Autopsy Round 9, 2021: St.Kilda v Geelong *WEBSTER 100TH* *WILKIE 50TH*

Remove this Banner Ad

What was possibly more frustrating than our goalkicking tonight?

When Lonie had The most courageous moment of his career, and then King fluffed it by constantly fumbling the ball 40m in space:'( hurt us big time
That was next level. Cant imagine what the cats thought of that. What a colossal wasted opportunity that was.

Long had some pretty bad moments again. One resulted in a goal against that really hurt.

I think we need to go back to trying him in the forward line at VFL.

His spot has been taken by the much cleaner, more productive Sinclair. Long was ok last year but we definitely needed to upgrade from him eventually. His days in the best 22 might be done.

For those bagging the s**t out of Butler, guess who had a team-high (and 2nd-most on ground) 32 pressure acts (next best for us was Steele, with 28), to go with his 7 tackles and a goal?

Yeah let’s drop our best pressure player for the game, when our pressure was what would have won us the game (had we not botched so many of our kicks for goal and inside 50), and a guy who kicked 20% of our goals to boot!

Last edited:
For those getting into Max King for today’s effort , I will leave you with one more thing .
Buddy kicked 2.11 v the Dogs one day in his third season. Things worked out alright for him.

Who should I block? Joffa or Noidenous? Their irrelevant banter could go into a pm right? I just want to talk about how disappointing we were.
I’ve had Noidenous on ignore for about 8 years. Only one on this board.

Occasionally I tap the “unignore” option.

And usually wish I hadn’t.

Our defence worked well with Highmore so we need to find another role for Coffield.

How about we play Coffield at full forward like Naughton? He can take a grab and he can kick straight unlike our other forwards.

King goes to CHF, Membrey in the floater forward role with the Coff at full forward, it's a crazy idea but it's crazy enough to work.

I was prepared for the embarrassing loss and the hard fought respectable loss but I wasn't prepared for the kicking ourselves out of it choking loss.

Credit to St Kilda, they always find new ways to disappoint their fans,

Seems that Max's goal kicking and his dropped marks deteriorate as the game goes on. He will get more AFL fit in another year.

Funnily enough I think he clunks more marks during 4th quarters, seems to stand out to me. Like many players, maybe he plays better when angry (after missing earlier opportunities)?

What a pathetic effort. Who is the kicking coach, they need to get out there and practice for hours like what we done when I played. King needs to pull his finger out along with a few others. At this stage wont be renewing membership for next year. Sick of the same crap year in year out. They are better than this. The coaches need to take responsibility to.

LOL, no one took more contested marks than Max tonight

It's the uncontested ones he drops! :smirk: Last week wasn't a good one either with a few soft efforts.

King is keen to succeed and I have no doubt he'll be a monster. It doesn't mean analysis of his, or anyone's perfomances isn't ever warranted.

At the moment he's looking like a better CHF than FF. Apart from his goalkicking he seems to be improving very quickly.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remember when Lockett kicked 2.4 in his 5th game and 2.5 in his 11th?

Not sure why we bothered persisting tbh it was obviously a trend.

And Plugger kicked 77.44 in his second season at 18 years old.

79.22 @ 19yo
60.29 @ 20yo
117.52 @ 21yo

But you love the dramatic Geary Is GOAT

If you choose to ignore the obvious with King's goalkicking then ignorance is bliss there. Thank heavens King certainly isn't ignorant of it and practising for longer hours to sort it out. He'll be a champion because he works hard and doesn't have a soft attitude towards poor performances. He's come far already, goalkicking aside.

I'm going to try and sleep the depression away. Would rather be blown out of the water early than butcher a game like that. Torture.
Great idea, geez you post some absolute s**t. Taking issue with someone telling you to not abuse people post game. Get a grip seriously it's embarrassing.

