Preview Round 9 2019: RICHMOND VS HAWTHORN SUN MAY 19th 3.20 MCG

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyway on a more serious note, glad they fought the instinct to play Daniel. He’s had some huge hits nearly every game since round 3 and an extra week to get his body right and some match fitness in the VFL won’t hurt him.

Hopefully Soldo has a great game in the firsts but I also hope CJ will have a great game in the VFL to keep that pressure on Soldo.

reckon his tank would be good if played mid now

Doesn’t need to play big minutes in there. He’d be 10-20% max time in there, swapping with Caddy, Macca, Lambo, Sheds and Baker. Maybe a little Stacky also.

Anyway on a more serious note, glad they fought the instinct to play Daniel. He’s had some huge hits nearly every game since round 3 and an extra week to get his body right and some match fitness in the VFL won’t hurt him.

Hopefully Soldo has a great game in the firsts but I also hope CJ will have a great game in the VFL to keep that pressure on Soldo.

Got the twos on before the game on Sunday too. Some weekends just come together like;

B4D53907-B7B7-4A41-9E45-E8DC511608FB.gif

Doesn’t need to play big minutes in there. He’d be 10-20% max time in there, swapping with Caddy, Macca, Lambo, Sheds and Baker. Maybe a little Stacky also.

I like the idea of rotating him and sheds between half back and stints in the guts

Two very different players who play the roles differently but both very effective would be extremely frustrating to match up

I like the idea of rotating him and sheds between half back and stints in the guts

Two very different players who play the roles differently but both very effective would be extremely frustrating to match up

Sheds is a great clearance player. I’d be throwing him in there if the Hawks are getting on top and Tigger for a chop out. Both can play inside so I reckon we can cover and still allow dusty to play that centre-forward role.

Then again I’m not an AFL level coach and it could be the worst idea anyone has ever had in the history of footy

Biggest margin win coming up imo.

One thing for sure is sides dont know how to play us when we’re using so many players. Little differences in how players go about it in a system based footy style would be hugely frustrating to coach against. It’s like sides plan against each other to deal with the top 5-6 players. All of sudden the depth gets exposed and when they’re good it’s like a little upper cut. Reckon Rossy is still sucking a lemon from last week.

Very happy dimma resisted bringing back his golden child rioli at the expense of someone who deserves their spot!

Sensible obvious changes...
big challenge for us to be switched on from the start after coming back a huge win in Perth!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Very happy dimma resisted bringing back his golden child rioli at the expense of someone who deserves their spot!

Sensible obvious changes...
big challenge for us to be switched on from the start after coming back a huge win in Perth!

Come on mate if we picked on form every week the VFL team would be the seniors.

Rioli is in out 10 best players easily. Your talent gets more forgiveness than your role players. It’s not like he hasn’t been absolutely smashed for the last four weeks anyway

presita late out, looked sore from the 3 seconds i saw out the train window with the binoculars

That was me. Snuck on after the open training session in full Richmond kit.

Come on mate if we picked on form every week the VFL team would be the seniors.

Rioli is in out 10 best players easily. Your talent gets more forgiveness than your role players. It’s not like he hasn’t been absolutely smashed for the last four weeks anyway
I agree he is.. and has been smashed around the last few weeks that’s why I’m happy we didn’t bring him in too early...
also who’s spot would he of taken? Higgins the only one I would of given a rest.

Rioli is in out 10 best players easily.

No I really don't think he is. He's a good solid member of the 22 but certainly not a star. Given we have a lot of guys that play a similar role he has to be in good form to be getting a game, just like Butler.

At the moment Baker and bolton are playing better footy than Rioli.

So according to Leigh Montagna on AFL Tonight, if we play our surge forward football the hawks are the best equipped team to stop us in our tracks, hmmm really Leigh, lets have a look at the two years we have been playing this football and see how the hawks have fared.

2017: 29 point win to the tigers 93-64
2018: 13 point win to the tigers 102-89 after taking the foot off
2018: 31 point win to the tigers 95-64, a scoreline that flattered the hawks

Yeah nah Leigh. Keep hoping.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back