Preview Round 9 2019: RICHMOND VS HAWTHORN SUN MAY 19th 3.20 MCG

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
tigeshawks.png RND 9 TIGES VS HAWKS SUN MAY 19th 3.20 @ MCG

Well it's Rnd 9 and what a rollercoaster it's been so far this year.
Disappointment at unlucky injuries, jumpin off my seat at incredible stuff, crackin the sad's at some preformance's, feelin hard done by with tribunal decisions, pessimistic and bloody proud.
It's just like old times.

This weekend's game could be a cracker with both teams coming off their best win of the year.
Clarkson has used the media and Roughhead to put his team on notice and there's been a bit of talk about Hawthorn that maybe the natural cycle of things has caught up with them, they can't avoid the pull of gravity now after so many years of missing high draft picks, are they too old now, might they fall away?
Who gives a sh.t?
There's a lot of teams I really enjoy beating but there's only one that I take a bit of satisfaction from seeing the supporters faces that lose against us.
Yep, Hawthorn.
I was in primary school in the 70' and 80's and I don't begrudge the Hawks their success then or the 90's or their threepeat later on, what has always given me the sh.ts is for decades being treated like the poor cousins in the family and them feeling generous about it, them not having to stick by the club through sh.tty times.
The BBq convo.
"Who do you barrack for?"
"Richmond, mate. I love my Tiges"
" Ohh...you guy's were competitive last week" or "It's funny how you guy's play well against us" "It was good to see you guys win".

They're just a great shower of wnakas and having 14 thou turn up on Sunday to watch em just shows what a bunch of bandwagon campainers they are.

Where are the Tiges at?
I couldn't be arsed pulling up oppo posts but we know the narrative..

Richmond can't win away.
Richmond don't have injuries.
Lynch is a liability.
No Dusty no Richmond.
If their big four don't fire they can't win.

We are a GREAT club thats taken it in the nuts this year and still we are in the mix.
We won the flag two years ago and brought in one of the best forwards in the comp, like HeadandShin posted. This year we've got the talent to potentially have 5 rising star nomm's that we've developed from the draft.
That's bloody awesome.
So suck it up all you oppo flogs who bagged us and for your years of patronising backhanded comments, especially all you dirty brown and yellow bas.ards who haven't had to fight they're way up through the ladder, we are one of the big four and I hope you enjoy eating your sh.t sandwiches on the way down.

Anyway, on with the game.

MARKS/HITOUTS
This is the concern I reckon.
The Hawthorn kicking game was up and running against GWS, not only can they keep hold of the ball, they are a really good contested mrks team they are also a high tackling team.
Sicily, Gunston, MacEvoy are very good over-head.
Do we bring in Vlas and send Broad to Sicily, try and get in his head and play a negative def role on him? Dunno, but the way we brought the ball into the fwd fifty against Freo is something we are going to need to do again.
MacEvoy is a quality Ruckman who does drift forward and kick goals. I don't think any of us expected Nank to win the hitouts against this bloke but now we don't have him I'd like to see Soldo get a run and see if he can follow him into the def fifty.
We scored more goals last week from stoppages than we have all year and if there's less chance of turnovers then we are going to have to do it again.
The player I hope we put time into is Henderson, he looks about 47 and doesn't hardly tackle but he is a real link up player and about 70% of their scores come through him or he's part of it.

They might lose Frawley due to suspension and get back Smith and we'll have to replace Nank and Ross.

The one thing about the keepings off kicking game is it's a lot harder to do when your behind on the scorecoard and wanting to hurry up.
I hope we get a good start but regardless I think our best is better than theirs.

Tiges by 7 goals.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hope the Hawks blew their load last week and we turn up with serious intent.

Looking forward to the game. Our older guys improve, and out kids keep on keeping on, we're a huge chance.

great work Cdog71 and a lot of very good points made about the Hawks.

