Preview Round 9, 2019: Collingwood v St.Kilda - MCG, Saturday 18th May, 1:45PM AEST *Bruce 100th, Savage 150th, Young debut*

Who Wins?

• Magpies

Votes: 51 75.0%
  • Saints

Votes: 17 25.0%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

LiterallyNobody

Cancelled due to poster being a Campaigner
30k Posts 10k Posts Cake Connoisseur SFA Daffodil Day Fund Raiser Harry Potter Fan Song Contest Winner - 5+ Rounds Shiny Penny
Jul 26, 2006
AFL Club
St Kilda
good changes I think - disappointed Webster is out but good to see Marsh given another go.

LiterallyNobody

Cancelled due to poster being a Campaigner
30k Posts 10k Posts Cake Connoisseur SFA Daffodil Day Fund Raiser Harry Potter Fan Song Contest Winner - 5+ Rounds Shiny Penny
Jul 26, 2006
AFL Club
St Kilda
The stitch up on white continues. He needs to change clubs.
I don't understand why they are not giving him a run unless they're saving him for a more winnable game but even still doesn't make sense - we should've used this three week stretch that will net us exactly 0 points to start playing some new kids

lewdogs

Cancelled
Saints Pledge Contributor
Jun 4, 2008
Vic
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
Arsenal, Portland Trailblazers
Does it make us too tall down back?
Jimmy known for his run off half back and being a long booming kick, while Marsh is more a key defender.
Maybe it will release Battle? He is an elite runner and great kick.
Marsh looks quite quick and has good rebound I think.

Jun 17, 2018
AFL Club
St Kilda
Glad to see Young get a run, Long has been disappointing, and needs a few games with Sandy to get his head right. Happy with Marsh being back in the team, shouldn't have been dropped in the first place. Pity White and Hind didn't get a game over the last few weeks...opportunity lost. We'll be playing a standard team after this block of games for the foreseeable future, with potentially winnable games coming up over the next month, so I can't see these guys getting much luck with the selection committee barring injury. Anyway, it'll be a miracle if we win...but for shits and giggles...go saints.

Fiftyfifty

Debutant
Apr 4, 2019
AFL Club
St Kilda
Glad to see Young get a run, Long has been disappointing, and needs a few games with Sandy to get his head right. Happy with Marsh being back in the team, shouldn't have been dropped in the first place. Pity White and Hind didn't get a game over the last few weeks...opportunity lost. We'll be playing a standard team after this block of games for the foreseeable future, with potentially winnable games coming up over the next month, so I can't see these guys getting much luck with the selection committee barring injury. Anyway, it'll be a miracle if we win...but for shits and giggles...go saints.
Why draft them as mature aged if you don't give them the chance to play ?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Jun 17, 2018
AFL Club
St Kilda
Why draft them as mature aged if you don't give them the chance to play ?

Exactly man, the last few weeks has been a prime time to let these guys get a run against really good opposition, it would have been really good for them...and they would have played their hearts out for the experience of it, and to just be in the team. No one would've been expecting miracles from any of them. It's just my opinion on the matter, but I think playing injured players like Bruce and Webster, instead of giving blokes (who have been playing well in the two's) a run at it, is pretty negligent on all sides.

Their ins... Beams and Varcoe.

Our ins... Young and Marsh... with Webster out.

Yikes.

I’ll add my voice to those wondering why Brandon White can’t get a game. Mystifying IMO.

Last edited:

Fiftyfifty

Debutant
Apr 4, 2019
AFL Club
St Kilda
Exactly man, the last few weeks has been a prime time to let these guys get a run against really good opposition, it would have been really good for them...and they would have played their hearts out for the experience of it, and to just be in the team. No one would've been expecting miracles from any of them. It's just my opinion on the matter, but I think playing injured players like Bruce and Webster, instead of giving blokes (who have been playing well in the two's) a run at it, is pretty negligent on all sides.
With others coming back from injury their chance of playing gets less each week. Seems ridiculous to put them through this if they are only going to be looked over no matter how good they are playing.

Saintbloke

Norm Smith Medallist
Apr 26, 2015
AFL Club
St Kilda
Best way to hold your place in team is to play good top level footy consistently, then the pressure is on for places, and then those at Sandy also need to play top footy and keep putting their hands up. We can talk about recruiting mature players for depth, but if the senior team keeps losing, then some of the seniors may be out of their depth, so any recruits should be given a chance at the top level.

Tommy Wigs

Norm Smith Medallist
Oct 10, 2012
AFL Club
St Kilda
Does it make us too tall down back?
Jimmy known for his run off half back and being a long booming kick, while Marsh is more a key defender.
Maybe it will release Battle? He is an elite runner and great kick.
Wondered all week who would be suitable for De Goey. Marsh had come to mind. Strength and pace. Probably raises the question on who Wilkie will take.

Sep 27, 2008
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
Chelsea, Black Caps, Subiaco
Their ins... Beams and Varcoe.

Our in... Young and Marsh... with Webster out.

Yikes.

I’ll add my voice to those wondering why Brandon White can’t get a game. Mystifying IMO.

Pretty underwhelming ins for us, especially when you compare them to Collingwood's ins.

They are bringing in two highly experienced premiership players while we are bringing in a debutant and a journeyman that has played less than 20 games.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back