Preview Round 9, 2019: Port Adelaide vs Gold Coast SUNS

Remove this Banner Ad

I've only seen Ports play live against the SUNS once. R5, 2011. We have a 100% strike rate against them when I don't attend. I'll be staying away this week. You can thank me for the 4 points now or later.

Rocky to get 150+ SC is all I just about care about.

Tempting to put some money on Gold Coast this week.

Post showdown, injuries, wet weather etc...etc..etc.. Odds are pretty tempting.

Sorry I'm not joining your lynch mob dude.

That’s your prerogative but we should have won against Bris, Rich (not like they had injuries) and the Crows (who also had a couple, not as bad us as) regardless of the players we had out. Either playing Frampton or simply swinging Howard forward (earlier in the case of the showdown) wins us those games.

Imagine, even with our injuries and still going into the bye 10-1 or maybe 9-2. That’s where we should be. We then gradually bring back some our our injured guys post bye, not rush Gray back early because Hinkley is scared.

Meaning (has we not pissed away those wins) we most likely finish top 4, probably top 2. Now we if we make finals it’ll be an elimination final, probably an away final at best.

Stop making excuses. Starting wanting better, because we should get better.

That’s your prerogative but we should have won against Bris, Rich (not like they had injuries) and the Crows (who also had a couple, not as bad us as) regardless of the players we had out. Either playing Frampton or simply swinging Howard forward (earlier in the case of the showdown) wins us those games.

Imagine, even with our injuries and still going into the bye 10-1 or maybe 9-2. That’s where we should be. We then gradually bring back some our our injured guys post bye, not rush Gray back early because Hinkley is scared.

Meaning (has we not pissed away those wins) we most likely finish top 4, probably top 2. Now we if we make finals it’ll be an elimination final, probably an away final at best.

Stop making excuses. Starting wanting better, because we should get better.
It's also probably an excuse to keep blaming the coach rather than some of the players who just don't want it badly enough.
Hinkley is not free from criticism. His record is starting to stink. Maybe he doesn't inspire the players enough. Maybe we selected some duds who will always let you down when the pressure is applied. We could have won a flag with a different coach? We could also have won the wooden spoon. Crystal ball. I would love nothing more than to win a flag ,whoever is coach. Some on here would prefer we lose to get rid of a coach. That's Ports 2019. How ******* sad.

I get the whole back in the KPF forwards - and I honestly hate to say this givne what the ki has gone hrough eently. But Marshall is not an AFL player. His frame is too small, he doesn't have good leading patterns, cannot crash a pack and brinthe ball to ground, and struggles with a contested mark.

Frampton - I have no idea about, never seen him play or anything, but what I have seen highlights etc are a tall, larger framed dude that crashes packs and has mongrel about him.

the mashall experiment was a flop, lets try giving Billy 10-15 games now and see if he does any better.

I get the whole back in the KPF forwards - and I honestly hate to say this givne what the ki has gone hrough eently. But Marshall is not an AFL player. His frame is too small, he doesn't have good leading patterns, cannot crash a pack and brinthe ball to ground, and struggles with a contested mark.

Frampton - I have no idea about, never seen him play or anything, but what I have seen highlights etc are a tall, larger framed dude that crashes packs and has mongrel about him.

the mashall experiment was a flop, lets try giving Billy 10-15 games now and see if he does any better.

Marshall does pretty well at bringing the ball to ground when he's not swamped by three defenders.

Times like these

Remember that game well. We played ok but not great but held a comfortable 6 goal lead
i didnt actually fear losing the game at all until they actually hit the front
Westhoff set shot after the siren missed by miles.. nothings changed there
Remember watching Dixon thinking i wish he was our player
Ken going off in the box when Westy missed.. now i wish Ken would gust go
Embarrasing

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Rain + early game + apathy = no Ant Bear and cub.

Suns play boring, defensive footy. We play boring, defensive footy. Not interested.

Also, rumour is that the doorway of the visitors coach's box is being widened this week.

Port to pull off an unconvincing win despite the majority of our set shots going wider than the girth of Dewy's gut. Ken to tear up claiming it is the best victory of his career because gold coast almost beat Melbourne, the preseason flag favourites, last week.

In reality we should win but if things go pear shaped I'm sure Ken will remind us of how many 50m entries we didn't convert and how the Suns are on the up in a close competition. Oh yeah and injuries now.
What gets me, he praises how good the opposition is but never talks about how well coached they might be, strange that.
I am at the stage where we win yeah so what it's GC, we lose well sort of expected it, so I'm not bothered, I seem to have lost interest and have been embarrassed enough now that my skin is getting thicker. if we lose I will laugh it off, sick of getting annoyed.

Last edited:
Will be happy with the win here. We need to take every win we can get in the next month or so.

The club says there is nothing bigger in SA sport than the Showdown.

We have lost the 6 of the last 7 of these, yet Matthew Richardson seems perplexed as to why we’re losing members.

Are people trolling membership surveys with more pre-game disco responses?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bye the way any one expecting Frampton to play might get disappointed, Ken has already indicated on radio that Sunday's weather will make it difficult to pick a tall forward unless there is an injury to Ryder/Lycett.
Yes, as much as I want Frampton in with Marshall, perhaps this is not the week.

Wouldn't mind seeing some leading up from our forwards, short or tall. Seems to have been outlawed, high ins being how we go.

Times like these

How weird is this?
giphy.gif

I dont care how we win, with what style we just need to win until the injured players return.

1 point or 100 points as long as we get the W

Makes me spew about the losses to Brisbane and Richmond, how important are those lapses and fade-outs now

Remove this Banner Ad

Back