Game Day Round 9, 2018: Hodgey's Lions v Hawthorn

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

I like the changes accept jager obviously.
I like the inclusion of Lewis.
but i think our best 22
will include 2 rucks in my eyes,
yes we need two rucks with our lack of tall timber.
We can play the mosquito fleet at mcevoy feet.
A strong halfback and fwd line filled Mostly with all australians.
A Very competitive team
Stratts Brand Hardwick
Birchall Sicily Burgoyne
Hendo Tom Smith
Bruest Roughy Gunston
Poppy Mcevoy Cyril
Ceglar Omerea Shiels

Bench impey,Lewis and two best young mids in form. worpell and jor would be nice.

Last edited:
Honestly if our forwards can’t expose most likely the worst back line in the comp, then we gotta forget about finals..

We just need a tall target. Ceglar the key to release mcevoy forward and ruck.

Bruest and gunston are back to there best. Cyril,poppy,impey,burgoyne will scare any defender if we make finals.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It took us a long time to fall in love with Ceglar, but glad to see that he's back playing footy and looking sharp. He'll get a go before too long - I see poor old Benny looking completely stuffed every week by 3/4 time.

Mitch Lewis is proper ruck size, he will bring enormous benefit to McEvoy if he can also play his forward role.

Also, I'd bet anything there's a late change for us, the Howe omission didn't really compute.

Has anyone analysed the Brisbane list? I've spent this morning going through heights and weights and team balance, I think Fages has it a bit out of whack. They have 5 players at 200cm+, they also have a 2 at 193cm+, that's 7 players from their 22 6ft4 or taller. What other club does this?

On the other hand we have 1 200cm player and 4 at 193cm or taller. As a collective they are almost 3cm taller and 4kg heavier as an average, but the differences are quite substantially for the taller guys.

We should be able hurt them on the outside, it'll be hard for their bigs to chase Izzy,Harry,Impey,Pop,Punky and Gunno all day who are not only quick but have elite tanks (save Impey). I think this is probably a key reason they struggle to stop teams later in games and during momentum shifts, much harder asking big big boys to cover space and hold a zone than it is 183-190cm guys.

First half close before we pull away by 5-7 goals.

We're playing in full sunshine in the hottest part of the day with high humidity.

We're also got a good handfull of youngsters in our line up.

We need big games out of bruest, gunston, smith and mitchell.

If the lions are up and about and get a wiff of blood they could run us of our feet.

Has anyone analysed the Brisbane list? I've spent this morning going through heights and weights and team balance, I think Fages has it a bit out of whack. They have 5 players at 200cm+, they also have a 2 at 193cm+, that's 7 players from their 22 6ft4 or taller. What other club does this?

On the other hand we have 1 200cm player and 4 at 193cm or taller. As a collective they are almost 3cm taller and 4kg heavier as an average, but the differences are quite substantially for the taller guys.

We should be able hurt them on the outside, it'll be hard for their bigs to chase Izzy,Harry,Impey,Pop,Punky and Gunno all day who are not only quick but have elite tanks (save Impey). I think this is probably a key reason they struggle to stop teams later in games and during momentum shifts, much harder asking big big boys to cover space and hold a zone than it is 183-190cm guys.

First half close before we pull away by 5-7 goals.

Adelaide play very tall, last year's GF they had Hartigan, Lever, Talia, Ottens, Jenkins, Walker, Jacobs and Lynch (admittedly only 192cm but still).

We're playing in full sunshine in the hottest part of the day with high humidity.

If the lions are up and about and get a wiff of blood they could run us of our feet.

LOL

Humidity is highest overnight this time of year.

It's a beautiful 24 degree day. Just play down the Northern wing for some shade and we'll be fine.

Days are pleasant, although you Victorians will probably melt. :p

LOL

Humidity is highest overnight this time of year.

It's a beautiful 24 degree day. Just play down the Northern wing for some shade and we'll be fine.

Days are pleasant, although you Victorians will probably melt. :p
It's bloody freezing. I'm coming all rugged up.

It's not humid here at the moment and by 3.30 most of the Gabba is in the shade

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back