Review Round 9, 2019 - Brisbane Lions vs. Adelaide

Who were your five best players against Adelaide?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Sausages

HIGH PRIEST IN THE TEMPLE OF GG/SNSD
Feb 27, 2007
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Luton Town
Well....I'll take it, but wow....we nearly threw another 4 points away with our goal kicking.

Hard to make an argument for Rayner to get another gig though.

ONWARDS AND UPWARDS THOUGH LIONS :D

Aug 4, 2012
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Should've and could've won by 5 or 6 goals. By far the better side. Bit wasteful and some dreadful umpiring in the first and last quarters made this game far closer than it needed to be.

That said, fantastic effort from the team, no changes for me next week unless injury (although 2 or 3 would be on the chopping block next time we lose)

Berry Picker

Senior List
Sep 6, 2018
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Lester was good today, matho and Lyons I thought both played well shows that they can work together. Probably time to get another goal kicking coach for hipwood he's becoming worse than casboult

Straight Talk

Rookie
Apr 7, 2015
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Phew. J-rad Berry will be relieved the 3rd and 2nd last goals to the crows didn't lose it for us. Great game. Thoroughly enjoyed it.

Apr 4, 2015
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Kudos to the chopping block McStay

Matho gave us some extra grunt with crucial smothers and holding up.

Rich is an AA.

Some chance of Hippy becoming the best tall forward in the comp.

Charlie converted on the day we needed him to.

Neale is a superstar

Zorko not far behind ,hope he didn't twang his hammy , looked a bit sore

FLVanLandingham

Norm Smith Medallist
Apr 3, 2017
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
neale just sublime! after a shakiy-ish start our rucks were giving him good service.
great pressure for nearly the entire match. No longer a whole quater where we're horrid, just patches.
hippy and mcstay... just excellent attack on the ball (if only hippy had got that goal after the awesome leap).
I estimated cameron would have 25 disposals 5 goals.. he ended up with 16d ,3goals 5.. once he found his mojo it was awesome
those sloppy sloppy mistakes will always come, and it was some of our youngest who had a few, but thats alright.
Hinge i thought had a good first game, like him!

jackess

Cancelled
30k Posts 10k Posts
Aug 10, 2005
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Harris Andrews had a huge game. We need to find someone to replace Walker to play on the number 1 key forward and allow Andrews to intercept and setup.

Probably the best game we've played under Fagan.

I think we're firming to make the top 8.

Neale huge again. Well supported by Clug, Lyons, Berry and Robbo who were all serviceable.

Breakout game for McStay. Hipwood and Cameron dangerous as always. Dissapointing from Rayner and McCarthy who at least provided some defensive pressure.

Backline didn't play that well apart from Andrews. Maybe missed Hodge a little.

Johnny Bananas

Premiership Player Hater
Sep 10, 2010
Next door
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Great play from the usual suspects. Midfield, Harris, Rich were all great, McStay stepping up today too. I really think we need to swing the axe with a couple of players, like Rayner and perhaps Witherden. This game shouldn't have been close, just like the Sydney game.

Sproj

Club Legend
Oct 18, 2017
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Vital win. I have the boys losing next week before back to back wins going into the bye.

Top 4 woot! Should be in 32 points going into the bye...top stuff!

Great play from the usual suspects. Midfield, Harris, Rich were all great, McStay stepping up today too. I really think we need to swing the axe with a couple of players, like Rayner and perhaps Witherden. This game shouldn't have been close, just like the Sydney game.

I thought Witherden was very good today. The defensive qualms I've had with him weren't an issue today. Impacted a lot of contests, went when he had to, and was still able to play that distributor role. Looked a lot better than he has last few weeks.
Rayner probably needs to go back to the reserves just to get his hands on the footy but with the win he might hold his spot.

Aug 4, 2012
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions

Can't agree with this. By far his best game this year (in a disappointing year to date), did the basics well including supporting his teammates by zoning off his man when appropriate.

McStay 3 goals could have had 4 easily. Get off his case people he’s coming along nicely. 14 for the year this far, that’s 1.5 a game or 33 for the year.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
I tipped him for a BREAKOUT GAME today and he played well. Very happy to have him in my votes. Rayner is the only out, making way for Keays. Rayner needs to play games in the reserves where he gets plenty of the ball. The other members of FAGAN’S FAB FOUR, rose to the occasion today. He did not. He has a cumulative total of 11 disposals for the last two games. We can’t afford passengers.

Back