Preview Round 9, 2019: Port Adelaide vs Gold Coast SUNS

Remove this Banner Ad

How weird is this?
giphy.gif

It's a long way from HOFF HOFF HOFF HOFF HOFF.

Hey so are we confident of winning this one? Can we maybe add a poll to the thread?
Because winning would reinforce our s**t forward structure and overall putrid gameplan and skills are enough to limp to another mid-table finish. And the three K’s and Davies just think they can weather the storm through to self congratulatory back slapping through next year before they ride off into the sunset leaving a smoking pile of rubble in their wake. And we don’t get nice things at Port.

A bad loss will keep the pressure on. We all know win this and there’s a KT email on how we dug deep to bounce back from the Showdown all typed up already, just waiting to press send on.

I am in 2 minds with this game. I want us to win because losing sucks but I also know that the back slapping will all happen again and cover up the deficiencies in our team selection process etc so I’m not sure what to think this week.

Either way I’m not too excited about the game or the opponent.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

There is a lot of doom and gloom on here at the moment, which I can understand, however take a step back and think about where we are.

We have played the entire top 4 from last year already, as well as the Crows and a young up and coming Brisbane team on their home deck. We should have won the Brisbane game, Crows game and the Richmond game, but we shot ourselves in the foot. The only game we got smashed in and didn't stand a chance was the Collingwood game.

Everyone would have said the following games were a loss prior to the season starting and us having a full list:

• Richmond
  • Collingwood
  • Adelaide
  • West Coast
  • Melbourne
  • Brisbane Away
If you were to tip our games at the start of the year, everyone had us at 2-6, or at best 3-5. This is even before our horrendous run of injuries. Our draw really starts to open up now. We have GC at home, Hawks away, Saints in China, Freo away, Geelong at home, Bulldogs at home. I would dare say we win 5 out of those 6, at worst 4 out of the 6. Our players will start trickling back in this week with hopefully Ebert and Jonas, then Robbie for China, Ollie, Dixon, Burton and Hartlett early after the bye.

This is such an even season and we are most certainly still in with a chance.
You are so right we are still in with a chance this season if
- Ken quits
- Ken has a lobotomy
- Ken has nothing to do with the selections, game plan or game day coaching
Too bloody right we’re in with a chance!

Billy Frampton to play a poor game in horrendous conditions without the support of another competent tall forward and Hinkley be like 'I told youse so.'

Hey so are we confident of winning this one? Can we maybe add a poll to the thread?

I mean, probably. Even at the blurst of times under Hinkley we've never sunk as low as losing to a bottom 4 team at home. We're not terrible, just consistently mediocre.

I genuinely think the Suns are every chance to win. They have not been blown off the park when playing away. Our confidence is down, injuries, young team and the Ken factor. Especially if the game is close heading into last quarter. They have nothing to loose. Bad feeling

We are going nowhere in 2019 so the decision to name some young guys is OK with me, even if they do not play it lets them know they are on the radar. Frampton and Ladhams are both named and I doubt we will go with both. It could be Frampton up forward or Ladhams into the ruck and Paddy Ryder up forward.

Not sure why Johnson was in the side last week, surely if you are going to pick a player you have to give him more than a one game stint? Maybe Ken has had enough of a look and made a long term decision on Johnson?

We are going nowhere in 2019 so the decision to name some young guys is OK with me, even if they do not play it lets them know they are on the radar. Frampton and Ladhams are both named and I doubt we will go with both. It could be Frampton up forward or Ladhams into the ruck and Paddy Ryder up forward.

Not sure why Johnson was in the side last week, surely if you are going to pick a player you have to give him more than a one game stint? Maybe Ken has had enough of a look and made a long term decision on Johnson?

Did you see Johnson play? It was bad, real bad. And he had a gut. He's not going to magically get fitter in one week. The guy he 'tagged' from half forward had 30 disposals. Another coaching masterstroke from Kenneth P. Hinkley esq.

I mean, probably. Even at the blurst of times under Hinkley we've never sunk as low as losing to a bottom 4 team at home. We're not terrible, just consistently mediocre.

I want to lose. I don't want to piss away more time than we have to with Kern finishing 10th-14th. If we're awful enough they'll have to bite the bullet and kick the campaigner our and we can start again

Remove this Banner Ad

Back