Review Round 9, 2016: Box Hill Hawks v North Ballarat Roosters, 5 June 2016, 2.00pm @ BHCO

Remove this Banner Ad

The Hawks resume after the bye for the SANFL v VFL game (in which David Mirra and Max Warren played, representing Box Hill) with their first game at home in a month (great fixturing, AFL Victoria. :rolleyes: ). As a special additional bonus, this game also does not conflict with Hawthorn's home game.

In fact, it's the first of two straight home games for the Hawks before they're back on the road in round 11 with a trip to Kardinia Park and a game against the Cats.

The Hawks unfortunately couldn't get the chocolates in their last two games, going down to the Scorpions by seven points under the lights at Casey Fields in round 7, having lost their round 6 game to the Werribee Tigers by two points.

The two consecutive losses has seen Box Hill slip to third on the ladder, a win behind Williamstown and two wins behind Casey, although the Hawks have a game in hand on both clubs. However, the Hawks can't afford to slip up for a third straight round against the Roosters, with the Hawks in third on percentage only ahead of Sandringham, Essendon, Footscray, Port Melbourne, Werribee and Collingwood (in ninth). This early in the season, the Hawks could find themselves clinging on to a finals spot with a loss.

The Roosters, on the other hand, have not yet kick-started their season, with just one win from their first six games (which came in the first round with a six point win over fellow cellar-dweller Coburg). The Roosters, in fact, have been on the receiving end of some fearsome whippings so the Hawks will be liking their chances of bouncing back.

The development squad follows up a bye for the SANFL v VFL game with (yep, you guessed it) another bye. They resume on the Queen's Birthday long weekend with a home game against the Northern Blues.

As far as I'm aware, there's no TV coverage (certainly none on Channel 7). 3WBC will cover the game live on 94.1FM and via their website at www.3wbc.org.au. The Box Hill Hawks will also provide regular updates through twitter at www.twitter.com/boxhillhawks and I'm sure, given it's a Box Hill home game, there will be regular posts throughout the day from those in attendance.

Team to follow tonight.

So does Luke Surman miss another week of important match time or does he get pushed up into the senior side at the expense of someone more worthy?

Box Hill do of course need to replace Spangher, assuming Brand is named for Hawthorn.

This is from the record at http://www.foxsportspulse.com/assoc_page.cgi?c=1-118-0-0-0&sID=60274 but I thought those who can't attend games might like to see the Box Hill playing list or those watching on the TV (not this round) or listening through 3WBC 94.1FM.

image.png

Note the above is not the record for this week, teams should be out shortly though.

Shoe and Fitz not being named for BH
KB, Webby and Lachie all added in fr last time.
Shoe being out after a week off not good news and Fitz has now missed 3 weeks with a concussion

Lovell only on the bench? Suppose its not a huge deal as long as he plays

Whats wrong with schoenmakers i didnt see him on the injury list this week, still just not right from that geelong injury?

The VFL is such a shitful competition.

I quite enjoy watching football at any level and the VFL is a pretty good competition. You can watch the up and coming kids and follow their progress. Come finals time the standard picks up a level.

I prefer to watch the VFL rather than reality TV any day of the week.

I quite enjoy watching football at any level and the VFL is a pretty good competition. You can watch the up and coming kids and follow their progress. Come finals time the standard picks up a level.

But have you seen back in time for the weekend?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I quite enjoy watching football at any level and the VFL is a pretty good competition. You can watch the up and coming kids and follow their progress. Come finals time the standard picks up a level....

Might have been taken out of context. Having too many byes and a few non-competitive teams makes it shitful. Having our seconds playing on a Sunday when our next game is Friday night is proof of the lack of care and thought for the vfl.

Would not be too hard to make the vfl relevant.

Might have been taken out of context. Having too many byes and a few non-competitive teams makes it shitful. Having our seconds playing on a Sunday when our next game is Friday night is proof of the lack of care and thought for the vfl.

Would not be too hard to make the vfl relevant.
AFL treats VFL like s**t so why would the VFL fixture to help the AFL.
It's just the way it is and Hawks get more benefit out of it than not but we do seem to have copped a very bad set of fixture clashes

AFL treats VFL like s**t so why would the VFL fixture to help the AFL.
It's just the way it is and Hawks get more benefit out of it than not but we do seem to have copped a very bad set of fixture clashes

I think the AFL does have some input in in the VFL fixture, they keep setting up double headers for teams like Richmond and Essendon for example (i.e. game at Punt Road Oval before a game at the G).

Anyway, I am trying to summon up a desire to head to the ground... kind of cold and wet out there :$

Obviously never seen the bachelorette US
0fe79c7a3e5904d47704a357b9766e25.jpg

Remove this Banner Ad

Back