Review Round 9, 2019: Box Hill Hawks v Williamstown Seagulls, 1 June 2019, 2.00pm @ BHCO

Remove this Banner Ad

A very good win given the outs and Willy always competitive. Thanks for the reports. Meese not on the team list.
Box Hill Hawks
3.5-23 4.6-30 7.11-53 10.14-74
Williamstown
1.1-7 5.3-33 6.3-39 8.5-53

Box Hill Hawks
Goal Kickers: D. Moore 2, T. Miles 2, J. Ross 2, D. Howe, L. Walker, V. Adduci, T. Maloney
Best Players: L. Meadows, D. Mirra, H. Morrison, T. Maloney, T. Miles, J. Roughead

Williamstown
Goal Kickers: J. Thorpe 3, J. Charleston, J. Ottavi, L. Hunt, J. Greiser, M. Hibberd
Best Players: J. Greiser, J. Charleston, L. Hunt, N. Mellington, B. Myers, L. Masters

What were the good things that Reeves is showing? Is it ruckwork or around the ground stuff?

What is with Harry jones? Not a big accumulator but is it all hard contested stuff? He just can't seem to regularly get 20+....sometimes not even 15+

Wingard out, could Ross come in?

What were the good things that Reeves is showing? Is it ruckwork or around the ground stuff?

What is with Harry jones? Not a big accumulator but is it all hard contested stuff? He just can't seem to regularly get 20+....sometimes not even 15+

Wingard out, could Ross come in?

If you had seen him in the intraclub and how far he was off the level, to see him now at VFL he has improved significantly. Granted he wasn't up against much on the weekend, he looked comfortable out there. Directed the ball well at stoppages. Won a few possies around the ground. Took a strong contested mark and then two contests later launched himself at another ball and nearly took an even better one. Showed that he is growing in confidence and he looks to be developing some smarts. Did shank a long set shot at one stage but again had found possession. Max Bailey really encouraging him at the breaks to get physical.

Harry Jones plays a very contested game. He doesn't look like he has that sort of body but he is always in and around the contest. The good thing is he always seems to be able to drift forward once or twice a game and have a shot at goal. His set shot kicking needs work but it is a nice quality for a mid. I would think he is the next cab off the rank to get a game as he is the next best mid we have rather than banging the door down with form and numbers but an adequate role player.

i am keen to see Ross get a game. Like for like with Wingard would be Moore who I also want to see play more games. The smokie would be Hanrahan who has seen much more midfield time this season with some better patches in the last few weeks - which was needed.

If you had seen him in the intraclub and how far he was off the level, to see him now at VFL he has improved significantly. Granted he wasn't up against much on the weekend, he looked comfortable out there. Directed the ball well at stoppages. Won a few possies around the ground. Took a strong contested mark and then two contests later launched himself at another ball and nearly took an even better one. Showed that he is growing in confidence and he looks to be developing some smarts. Did shank a long set shot at one stage but again had found possession. Max Bailey really encouraging him at the breaks to get physical.

Harry Jones plays a very contested game. He doesn't look like he has that sort of body but he is always in and around the contest. The good thing is he always seems to be able to drift forward once or twice a game and have a shot at goal. His set shot kicking needs work but it is a nice quality for a mid. I would think he is the next cab off the rank to get a game as he is the next best mid we have rather than banging the door down with form and numbers but an adequate role player.

i am keen to see Ross get a game. Like for like with Wingard would be Moore who I also want to see play more games. The smokie would be Hanrahan who has seen much more midfield time this season with some better patches in the last few weeks - which was needed.
Hanrahan seems a long way off at the moment.

nZxuUOC.png

n7SS9iG.png

Hanrahan seems a long way off at the moment.
He found space twice in the 1st Q and took marks inside 50. Got strong praise from Max at 1Q time.

He is closer than he was 12 months ago as his numbers are higher and he is showing some signs as a mid.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back