VFL Round 9, 2018: Sandringham v North Melbourne - TBB Oval, Saturday 2nd June, 2:10PM AEST

Remove this Banner Ad

Lamb was very good today , seemed like he was everywhere. We should look at a rookie spot next year .
Coffield way to good for vfl.
Armo did enough .
Clav looked ok but disappeared.
Battle looked dangerous dispite s**t delivery all game .
Goddard looked comfortable deep defence but lazy efforts chasing was disappointing.

Lamb was very good today , seemed like he was everywhere. We should look at a rookie spot next year .
Armo did enough .
Goddard looked comfortable deep defence but lazy efforts chasing was disappointing.
Lamb 10 tackles last week as well, although it was pretty congested from what I saw. Seems to have something about him.

Lamb 10 tackles last week as well, although it was pretty congested from what I saw. Seems to have something about him.

Yes i thought that it seemed very closed in tight all game .
Lamby needs to tidy up his disposal but ready replacement for Gilbert i would be thinking .
Positives are he runs games out , good mark , smart , tough as nails .

Armo did enough .
From what I've heard, He isn't going to be on another afl list, let's just say he enjoys his Saturday nights a little more then others.

From what I've heard, He isn't going to be on another afl list, let's just say he enjoys his Saturday nights a little more then others.

Yeah Lamby has alot going on off fieild , not necessarily all playing up on school nights .
Very popular well respected bloke with his team mates . Hopefully pulls everything together and has a long career .

lamb was dreadful.none of his kicks spun right an didn't hit a target all game.

i did like coff boy oh boy! wow weee! something about him more so then davies uniacke that makes you go " yup elite"

goddard sets up well behind the ball.an can kick hope he sneaks a game for you guy's

lamb was dreadful.none of his kicks spun right an didn't hit a target all game.

i did like coff boy oh boy! wow weee! something about him more so then davies uniacke that makes you go " yup elite"

goddard sets up well behind the ball.an can kick hope he sneaks a game for you guy's
Sorry mate, just for dummies like me, by "sets up well", do you mean he positions himself well or he is a backline general, getting his teammates working like a team to play zones?

Armo did enough .
I agree on Lamb. Rookie him and see if he is a late maturer.

On [device_name] using BigFooty.com mobile app

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Saints considered him last year, but his attitude was way too far from AFL quality.

He does some good things then butchers the ball. Fyfe and Danger get away with it due to all the other things they do. Lamb doesn't do enough to make up for it. If he could get it 35 times i would take the punt

Did anyone not thinking number 6 for sandy had more upside than most saints listed players? Mclean i think his name was. I would take him with one of our late picks no questions asked

Can someone please explain why Coffield was playing in the VFL? If he needs to be "managed" (s**t term) why not wait for the bye in a fortnight? Bewildering player management.
Seems pretty clear that we were keen to get some midfield minutes into him and he was only going to get that at VFL level, which I'm very OK with if we're not going to play him there at AFL level.

Seems pretty clear that we were keen to get some midfield minutes into him and he was only going to get that at VFL level, which I'm very OK with if we're not going to play him there at AFL level.
Fair call, but I watched the game and he seemed to spend a fair bit of time playing off half back, or did I get it wrong? Happy to be corrected arr. the best place for a young gun to develop is in the seniors, and Coff is a gun.

Fair call, but I watched the game and he seemed to spend a fair bit of time playing off half back, or did I get it wrong? Happy to be corrected arr. the best place for a young gun to develop is in the seniors, and Coff is a gun.
Didn't see any of the game so was just going by what I think it was Richo said a day or two ago, that we want him to play midfield long term, and as such we need him to get some experience playing there, and that he would get that at VFL level.

Did say he would split his time between defence and midfield though, so hopefully he did get a good go in the mid and did some good work there.

Great to see that he got 31, but it was also great that White, Rice and D-Mac got to have a go at AFL level and did well, as we need to see what they bring to the table going forward. We know how good Coff is already.

Didn't see any of the game so was just going by what I think it was Richo said a day or two ago, that we want him to play midfield long term, and as such we need him to get some experience playing there, and that he would get that at VFL level.

Did say he would split his time between defence and midfield though, so hopefully he did get a good go in the mid and did some good work there.

Great to see that he got 31, but it was also great that White, Rice and D-Mac got to have a go at AFL level and did well, as we need to see what they bring to the table going forward. We know how good Coff is already.
Fair enough.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back