden.

A stunning water garden of baths.

Bathtubs of all shapes and sizes were ornamentally arranged into a cascading series of fountains, waterfalls and pools. The Bulldogs players lazed about in the baths, frolicking, laughing, drinking and flirtatiously playing with numerous Western Suburbs ‘Water Nymphs’. I had never seen a sight quite like it. I certainly hadn’t seen nymphs with so few teeth before…

I noticed Troy Pannell in one of the baths. I shuddered at his gawky face staring back at me, as he chugged down some bathwater. I hoped he wasn’t umpiring the game this week.

“HERE COMES……..THE PACKAGE!” came a scream from my right. It was Jake Stringer screaming his own nickname as he bombed into a large, deep bath. Bathwater went everywhere. The toothless nymphs giggled. He had jumped a bit early and was lucky not to injure some of the other bathers, but I noted Pannell was looking the other way so there was unlikely to be any ramifications...

“Ahhhh, so you’ve been sent by the Demons with a gift for me, I see”?

I looked up at the entrance to a palace. A tall figure was walking towards me, with a crown of ornamental baths on his head.

It was Lord Tom Boyd.

“Quite an impressive sight, isn’t it?”, he continued “I designed it myself. With the money offered to me by the Bulldogs, I was able to buy Whitten Oval and this is the efforts of my labour. Well, not my labour so much, but you know what I mean.. We spend our days in the baths, bathing and drinking the water. Bathing and drinking. Such a communal way to live, don’t you think?”

I looked behind Lord Boyd and noted a large mural, running alongside the main bathing area. It portrayed an Adonis-like figure, towering over a group of small men. The Adonis-like figure was headbutting a football into the heavens. Angels seemed to be singing to the football as it flew past them.

“Yes, yes. That’s an artistic portrayal of my greatest footballing feat”, explained Lord Boyd “Quite a striking depiction, don’t you think?”

I nodded politely.

3R1DOFb.jpg

Lord Boyd continued. “So, this gift you brought is quite…. Interesting. Can’t say that anyone has ever brought me a giant wooden bulldog before. Although it sort of looks like a horse with a bulldogs head….. Anyway, I suppose we could provide you safe passage to round 9 for such an offering. We’ll only beat you by, say, 6 goals then? Hrmmm?”

I nodded politely again.

“Ok, it is done”, Lord Boyd smiled. “So, will you join me for our nightly feast? It would be impolite of me not to offer given this magnificent wooden specimen”

I nodded politely once again, conscious of not saying anything to bring suspicion. I followed Lord Boyd into the dining hall…

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

It was after midnight, and most of the Bulldogs players were passed out, drunk on their own bathwater. I crept back out to the Trojan Bulldog, and entered via the hatch in it’s arse.

Turning on a torch, I looked at the Big Footy Melbourne Board posters sitting quietly on wooden benches along each side of the bulldog.

There were two large chests sitting in the middle of the bulldog.

I opened the first. Inside was an ornate bath bubbling with hot water which smelt of sulphur.

I twitched, and instinctively reached for a golden ladle that was sitting in the bath. I filled the ladle with the bubbling bathwater and brought it towards my mouth.

Striker stood up from the bench and put his hand on my shoulder. “No”, he said firmly. “Not now. Not ever”.

I twitched again. Staring at Striker for 10 seconds, and then the rest of the posters, I started to sweat.

Eventually, I put the ladle down.

I moved over to the second large chest and opened it.

Inside the chest was 500 bottles of Palmolive dishwashing liquid.

A small smile crept across my lips.

I started handing the bottles of dishwashing liquid out.

“It’s time”, I whispered. “You know what to do”.

Let’s * this place up.

Demons by 12 points.

The modifications to the bandwagon had taken their toll on the performance of the engine.

I crept it along Footscray Road as best I could. Traffic was banking up behind me and I could hear the horns and abuse being directed at me.

But I continued on.

On to Buckley Street, down under the Princes Freeway via Cross Street, I slowly approached my destination.

The traffic died off and everything went quiet. Night time had arrived and it was an eerie calm. All I could hear now was the puttering of the clearly suffering bandwagon engine.

I pulled up out the front of what was formerly known as Whitten Oval. Turning the bandwagon engine off, the sound of its suffering was replaced by the sound of running water. I looked out of the windshield and read the sign.

