Preview Round 9, 2019: Collingwood v St.Kilda - MCG, Saturday 18th May, 1:45PM AEST *Bruce 100th, Savage 150th, Young debut*

Who Wins?

• Magpies

Votes: 51 75.0%
  • Saints

Votes: 17 25.0%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ps , i shouldnt be making this all about Sincs as he is just an example of a few players like him we have in our current side , what your seeing from him is about as good as he is going to be , in fact he has gone backwards ever so slightly since 2107 so dont expect him to improve in years to come , would you look at him and say yes he could be a premiership player ? Me , id say no , maybe others will think differently .
While he hasn't been getting the ball as much as he did in 2017, he has been moved off the wing to accomodate more time for Billings and Newnes and asked to play as a half-forward which is a position that won't get as prolific numbers as a midfielder. He is still having influence over games and been important in us actually scoring despite getting lower possession numbers.

And yes, I think he could be a premiership player because premiership players aren't always those who are the best players in the league but those who contribute to a good system and are able to make the most of their opportunities when presented to them. Sinclair does that. He will never be the best player in the team or get 30+ disposals every week but he is such a creative player who can do the small things which can turn a non-opportunity into a shot at goal. He is a fantastic kick and best one of the best football minds at the club. He is one of our few players who can greatly influence a game with low possession numbers.

I'm bias because I'm a big fan of him, but I think we are a better side when he is in the team playing well, which he has been doing.

So we just keep doing the same thing over and over with the same blokes and expect to get better , i hope the club has a bit of vision to see who is going to take us to the promised land and IMO there are a few in this team that wont , we have got too many that may sneak a mid week win but they are never going to win a group 1 , if you had owned horses you would understand you just cant keep them all , some you need to move on no matter how much you love them , unfortunately that's life
Of course we aren't going to improve as a side if we don't try and tinker with the things which aren't working for us. But right now, Sinclair in his position and role are working for us and helping our forward line.

We aren't going to improve as a side if we go away from what we are doing well or omit players who are doing whats required of them. Integrity of selection and having a stable side is also important to helping the club move forward. Omitting a player who is performing isn't going to improve us as a side.

He could be as adaptable as Mahogany was , any horse that can win Two Derbys and two lighting stakes is a freak
The Doc and i bred a ripping general nediym colt , as a two the bastard was that good the trainer trialed him against 3 yos so we could try and hide him away from prying eyes , just our luck when he was ready to race breaks down , could have been the next big thing

Obviously you haven't been paying attention. Dmac and Paton will go forward with Longy and Parker given a rest.
Marshall was quiet so he'll be dropped and Bruce will ruck full time with Battle taking his spot at FF.
As you say our defenders are performing, so if they all go forward we'll kick more goals and be a better chance to win.
You know it makes sense....

Leave Battle back and keep Marshall. Parker plays. Leave DMAC and Paton back.

To all the selectors on here who comes out & why to accommodate for Hind,White & Marsh our backline has been our positive for the year.

Sounds like Jimmy’s having trouble with his hand. Give him a rest... first time in a while we have depth knocking the door down. Would like to see White in. Or Marsh. Or Hind even.

No need to play players hindered by injuries. We have to trust some of those who are performing consistently on the vfl.

Congrats Robbie.

I'm slightly surprised because he hasn't exactly looked above the level at Sandy but hopefully he takes his opportunity and performs well.

Sorry, out of the loop here... has he been selected this week? Who’s omitted?

Congrats Robbie.

I'm slightly surprised because he hasn't exactly looked above the level at Sandy but hopefully he takes his opportunity and performs well.

Hard to show much as a small forward in the VFL. His pressure game is very good, I think that got him a go.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hopefully he will get more than 3 possessions

Round 3
9 disposals 5 tackles
Round 4
Bye
Round 5
9 disposals 4 tackles
Round 6
12 disposals 5 tackles 1 goal

He ain't setting the world on fire but I'm guessing his pressure rating is through the roof. Lonie has left a hole bigger than most on here would've predicted and Long and Keg on Legs just ain't cutting it.

Long out? Or does the Keg on Legs get a rest?
Hey Keg on legs you been hitting the Gym for a comeback??
h7C64897C

Congrats from a Port fan to Robbie Young on his debut. He spent a few years playing for our reserves in the SANFL and for the most part looked like a better footballer than the AFL listed small forwards we had out there. Hope he does well.

So he gets replaced with someone who's form in the VFL is under par.
Why would you bother trying then ?
Couldn't be much worse than Long's last two weeks, might as well see what he's got I guess is what they're thinking. From memory Long wasn't getting BOGs in the VFL last year either but when he came into the senior side he stepped up.

Don't mind Young getting a gig.

What i do find interesting is that ever since Lonie got injured, we didn't replace him like for like as Kent, Parker and Long were already in the side.

Long has been terrible last few weeks, but i would give him 1 more chance with the same set up that worked for the first 3 or so rounds and if he doesn't perform then it's a minimum of 4 games in the VFL.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back