Saturday
Collingwood v Geelong @ MCG
Gold Coast v Adelaide @ Metricon Stadium
Port Adelaide v West Coast Eagles @ Adelaide Oval
North Melbourne v Carlton @ Etihad Stadium
Fremantle v Richmond @ Subiaco Oval

Sunday:
Melbourne v Brisbane Lions @ MCG
GWS Giants v Western Bulldogs @ Spotless Stadium (Sydney Showgrounds)
St Kilda v Essendon @ Etihad Stadium

THUMBNAILS
Jumper tipping site

Seems a fairly straight forward week jumper tipping wise, only intriguing decision is the Dogs guernsey. Home jumper clearly a fine contrast but both sides have worn clash before in this match up and wore the new white jumper in the NAB Challenge match earlier in the year.

FHzMMde.png
Sydney_Home_zps23908bab.png

Collingwood_Home_zps72538a68.png
Geelong_Away_zps1d4ae373.png

Gold_Home_zps79d31608.png
Adelaide_Special4_zps37543f31.png

Port_Home_zpsffa20395.png
WestCoast_CLash_zps758e4a33.png

H7L9nqX.png
Carlton_Special5_zpsfd1c4a9b.png

Fremantle_Home_zps6a54f9d0.png
Richmond%20Clash.png

Melbourne_Home_zpscfb9005f.png
okySnrS.png

GWS_Home_zps5b618f1a.png
VJOB8Gb.png

StKilda_Home_zps307cc8f6.png
wTwLNHY.png

Thoughts? I think good matchup for Lions to wear the yolk. Richmond obvious choice. Essendon is hard one but I think the Red clash must prevail. Roos in white shorts against Carlton makes sense. Dogs should go "Be more Bulldog", but may go home blue with white shorts. All the rest seem pretty obvious?

West Coast in full royal would be ideal. There is a more solid block of black in Port's kit than there is white in Geelong's. Port full home and West Coast full away would ideal but will most likely be royal with white shorts.

If it was a Geelong home game I'd like to see us in navy away v pies white. Just for something different.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

FHzMMde.png
Sydney_Home_zps23908bab.png

Collingwood_Home_zps72538a68.png
Geelong_Away_zps1d4ae373.png

Adelaide_Special4_zps37543f31.png

Port_Home_zpsffa20395.png
WestCoast_CLash_zps758e4a33.png

H7L9nqX.png
Carlton_Special5_zpsfd1c4a9b.png

Fremantle_Home_zps6a54f9d0.png
Richmond%20Clash.png

Melbourne_Home_zpscfb9005f.png
okySnrS.png

GWS_Home_zps5b618f1a.png
VJOB8Gb.png

StKilda_Home_zps307cc8f6.png
wTwLNHY.png

Thoughts? I think good matchup for Lions to wear the yolk. Richmond obvious choice. Essendon is hard one but I think the Red clash must prevail. Roos in white shorts against Carlton makes sense. Dogs should go "Be more Bulldog", but may go home blue with white shorts. All the rest seem pretty obvious?

Adelaide should just wear their home kit
West Coast should use the Yellow Peril, but the Full Royal should be fine, Bulldogs wore Royal vs Melbourne and Melbourne are lighter than Port's black.
Wish Richmond had Yellow shorts.
Lions in Red would be better, again wish they paired it with red shorts.
Bullodogs should be fine in Royal but i suppose they need to wear the cartoon jumper sometime.
Essendon would be better in red shorts.

Adelaide_Home_zpsd2168af3.png
213023_ee3443bc09a2cd44095a08cfaed5862f.png

For comparative purposes.

The full navy works in my opinion, but if the AFL isn't happy with it, I'd love to the yellow with navy shorts.
Given it's the red and yellow hoops that "cause" the clash, and Hawthorn's gold "clashes" as well, I very much doubt we'll see the yellow.

Wish Essendon would just wear red shorts with the "heritage" kit although it'd be the only thing heritage about it if they did.
This is getting as old as the lines about Collingwood's "real" jumper. Collingwood chose to change their jumper. It's not like they started painting the black and white stripes on their bodies and called them jumpers, or switched to pink and purple polka-dots and insisted that their jumper never changed. They switched from white with black, to black with white, and say they've always worn black and white stripes. And they're right.
Essendon recognise their heritage with a bunch of names and the signature of a past great on the jumper they have to wear when the black is considered to clash and they call it a heritage jumper instead of a clash jumper. Why the hell not. They didn't want to wear anything other than the black so they've made their cloud have a silver lining (well now it's a red lining but whatever).

The worst looking Brisbane Lions throw/fauxback ever. A genuine piece of s**t. It just looked so pale and washed out, and weak – which is not how the Fitzroy once looked.
Not to mention the Gold/yellow bar between the blue and red.

Given it's the red and yellow hoops that "cause" the clash, and Hawthorn's gold "clashes" as well, I very much doubt we'll see the yellow.
Crows have always worn white guernsey away to Gold Coast so i would so that would continue

Two men holding up one pair of little shorts is just queer no matter what way you spin it...

Nice sponsor though – the navy will blend in as a club colour, and their logo looks enough like a sun. Even the Solar name is a good fit. As much as they struggle in the awful colours, banal and wasteful design, and naff logo departments, the Suns have the best sponsor suite around. Fiat is cool on its own merits, but Host Plus looks good on sports strips and blends in well (especially this year).

Remove this Banner Ad

Back