OUT: Rioli (injured), Gibson (omitted)

B: Stratton, Frawley, Hardwick

HB: Burton, Brand, Burgoyne

C: Henderson, Mitchell, Smith

HF: Stewart, Gunston, O'Brien

F: Puopolo, Roughead, Breust

R: McEvoy, Hodge, Shiels

INT: Howe, Fitzpatrick, Langford, Hartung

Fitzpatrick and O'Brien can't play in the same team, Vickery has another good performance at Box Hill he should be reward with a game. O'brien still goes missing in large chunks of games and that second ruck role fits him quite perfectly when he starts to drift out of games.

Last edited:
Stratton will most likely miss with an injury. A cautious approach (and a universal ban on Tassie games) should be taken on Rioli. Fitzmagic didn't make the most of his opportunity.

Ins: Brand, Sicily, Stewart
Outs: Stratton (injured), Rioli (cautious), Fitzpatrick (omitted)

B: Burton Frawley Gibson
HB: Hodge Brand Hardwick
C: Smith Mitchell Hartung
HF: Gunston O'Brien Sicily
F: Stewart Roughead Puopolo
Fol: McEvoy Bruest Burgoyne
Int: Sheils, Langford, Howe, Henderson

• Fitzy almost seemed like excess to our needs against Brisbane; did some nice things but fumbled, didn't hit the scoreboard or take contested marks. For me Sicily comes in hopefully with a rocket up his backside. Vickery is also an option pending a big day at Box Hill, but I feel like playing O'Brien as a makeshift ruckman gets him more involved in the game. Really like the dynamic he has with McEvoy.
  • Stewart for Rioli. Ideally I would've liked a contested ball winning midfielder here (because Mitchell is a one man band in this regard and Collingwood is strong in this area) but our options are limited with Lovell, O'Rourke and O'Meara all injured. James Cousins is an option here but in all likelihood won't be elevated. Stewart's relentless pressure will hopefully make up for lacking raw possession numbers, perhaps with a Bruest/Poppy playing more time in the midfield.
  • Brand for Stratton. Gives us back some height without actually losing out on much run. If Collingwood doesn't play Cox/White then Brand goes to Reid, Frawley runs with Moore and Gibbo (hopefully) patrols the area. This could potentially be the game where Ryan Burton finally gets a crack in the midfield? I hope so.

Fitz didn't exactly seize his opportunity.. has to go out on that effort.

Sicily may be back in next week, although you'd think that one of Rioli or Stratton might miss next week as well - damn shame.

Heatherly or Brand could come in if Stratton. No real replacement for Rioli.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'd like Dallas to come in and force Gunston back into the forward fifty.
Sicily to come back in and keep Howe accountable in the air, make him work hard for his spot.
KB in forever! Gibbo out when Stratts is back in.

So thats;
In- Willsmore, Sicily and Brand
Out- Rioli, Stratton and Fitzpatrick

Based upon Collingwood's performance our storage of kryptonite versus them may be about to run out.

Stratton out would really hurt us.
Yep - they've always been a team of half forward flankers (that's not rhyming slang by the way). They've got 4 or 5 guys that pop up with a bag a couple of times per season and missing the rest of the time. There is a risk that one of them will have a day out.

We offen play a 5 Fwd 7 Back.

Can we do that with:

Roughead, Gunston, Sicily, TOB, Vickery/Fitz?

I like TOB in the ruck/Fwd duties but out of those lot he is thr only one who shows talent also as a HBF.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back