Preview Round 9, 2019: Richmond v Hawthorn, 19 May 2019, 3.20pm @ MCG

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 2, 2014
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Nice to see Scrimshaw in the forward line because he's going to kick a bag of goals

On SM-G955F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Genuinely reckon Scrimshaw could make a good forward. He's ~195cm (listed at 193 but clearly taller) and ~90kg. Has shown that he can take contested marks and has a booming kick. Would be excited to see it, though it'll likely be Impey forward and Scrim back.

Simon Crawshay

Premiership Player
Jun 4, 2016
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Cant see any changes from those in

Curious we're still resting Wingard and Smith
I dont mind it to be honest. Playing players who were not 100% has cost us so far this season and they should only play if cherry ripe (Wingard was obviously a long way of full fitness at the start od the season).

I hope Nash isn't selected. He didn't play in the VFL last week and it wouldn't be fair on some of the other players who have played at Box Hill and deserve to be ahead of him.

madhawksfan

Premiership Player
May 12, 2010
Canberra
AFL Club
Hawthorn
No change. Hopefully Impey starts forward. Gunston, Lewis, Cegs, Impey, Poppy and Bruest is a well balanced front 6 who can provide both an aerial and ground presence.

Frawley to Lynch and Stratts to Dusty when he plays forward.

Over 4 quarters, Richmond aren’t going to beat us with skill but they will be bringing pressure and intensity all day. Playing with some dare like we did last week is the key.

StillAtLarge

Norm Smith Medallist
May 12, 2015
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Genuinely reckon Scrimshaw could make a good forward. He's ~195cm (listed at 193 but clearly taller) and ~90kg. Has shown that he can take contested marks and has a booming kick. Would be excited to see it, though it'll likely be Impey forward and Scrim back.
There are some similarities between Scrimshaw and Finlayson imo. Scrim looks very settled at the moment down back but he appears to have the necessary traits conducive to playing forward too. It won't happen this year but I'd be surprised if we don't trial him inside 50 within the next 18 months. Finlayson was the giants' only player that looked even remotely threatening last week, he really should've kicked 4 or 5

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back