Review Round 9, 2014 - Box Hill Hawks v North Ballarat Roosters, 7 June 2014, 2.00pm @ BHCO

Remove this Banner Ad

bumsonseats

Premiership Player
Oct 8, 2009
Back in Stinktown (Adelaide)
AFL Club
Hawthorn
The thread for next weeks BH game isn't up yet, so have to post here.
I am coming to Melbourne next weekend and planning on getting to the BH game against Nth Ballarat.
Anyone else planning on going to the BH game next week. Wouldn't mind catching a few of the other BF guys there

The Box Hill Hawks will attempt to bounce back from their first loss of the season after the week off for the State game with a game at home to North Ballarat Roosters.

boxhill-roosters.jpg

The Roosters sit half a game outside the top eight, with three wins so far this season, while the Hawks slipped to second, half a game behind the new ladder leader, Port Melbourne. Although the Hawks sit in second, a game and a half clear of Werribee, Williamstown and Collingwood, the Hawks can't afford to slip up again, especially enjoying the home ground advantage.

In the meantime, the development squad host Casey Scorpions at Box Hill City Oval from 10.30am.

As always, 3WBC FM will provide live coverage on the radio at 94.1FM for those in the eastern suburbs, online at www.3wbc.org.au and on your mobile or tablet using the TuneIn app.

Last edited:
Langford named, seems he isn't rested.

Seniors:
B Heatherley Kennedy Brand
HB Kelly Mirra Wanganeen
C Ross Hallahan Iles
HF Webster Woodward Cust
F O'Brien Sicily Grimley
R Collins Langford Simpkin
Int Willsmore Soccio* Andrews
Lawlor O'Donnell Gordon
Goodwin Lock Murphy

Dev squad:
B Pell Thompson S. Gibson
HB Vizzarri Summers Crocker
C Cassidy Murphy Lock
HF Tobin O'Donnell Cust
F Goodwin Gordon Lawlor
R Post Wood Miles
Int Evans Exon Northe
Franetic Bond Tatupu
Fisher Walker P. McEvoy

I'm keen to go to this game but as it clashes with the Hawks game (been going to most this year, really enjoying them), do you think they'll do score spoilers over the tannoy during the quarter time breaks?

I'm keen to go to this game but as it clashes with the Hawks game (been going to most this year, really enjoying them), do you think they'll do score spoilers over the tannoy during the quarter time breaks?

Welcome BigRough. To answer your question, almost certainly.

I wanted to go too as I've been going regularly as well (and also enjoying it) but have decided I am going to watch Hawthorn, just know I will be totally distracted if Hawthorn are losing or it's close. Am less worried about Box Hill's chances, should win I think especially with Simpkin and maybe Hallahan or Langford back (although missing Lowden obviously!)

I wanted to go too as I've been going regularly as well (and also enjoying it) but have decided I am going to watch Hawthorn, just know I will be totally distracted if Hawthorn are losing or it's close. Am less worried about Box Hill's chances, should win I think especially with Simpkin and maybe Hallahan or Langford back (although missing Lowden obviously!)
My philosophy is if there is a live game then i will go to that because a tv game can always be recorded and watched later.

It may have been mentioned elsewhere, but how's Mitch O'Donnell travelling this season?
No fault of his but he has been squeezed out. Woody and Luke Andrews are better options so they get first go at the inside mid role. Even with all the injuries BHH midfield has stayed strong guys like Woody and Mitch have struggled to get decent game time and game opportunities.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

No fault of his but he has been squeezed out. Woody and Luke Andrews are better options so they get first go at the inside mid role. Even with all the injuries BHH midfield has stayed strong guys like Woody and Mitch have struggled to get decent game time and game opportunities.
Thanks for that. I hope he gets more opportunities in the second half of the season.

Shem on extended interchange for D squad. Hope he gets lots of game time, its the one thing he needs most.

Shem is playing & has 3 goals to his name before half time, Tom Gordon has 5 to his name.

Half Time in Development Game & its Box Hill 12.10.82 to Casey 3.3.21,

Apparently Shem roosted one from outside 50 & another was a result of a 'Don't argue' fend off!

Last edited:
3qtr Time Box Hill 18.12. 120 to Casey 4.4.28....Tom Gordon has 8 Goals, Shem has 4 & McEvoy 2.

Jeepers :eek: Eight goals is a good effort, albeit against a weak opposition by the looks of it. No doubt Tom Gordon will be back in the senior team soon (always seemed to play well whenever I have seen him play so a bit surprised he is playing in the Development team tbh).

Jeepers :eek: Eight goals is a good effort, albeit against a weak opposition by the looks of it. No doubt Tom Gordon will be back in the senior team soon (always seemed to play well whenever I have seen him play so a bit surprised he is playing in the Development team tbh).

Make That 9!....Just collided with Shem according to the Box Hill twitter feed & is struggling to stay on the field!

Shem is playing & has 3 goals to his name before half time, Tom Gordon has 5 to his name.

Half Time in Development Game & its Box Hill 12.10.82 to Casey 3.3.21,

Apparently Shem roosted one from outside 50 & another was a result of a 'Don't argue' fend off!

Thanks P35, that's great to hear! One thing guys like Shem and Kurt needs is confidence to take on the game. Learning the skills doesn't mean much if you can't mentally switch yourself into the match. Now that Shem's doing fend offs and roosting long bombs for goal, I think it's a sign he's ready for bigger and better things. Pls keep the updates coming! :):thumbsu:

Full Time in the Development game: Box Hill 22.16.148 defeated Casey 7.4.46 by 102 points....

Goals: Gordon 9, Tatupu 4, McEvoy 2, Cassidy, Thompson, Franetic, O'Donnell, Wood, Northe, Exon

Best: Gordon, Wood, Tobin, Thompson, O'Donnell, Tatupu.

For some reason they have McEvoy with 4 goals & Tatupu with 2....It's either a typo or the Box Hill twitter feed got their facts wrong!

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back