Status
Not open for further replies.

jackess

Cancelled
30k Posts 10k Posts
Aug 10, 2005
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Handy. Probably evens up the midfield battle.

jackess

Cancelled
30k Posts 10k Posts
Aug 10, 2005
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Out: Bailey, Cutler, Lester
In: Walker, Hinge, Mathieson

Seems like Cutler is still not doing what the coaches want. Back he goes to the reserves

Given Matho comes in maybe we just wanted more of a contested mid.

Sep 19, 2013
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Out: Bailey, Cutler, Lester
In: Walker, Hinge, Mathieson

Seems like Cutler is still not doing what the coaches want. Back he goes to the reserves

Obviously Rayner, Witherden, Cameron, McCarthy, McStay and McInerney are. Low bar set for some it seems, but not others.
Hope it doesn't become a cultural issue.

Can't see Cutler playing with us next year and I think we'll come to regret messing him around so much.

Shocked that of all the three small forwards none of them lost their spot for Keays given how woeful they were last week.

Can't see Cutler playing with us next year and I think we'll come to regret messing him around so much.

Shocked that of all the three small forwards none of them lost their spot for Keays given how woeful they were last week.

Not sure we can say we're messing him around without knowing the KPIs of a wingman in our team. Same goes for the forwards you mentioned, although my guess is McCarthy would be worried if he plays another poor game.

I wish we brought in Allison instead of Hinge, but it's great he's earned his debut.

Oct 13, 2015
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Cutler was bad on the weekend but I thought he was pretty good the two previous weeks. With the ressies having a bye it’s hard to see him getting back in anytime soon.

Happy with the ins - Ely is still way off and matho was good the first few weeks. Excited to see hinge play.

AFLQLD

Premiership Player
Jul 15, 2012
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
There are other teams?
I think Cutler’s omission really does come down to lack of real pressure and two way running. Hopefully this will be another learning opportunity for him. He has the skill but may not be delivering the required pressure and defensive effort. There are things he needs to work on in his game.

Well done to Hinge. I didn’t think he would be the next debutant. The coaches are obviously seeing good signs.

Matho - more contesting to slow the Crows down and reduce their clearances to their dangerous forwards.

Walker was an obvious in this week and deserves to be back.

Lester unlucky but probably the logical choice although Witherden has some work to do because it could have been him just as easily in my opinion.

Sep 19, 2013
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
So what. We drop 8 players and bring in who?

Not suggesting all should be dropped. Just those names have had rather average games of late and have all been on the chopping block this week in the eyes of many on our board. Cutler I don't think has been mentioned as a possible out. Yet here we are. Seems a disconnect there somewhere.

So Rayner, Cameron, McCarthy and even Witherden and McInerney do SFA and Cutler gets omitted.

Pretty obvious Cutler is Coach Fagan’s go to scapegoat.

I suggest you consider it's not as black and white as you think Dylan.

The forwards would be under a lot of pressure to perform, but when they're on we're the highest scoring team in the comp. That is worth remembering. I suggest this week is an important one if you're Rayner and McCarthy. A bad game here will lead to an axing.

Witherden should not be dropped. He's become a bit of a whipping boy around here but he plays his roll well. He certainly needs to get his defensive work at a better level but he plays the zones well and is a very good kick of the footy. Still only 20/21.

Not sure we can say we're messing him around without knowing the KPIs of a wingman in our team. Same goes for the forwards you mentioned, although my guess is McCarthy would be worried if he plays another poor game.

I wish we brought in Allison instead of Hinge, but it's great he's earned his debut.

Perhaps Cutler isn't hitting those KPI's.

I'm very concerned about those smalls though as either we've set their KPI's too low or Fages gives them more rope for missing them. Both really aren't acceptable when Keays is playing team footy in the twos and also hitting the scoreboard. I'd hope all three are on notice.

jackess

Cancelled
30k Posts 10k Posts
Aug 10, 2005
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Interesting to bring in 2 defenders and a mid for a defender and 2 mids.

Perhaps Cutler isn't hitting those KPI's.

I'm very concerned about those smalls though as either we've set their KPI's too low or Fages gives them more rope for missing them. Both really aren't acceptable when Keays is playing team footy in the twos and also hitting the scoreboard. I'd hope all three are on notice.

McCarthy and Rayner no doubt are, but they've also delivered more times than they've failed this year. That counts for something. Rayner averaging 1.6 a game countd for something and if he gets back to form this week his spot remains his. McCarthy equally has to play a link up/pressure role better and we know his best makes him one of the first picked. He's slumped a little but is the classy type of player bounce back.

Cameron had two very good games followed by a game he struggled. Absolutely no risk of losing his spot

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back