Our fans accept mediocrity. Weller, Kent, Dmac, Dunstan and countless more VFL level players defended to the very end in here and selectors continuing to pick them over young players with scope for years has hurt us so badly. Sacrificing development for players that aren't up to it is a constant theme at St.Kilda.
Just absolute crap hahaha

George Hubnester hey dickheads can you do your job here?
Thanks for that, I'm amazed you didn't crack the shits like you usually do when someone doesn't agree with your amazing ITK knowledge 😂

King needs to go back to the VFL, he isn't at AFL standard and I said as much last year and got howled down for it but I don't know how long others can stick up for him anymore. He is a liability. Can't kick straight and occasionally takes a mark. It's not good enough. Send him back to Sandringham until he knows how to play at the standard required.

Do we just defend him because he was drafted high and occasionally shows some of what he is capable of? It's absurd. He isn't up to it.

People always ask me when I grew up in Perth why don't you barrack for West Coast you could have celebrated 4 premierships.

I'm like yeah nah I prefer to take the St Kilda hard road.

Take your drunken barrage of videos somewhere else.

Being silly by factually pointing out king topped numerous stats and was one of our best?
Bizarre indeed.

Hooray for stats. A full forward kicking 1.5 wouldn't be in my best, but I respect your opinion.
He wasn't in the match report best either (doesn't mean too much though):

BEST
St Kilda:
Crouch, Ross, Billings, Sinclair, Membrey

Everyone needs to calm down about Max and check their attitudes. It's a forum, people have opinions. Whether it's a good or not so good performance, highlighting stengths or weaknesses, suggesting position changes or gaining touch at Sandy... whatever it is, people have opinions on a forum and shouldn't be shot down for genuine discussions. People are disappointed, but there's no need to get personal or make passive aggressive comments. I've probably been guilty of it sometimes. Look for someone like aussierulesrules for constructive comments 🙌

With Marshall having a disrupted year, and probably out for one or two games, they won't drop King. So, I reckon he be played King higher up the ground, keep Battle & Membrey deep. Have Coffield as the swing man (when he gets his confidence back)...at least he played wing at some stage in juniors, can take a grab, and can go back...it can't be worse than the Battle experiment 🤷🏼‍♂️ either that...or drop King and put Punter and McKernan in 😳 (at least we'll know we're tanking)

Great idea, geez you post some absolute sh*t. Taking issue with someone telling you to not abuse people post game. Get a grip seriously it's embarrassing.

Just absolute crap hahaha

Thanks for that, I'm amazed you didn't crack the shits like you usually do when someone doesn't agree with your amazing ITK knowledge 😂
I forget if I had bagged the club or a player you would have already done your job.

we get a Gws and Geelong idiot in the post game thread and your too busy getting smashed on water to do anything.

well done George. Please remember to moderate the threads where we choke not just fail to turn up and embarrass ourselves.

I forget if I had bagged the club or a player you would have already done your job.

we get a Gws and Geelong idiot in the post game thread and your too busy getting smashed on water to do anything.

well done George. Please remember to moderate the threads where we choke not just fail to turn up and embarrass ourselves.
BigFooty isn't my life so I'm so sorry stavro that I wasn't on it immediately or at your request. Imagine that. Doing something other than this on a Friday night. How silly of me.

Did it affect Riewoldt mentally as much as King though? Did you see Max on the bench at the end there? Guy honestly looked devestated. If I was Ratten I would basically call him in and say we know you're a gun and you're struggling a bit, here are your options; a) stay in the team and stay up forward but sort your head out, b) go back to the VFL and dominate a game to get your mojo back or c) play higher up the ground for a bit get some good touch and feel like you're contributing and we'll just slowly bring your forward 50 minutes back up.

If I was Ratts I'd say: "you had 7 shots at goal tonight against a defence that played in a grand final last year, I know the misses must be frustrating but you are absolutely killing it, just keep doing what you're doing and it'll all come together".

BigFooty isn't my life so I'm so sorry stavro that I wasn't on it immediately or at your request. Imagine that. Doing something other than this on a Friday night. How silly of me.
Strange we have match day threads at 2am.
We have you act like Saddam Hussein when your favourite player gets a nasty word said and you start going on about mental health and partners and all sort of left field s**t no one mentioned.

but to actually moderate and prevent trolls from having a crack - wowser, real step to far there.
Maybe Bigfooty is too big a place and the facilities just aren’t there to support you. Because you know best. You work in membership. It’s impossible to moderate like the other boards 🙄

Remove this Banner Ad

Back