Preview Round 9, 2019: Collingwood v St.Kilda - MCG, Saturday 18th May, 1:45PM AEST *Bruce 100th, Savage 150th, Young debut*

Who Wins?

• Magpies

Votes: 51 75.0%
  • Saints

Votes: 17 25.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 8, 2018
AFL Club
St Kilda
How much depth do you need ? If you never get your chance only deflates players and is a waste for them and the team.

Understand where you're coming from - I've been keen to see Hind given a go since I saw the replay of him bursting through the middle in the closing minutes of the VFL semi final last year.

But the reality is that most of the time, as much as we don't like to admit it, the coaches probably know better than us.

We don't have access to the data that they have, and we aren't privy to the strategies that they are aiming to employ on a particular week.

Tommy Wigs

Norm Smith Medallist
Oct 10, 2012
AFL Club
St Kilda
Pretty underwhelming ins for us, especially when you compare them to Collingwood's ins.

They are bringing in two highly experienced premiership players while we are bringing in a debutant and a journeyman that has played less than 20 games.
I think our premiership players are emergencies only

AirWinmar

Premiership Player
Jun 18, 2018
AFL Club
St Kilda
Why draft them as mature aged if you don't give them the chance to play ?
Hopefully all your drafted players are AFL standard and get a chance if there is an opportunity and theyve shown consistent good form in the 2s. Even Brandon White.. i reckon Marsh probably got the go because he has more height but also more speed than White and looks like he had a ripper of a game last week. White and Hind have been really consistent over the last few weeks and 21 kicks from White to go with 11 marks is outstanding especially because of the way he can use the pill

The Pies have a few underdone players & will take us lightly. Their mids won’t have their usual hunger & will play bruise-free footy. Based on that, Pies by only 12-15 goals.
But Acres makes us a 15 goal better side so I'm predicting a 3 goal win.

Tommy Wigs

Norm Smith Medallist
Oct 10, 2012
AFL Club
St Kilda
Why is DMac suddenly so ****? Seriously the guy would be the first defender on the team sheet at the moment, followed by Wilkie.
Pre determined judgement. It’s unbelievable on here. Why do we have to hate anyone anyway?!! Can’t we at least just advocate for someone to come in without having to disparage guys that are actually playing for, you know, our footy team?

Sep 15, 2006
Wodonga
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
Leeds United
Why is DMac suddenly so ****? Seriously the guy would be the first defender on the team sheet at the moment, followed by Wilkie.
Screenshot_20190516-220058_Samsung Internet.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back