Preview Round 9, 2019: Collingwood v St.Kilda - MCG, Saturday 18th May, 1:45PM AEST *Bruce 100th, Savage 150th, Young debut*

Who Wins?

• Magpies

Votes: 51 75.0%
  • Saints

Votes: 17 25.0%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Marsh to get the De Goey match up if he plays.
Battle to Miochek
Brown to Reid
Mckenzie to WHE
Savage to Stephenson
Wilkie to Thomas as interceptor role.

DMac to Stephenson? Or Paton and try and get him to run off to be more accountable?

Dmac won’t be able to quell Stephenson, but can easily make Thomas invisible. Play Paton off Jayden and hope he can make him accountable on the rebound.

Battle gets more ball than Wilkie hence why I’d prefer Wilkie on Mihocek, let Josh roam free and collect intercepts at will.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Pretty underwhelming ins for us, especially when you compare them to Collingwood's ins.

They are bringing in two highly experienced premiership players while we are bringing in a debutant and a journeyman that has played less than 20 games.

Well we don’t have any premiership players to bring in...

Why is DMac suddenly so ****? Seriously the guy would be the first defender on the team sheet at the moment, followed by Wilkie.
He is not suddenly crap, he has always been crap.. looks like a headless chook out there most of the time.. he lacks composure, is poor with the ball in hand and often loses in one on one marking contests even though he is quick and can jump.. these aren’t good traits for a backman. Paton a second year player is already a much better player than Mckenzie, who’s been with us for 5 years..

In short, Mckenzie is an athelete.. he is hard at it.. We have defenders in the 2nds who deserves to be played ahead of him in White, Hind.. we’ve had problem getting the ball out of the backline.. those two will help.

Why is DMac suddenly so ****? Seriously the guy would be the first defender on the team sheet at the moment, followed by Wilkie.
Second behind Wilkie, Battle, JWeb and Sav.you mean?
The guy has heart but consistently turns the ball over in bad areas, couldnt hit the side of a barn and is one bad game away from having a spell at Sandy.
Would put money on his spot being up for discussion at match committee this week.

Ins: Young
Outs: Long

FB: B. Paton/N. Brown/S. Savage
HB: C. Wilkie/J. Battle/D. McKenzie
C: J. Newes/J. Steele/J. Billings
HF: M. Parker/J. Bruce/ D. Kent
FF: R. Young/T. Membery/ J. Gresham
Fol: S. Ross/B. Acres/R. Marshall
Bch: B. White/ J. Webster/ L. Dustan/ J. Sinclair
Emer: N. Hind / B. Long/H. Clark/ J. Marsh

Young taken the place of Long who hasn’t been good enough.

Steele to Beams/ Treloar, (if Beams injured)

Sinclair to Sidebottom, (when on wing)/ Pendlebury,(when roving)

Sinclair to rove and give Acres a run on the wing at stages.
Yeah good luck with that Sincs , your in for on hell of an arvo

If he is the first guy selected think of this , So west coast first selected is McGov and the tigers Rance , yeah i can see the similarities
This is why we will be an average team for a while until we stop over rating our players, sure Dmac has some good traits but he is just a good average player like a lot of our lads

Their ins... Beams and Varcoe.

Our ins... Young and Marsh... with Webster out.

Yikes.

I’ll add my voice to those wondering why Brandon White can’t get a game. Mystifying IMO.
This was the perfect chance for white to play websters role only better and put Marsh at full back , IMO we didnt need Brown

i cant remember Ben Long being dominate in many VFL games since being at the Saints.
Yeah , im fan of Ben but to date he has been given free ride which not many others have been afforded , time for him to get some form at Sandy and im not talking 10-15 possessions

Who said he was sub par? He's the obvious replacement for long and he had a goal, tackles and decent possession count last weekend. A few don't like him but he kicked a bag in the VFL practice matches and seems to be more like for like than Rice.
I think those VFL reports have a fair bit of mayo on then at times , and getting 10-15 possessions at VFL level is not setting the world on fire , i wish him well though but he will need to lift

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hard to show much as a small forward in the VFL. His pressure game is very good, I think that got him a go.
How is it hard at VFL level Gringo , im guessing its going to be even harder at AFL level , i dont get your logic

The big issue going into time game is their midfield. Treloar, Beams, Pendlebury, Sidebottom, Grundy, Phillips... it's oozing talent. We are missing arguably our best two mids and it's already an area of weakness. Would take a monumental effort to get anywhere near them this week.

If we win, it will be one for the true believers.

Hard to show much as a small forward in the VFL. His pressure game is very good, I think that got him a go.
How is it hard at VFL level Gringo , im guessing its going to be even harder at AFL level , i dont get your logic
To be fair, Young was probably transfixed on Winx just like the rest of us
2we9j4x.jpg

I think those VFL reports have a fair bit of mayo on then at times , and getting 10-15 possessions at VFL level is not setting the world on fire , i wish him well though but he will need to lift

With Lonie out and Long underperforming Young was the logical choice.

He’s there for forward pressure not possessions, and with our inability to hit a target up forward it’s crucial we have blokes that can make defenders sweat.

Throwing blokes like Paton forward when he’s performing in defence/across the wings isn’t the answer.

Imo what’s more important to us is getting Billings and Gresham performing like they were in the first month. Those two are more crucial than who’s the 21st and 22nd player picked.

He obviously needs to put in a big effort, playing as a small forward at VFL levels a hard gig. He's like for like replacement and the other small forwards had no form before getting a call up either. Give him a go, he might surprise a few. I thought his pressure game at the intra club was as good or better the the Predator. If he pressures every kick he's earned his spot.

Hind is ahead of him not sure why Marsh got in over both of them.

Hind looks a million bucks but in the 4th quarter of every game he's played he falls off a cliff. I think he needs a fitness base and probably needs Savage to go down to get a foot in.

With Lonie out and Long underperforming Young was the logical choice.

He’s there for forward pressure not possessions, and with our inability to hit a target up forward it’s crucial we have blokes that can make defenders sweat.

Throwing blokes like Paton forward when he’s performing in defence/across the wings isn’t the answer.

Imo what’s more important to us is getting Billings and Gresham performing like they were in the first month. Those two are more crucial than who’s the 21st and 22nd player picked.
I agree we need some forward pressure , not sure why you mentioned Paton as a forward , i didnt

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back