Nothing.

I knocked again.

Clearing my throat, I started “I have been sent by the Melbourne Football Club to deliver a gift to the Lord of Bathwater Gardens”.

Finally, I heard the sound of a lock turning, and the front entrance opened. No one appeared to be there.

Looking behind me at the converted bandwagon, his mouth slightly dropped open. “Is…. is this the gift?”, he asked.

I nodded.

I parked the converted bandwagon up where requested by Caleb. Stepping out, I was surrounded by a most spectacular sight. Whitten Oval had been converted into a stunning water garden.

Bathtubs of all shapes and sizes were ornamentally arranged into a cascading series of fountains, waterfalls and pools. The Bulldogs players lazed about in the baths, frolicking, laughing, drinking and flirtatiously playing with numerous Western Suburbs ‘Water Nymphs’. I had never seen a sight quite like it. I certainly hadn’t seen nymphs with so few teeth before…

I noticed Troy Pannell in one of the baths. I shuddered at his gawky face staring back at me, as he chugged down some bathwater. I hoped he wasn’t umpiring the game this week.

“HERE COMES……..THE PACKAGE!” came a scream from my right. It was Jake Stringer screaming his own nickname as he bombed into a large, deep bath. Bathwater went everywhere. The toothless nymphs giggled. He had jumped a bit early and was lucky not to injure some of the other bathers, but I noted Pannell was looking the other way so there was unlikely to be any ramifications...

I looked up at the entrance to a palace. A tall figure was walking towards me, with a crown of ornamental baths on his head.

It was Lord Tom Boyd.

“Quite an impressive sight, isn’t it?”, he continued “I designed it myself. With the money offered to me by the Bulldogs, I was able to buy Whitten Oval and this is the efforts of my labour. Well, not my labour so much, but you know what I mean.. We spend our days in the baths, bathing and drinking the water. Bathing and drinking. Such a communal way to live, don’t you think?”

I looked behind Lord Boyd and noted a large mural, running alongside the main bathing area. It portrayed an Adonis-like figure, towering over a group of small men. The Adonis-like figure was headbutting a football into the heavens. Angels seemed to be singing to the football as it flew past them.

“Yes, yes. That’s an artistic portrayal of my greatest footballing feat”, explained Lord Boyd “Quite a striking depiction, don’t you think?”

I nodded politely.

3R1DOFb.jpg

Lord Boyd continued. “So, this gift you brought is quite…. Interesting. Can’t say that anyone has ever brought me a giant wooden bulldog before. Although it sort of looks like a horse with a bulldogs head….. Anyway, I suppose we could provide you safe passage to round 9 for such an offering. We’ll only beat you by, say, 6 goals then? Hrmmm?”

I nodded politely again.

“Ok, it is done”, Lord Boyd smiled. “So, will you join me for our nightly feast? It would be impolite of me not to offer given this magnificent wooden specimen”

I nodded politely once again, conscious of not saying anything to bring suspicion. I followed Lord Boyd into the dining hall…

It was after midnight, and most of the Bulldogs players were passed out, drunk on their own bathwater. I crept back out to the Trojan Bulldog, and entered via the hatch in it’s arse.

Turning on a torch, I looked at the Big Footy Melbourne Board posters sitting quietly on wooden benches along each side of the bulldog.

I opened the first. Inside was an ornate bath bubbling with hot water which smelt of sulphur.

I twitched, and instinctively reached for a golden ladle that was sitting in the bath. I filled the ladle with the bubbling bathwater and brought it towards my mouth.

Striker stood up from the bench and put his hand on my shoulder. “No”, he said firmly. “Not now. Not ever”.

I twitched again. Staring at Striker for 10 seconds, and then the rest of the posters, I started to sweat.

Let’s **** this place up.

Demons by 12 points.
That is some sort of effort, kudos to ya.

Excellent OP :thumbsu:

tl/dr version - Benwah entered a horse's "nether region" and enjoys the Bulldogs version of a good scrubbing in a Turkish-like bath (NTTAWWT).
Good thing too, as by reputation our women are all real scrubbers... ah, wait. Nevermind.