Them being back in a bit of form makes this a danger game. Their back 6 have really tightened up and we will also need to slow down their midfield so they don't get easy forward 50 entries.

This is the Michaels household battle so really hoping we come through with the goods again.

I think we should be fine in this game, GWS were pathetic yesterday and i wouldn't read too much into Hawthorns form. Our game style and pace has always troubled them. Its teams with gun midfields that can rack up heaps of possessions that trouble us, our next 2 weeks should be ok, I feel the North game at Marvel is a far harder match up for us and we will be due a bad game by then.

In 2018 they were flattered by finishing fourth. I don’t think they have gotten any better since then. If we can keep our forward half pressure game going they will crumble.

GWS are terribly out of form, so we shouldn’t take too much away from last week.

Tigers (with injuries) by 30 points.

Dave P.

Richmond by 15 points in a close-ish match.

TIGERTIME_89

Outs: Nank, Ross
Ins: Soldo, Vlastuin

B: Grimes, Garthwaite, Vlastuin
HB: Edwards, Astbury, Houli
C: Menadue, Prestia, McIntosh
HF: Baker, Caddy, Higgins
F: Castagna, Lynch, Bolton
R: Soldo, Martin, Lambert
Int: Stack, Ellis, Balta, Broad

DONTARGUE4

great work Cdog71 and a lot of very good points made about the Hawks.

Them being back in a bit of form makes this a danger game. Their back 6 have really tightened up and we will also need to slow down their midfield so they don't get easy forward 50 entries.

This is the Michaels household battle so really hoping we come through with the goods again.
Cheers
Was going to mention the top 8 hasn’t usually changed alot from rnd 9 on but who knows the way this years playing out.
There’s probably 4 teams can finish in the last two spots and if we can win a couple more before the bye, the cavalry will arrive a little after that.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

No doom and gloom from me.

We aren't throwing in the towel and reckon we're galvanised internally and relishing "the next soldier in" mentality - even though I hate the expression.

I will back the Croatian combo of Soldo and Balta to compete - that's all we need.

Still have RCD, Naish, Towner, Graham, Weller as options until the cavalry returns.

If we grind out the wins over the next month then we are going to be bloody dangerous come finals time.

Beware the wounded Tiger.

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk

Another non-negotiable for us. It’s really important we bank wins like these before the bye where we can reset and get some players back. Not saying it’s an easy win - at risk of sounding like Dimma, they are a good football team. But with games against Geelong (H) and Adelaide (A) in this stretch too, it’s really important to get wins when we can.

Crazy
Trent Cotchin – hamstring
Luke English – tonsillitis
Jack Graham – hamstring
Shaun Grigg – knee/hip
Callum Moore – ankle
Toby Nankervis – adductor
Alex Rance – ACL
Jack Riewoldt – PCL
Daniel Rioli – ribs/thigh
Jack Ross – ankle syndesmosis
Jayden Short – elbow
Nick Vlastuin – ankle

Crazy
Jack Graham – hamstring
Shaun Grigg – knee/hip
Callum Moore – ankle
Alex Rance – ACL
Jack Riewoldt – PCL
Jayden Short – elbow
Nick Vlastuin – ankle

Vlastuin and Rioli back hopefully this week, if not next

Only 2 that are close it seems

Outs: Nank, Ross
Ins: Soldo, Vlastuin

B: Grimes, Garthwaite, Vlastuin
HB: Edwards, Astbury, Houli
C: Menadue, Prestia, McIntosh
HF: Baker, Caddy, Higgins
F: Castagna, Lynch, Bolton
R: Soldo, Martin, Lambert
Int: Stack, Ellis, Balta, Broad

DONTARGUE4
Rioli?

Crazy
Jack Graham – hamstring
Shaun Grigg – knee/hip
Callum Moore – ankle
Alex Rance – ACL
Jack Riewoldt – PCL
Jayden Short – elbow
Nick Vlastuin – ankle
Down to 7 players that have played every game this season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back