Status
Not open for further replies.

jackess

Cancelled
30k Posts 10k Posts
Aug 10, 2005
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
I don't think Stef was too bad except for his disposal blunders. Stef is our best bet in the ruck by a long way imo. A lot of his contested work is missed by most of the punters.

Not me. He’s our second best clearance winner.

davemc_lions

Premiership Player
Aug 21, 2013
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
I did not think Stef was bad although his disposal for someone who played over 150 games sometimes is not the best.
We won the hit outs although not the clearances. Zorko 7 second Stef with 6 . Neale/Lyons 5. Dunkley got 11 by himself.

BangyBangy

BangyBangyMightyLoins
Oct 16, 2013
Melbourne
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
I've seen a few Crows games this year & have seen absolutely nothing that makes me fear them. Not saying they can't beat us at the GABBA but they will have to play their best game of the year thus far to do so, and by a fair margin. Port with even half of their current injuries would've teared them a new one last weekend. I reckon they've had one respectable game this season, the win against the Saints away from home. That's their best game this year. Beating an injury depleted Saints outfit away from home.

Lions by 40.

Unless its wet.

Then Lions by 39.

I did not think Stef was bad although his disposal for someone who played over 150 games sometimes is not the best.
We won the hit outs although not the clearances. Zorko 7 second Stef with 6 . Neale/Lyons 5. Dunkley got 11 by himself.

Not sure there is much value in having a hit out stat, it always gets mentioned when the commentators bring up stats. Would be interesting to see if there is any correlation in winning the hit outs and winning the game.

Pacman82

Premiership Player
Oct 24, 2011
Earth
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
SMFC | Celtics
Not sure there is much value in having a hit out stat, it always gets mentioned when the commentators bring up stats. Would be interesting to see if there is any correlation in winning the hit outs and winning the game.
The stat ur after is called hit-outs to advantage

Milux

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 29, 2013
Brisbane
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
I’ll stick my neck out; if we win this then we’ll play finals, lose and we won’t.
I agree. But still feel if we lose not all is lost. Maybe in the manor in which we lose. Lots to get excited about.

This will be the first game I will miss at the Gabba in a while!
Daughter has an aerobics competition on on Saturday, so I better not miss that one.
I think we are in with a massive shot this weekend especially at the Gabba, we generally play the type of footy that we want to play at the Gabba and I reckon that will be good enough to win.

Sep 16, 2001
Behind the goals at the BSO
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Fitzroy, North
Wouldn’t mind Archie getting a run this week. On paper, it looks like a matchup against O’brien That Stef should dominate but he hasn’t been doing that this year and was very poor last week. Bring in Archie against a similarly inexperienced opponent and see what he can do.

I was at the game I Ballarat and I don't agree he was poor. One poor disposal but he dominated the centre square (as usual) getting quite a few clearances. He also has a physical presence on the field that the Big O does not have.

I have seen live the Melbourne games and the Gold Coast and Stef has been in our better payers in these games. He has only been beaten by Grundy so far.

Oscar need to do more but he isn't a forward so I cannot see his value playing in a forward pocket.

Archie has to play a blinder or two before he demands a spot.

We are not far off being a finals team. Another dangerous forward would be a help and our resting rucks aren't helping.

Dec 1, 2013
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
I was at the game I Ballarat and I don't agree he was poor. One poor disposal but he dominated the centre square (as usual) getting quite a few clearances. He also has a physical presence on the field that the Big O does not have.

I have seen live the Melbourne games and the Gold Coast and Stef has been in our better payers in these games. He has only been beaten by Grundy so far.

Oscar need to do more but he isn't a forward so I cannot see his value playing in a forward pocket.

Archie has to play a blinder or two before he demands a spot.

We are not far off being a finals team. Another dangerous forward would be a help and our resting rucks aren't helping.
I dont agree, l was only watching on tv but just from a "feel" perspective Trengove had a lot more influence than Martin and Big O combined. Martin had a diposal efficiency in the low 50's so every 2nd disposal he had he was giving it over. Martin had more HO's but you would expect that from a full time ruckman vs a part time one. They both had 2 centre clearances btw.

lionsrules

Club Legend
Aug 14, 2006
brisbane
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
liverpool
Reading about Douglas and Seedsman potentially being rushed back in I don't know what I prefer? Slightly match fit underdone players? Or not?

If Crouch doesnt pull up with his current form would make it easier for our midfield in containing theres.

Billy Puller

Club Legend
Sep 5, 2013
Melbourne
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Boston Celtics
I wish the old leemas was back which was the old billy that was the old doobies then back to leemas and now billy. I don’t know who I am anymore

Apr 4, 2015
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Jeez, that’d upset the apple cart!
Yeah ,no hope of Lyons getting dropped .He played well enough last week. Nor Lester I think .They love him .

I also doubt they'll drop Cam and certainly not Charlie .Which just leaves us with Mcinerny . I also think though Answerth has done ok he could be vulnerable for this match

Apr 4, 2015
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Sooner or later the guys they've stuck with who haven't been performing near their best must come under pressure if we lose games.

This is a big match for Cam ,Charlie ,maybe Lyons,Answerth and Oscar if they play , and whoever they bring in to replace Bailey. Witherden they seem wedded to in his position but he needs to show a bit more as well . I've been a bit of a McStay knocker but he's shown something the last couple of weeks and someone of his size and mobility surely will keep improving.

May 20, 2015
Maleny, Queensland
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
I don't see 4 or 5 changes in the one week. I think Sir Fagan has shown to maintain the game plan and structures he makes changes only when needed or minimal on form. Baily has to be replaced and Walker has to come back in. that's 1 for 1. Then I think he might address form of 1 maybe 2. Crows have been getting their drive from Half Back so a small defines forwards might be brought in to help Charlie and McCarthy out that means Cam or Big O have the rest. Agree with other i think we might see a debut this week.

If Crouch is out tag the other one.
Stef needs a big game
Eric try putting your right boot on your left
Rayner, Charlie need to lift.
**** I love the Suitcase!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back