Anyway, game is probably going to be a shootout with 4 of our best 6 defenders out and our KPDs being, well, not very good / not in good form / developing / no don't look at me stupid stay on the field.
Sending Caleb Daniel to Hogan may prove just as effective as Fletcher "Syd" Roberts but Caleb's arguably our best ball user and needed on the HF line. Yes, possibly our best ball user is a 2nd year 3rd round draft pick who avoids St Kilda for fear of burns injuries.

Sadly Tom Boyd is still injured (he was in reasonable form pre-injury) so we'll have to get our other forwards to make up the difference, expecting Wallis to drift forward to make up that extra handball.

Stringer is proppy so will likely play 100% forward, Redpath is good for 2 goals per game, maybe 3, is a Bendigo boy so probably can't count much higher than that anyway. Pretty confident in our ruck duo keeping Gawn to under 60 hit outs but fortunately Bonti is starting to overcome a complete lack of pre-season so hopefully for the Bulldogs he can shark a few. Libba is also getting back into form so expect him to get plenty of the pill. *ahem*

Stats wise you guys match us pretty well for contested football so whichever team can spread from the contest better will probably get over the line, tipping us by a point although the way our forwards kick we'll need at least 7 more scoring shots than you for that to happen (most likely 13). Our rucks can go forward and take a mark but even Imperial Stormtroopers laugh at their lack of ability to hit the target. Best you just double team Redpath & Stringer and hope Dickson doesn't get under your guard (50 goals last season and top 10 in the Coleman, yet even his extended family don't recognise him).

Gi

But I continued on.

Nothing.

I knocked again.

I nodded.

It was Lord Tom Boyd.

I nodded politely.

3R1DOFb.jpg

I nodded politely again.

Let’s **** this place up.

Demons by 12 points.
gold. Nice work

Excellent OP :thumbsu:

Sadly Tom Boyd is still injured (he was in reasonable form pre-injury) so we'll have to get our other forwards to make up the difference, expecting Wallis to drift forward to make up that extra handball.

Suffering from a lack of the sub rule

Quite brilliant!

Benwah83 I demand to know why you opened my only tub of 1964 bathwater...and I thought that it had a sign reading 'To be opened in the event of Mark Neeld'

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Beautiful Benwah83

I cried it was so powerful. Only I'm predicting Demons by 30, using a complex algorithm factoring in the bath water, the Package missing some largely pointless marks in a failed bid for even more attention, Caleb's shortness and various other details too complex for the doggie audience so I won't post them here.

Tom Boyd is so s**t.

Woof woof.

That is all.

I find that offensive.... I think you should issue a public apology to pieces of s**t everywhere.

Sorry to disappoint but your going to lose this one.

Take note of 1st and 2nd qtr

Hogan to kick 1

Take note that this game isn't at Etihad, but at the MCG. We can give you directions if you need ... given you've only played 3 games there since the start of last year, and only won one of them ... not the one against us.

Sorry to disappoint but your going to lose this one.

Take note of 1st and 2nd qtr

Hogan to kick 1

If Hogan is limited to one kick then I hope he kicks Stringer. In the package for preference.

tl/dr version - Benwah entered a horse's "nether region" and enjoys the Bulldogs version of a good scrubbing in a Turkish-like bath (NTTAWWT).
Good thing too, as by reputation our women are all real scrubbers... ah, wait. Nevermind.

Can't say I was a huge fan of the decision to install the entry hatch in the horse's arse. However in terms of being able to project a retractable staircase out of a giant wooden horse it was the logical option.

Redpath is good for 2 goals per game, maybe 3, is a Bendigo boy so probably can't count much higher than that anyway.

HEY! I RESEMBLE THAT REMARK!

Well not really, only been here a year, but there are at least five people that can count higher than that.

As a graduate of the Bendigo education system I'd like to go on record as resembling that remark too! A select group of us were taught to count past 3.

Yes, we may have been hand-picked for this special additional mathematical tutelage, but that possibility was available if you managed to show enough promise (and didn't do drugs, burn parts of your school down, become a mum or dad at 13, etc, etc, etc).

Benwah83 I demand to know why you opened my only tub of 1964 bathwater...and I thought that it had a sign reading 'To be opened in the event of Mark Neeld'

Sorry mate. But with no sign of Neeld coming back I think we need to change the criteria for tub access. It would be a shame just to leave it sitting there, bubbling away with no use.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back