Preview Round 9 2019: RICHMOND VS HAWTHORN SUN MAY 19th 3.20 MCG

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who was Naish going to play on? Scully or Hendo? Hawks would love either matchup I'm sure. Or are we dropping a small fwd and hiding him in a pocket. He is just far too light and lacks a defensive side of his game to play right now

If Naish was ready for an AFL match this round, they’d debut him.

Clearly, he still needs to work on some things, which will be more effectively developed at VFL level.

lolmelts.
It doesn't work like that. All our half back flanks and wings have been starring so who would he replace? They're not going to play him as a midfielder at his age and size.

I would say RCD is a better player than Naish.
Surely Soldo and Vlaustin would return.
I have a feeling RCD or CCJ might debut.
I think it is better to debut in daytime with optimal conditions.
Rioli should return for Dreamtime I would guess.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It doesn't work like that. All our half back flanks and wings have been starring so who would he replace? They're not going to play him as a midfielder at his age and size.

Insightful points. I agree. Players of his type in our side are all playing well.

Forgot this was a Sunday game.
Hanging out for the selections and they tell me what I already knew:
Vlastuin returns, rioli maybe.
Soldo in for Nank, or maybe CCJ.
With Ross out, Townsend or RCD to maybe come in, but then who goes out?

Like I say, I already knew all these questions but still have no clue as to the answers.

On SM-A520F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Interesting selection week.

Soldo is a given for Nank. They won't through CCJ with so many other kids in and Soldo is a more ready made replacement. Vlastuin the other in.

The thing is all the likely types or fringe types who would be dropped for Rioli, etc played well. Menadue, etc. I'm probably the biggest Menadue critic on this board but I would not suggest him being dropped this week. I have serious doubts he backs it up though.

Interesting with all these injuries Rioli is very likely to be playing VFL this weekend. Would be a good wake up call for him. Has not been at his best.

On the overall structure of the team, with no Cotchin and now no Ross, we look very weak in the midfield. I don't think RCD is ready and we have no one else who can reliably play there.

Lastly on Naish, I understand why he is not getting a game given the form of those who he could possibly replace. However, to not name him on the extended bench at all as bit of a spur on and reward for effort is a bit piss poor IMO.

I/C (from) Nathan Broad, Connor Menadue, Jason Castagna, Dion Prestia, Riley Collier-Dawkins, Callum Coleman-Jones, Daniel Rioli, Jacob Townsend

So Vlastuin and Soldo in the starting 18 with the final team announced 2moro!

From that IC
Barring any one not fully fit I’d go> Rioli. Prestia, Castagna and Menadue as the final 4 in the side!

Broad and the others to miss out.

For the Hawks>
Wingard and Isaac Smith didn’t come in as they are still injured.
Roughie didn’t get promoted...

If Naish was ready for an AFL match this round, they’d debut him.

Clearly, he still needs to work on some things, which will be more effectively developed at VFL level.

lolmelts.
RCD is less ready.
Not that Naish isn't ready

Crazy
Trent Cotchin – hamstring
Luke English – tonsillitis
Jack Graham – hamstring
Shaun Grigg – knee/hip
Callum Moore – ankle
Toby Nankervis – adductor
Alex Rance – ACL
Jack Riewoldt – PCL
Daniel Rioli – ribs/thigh
Jack Ross – ankle syndesmosis
Jayden Short – elbow
Nick Vlastuin – ankle
Name a part of the body and we've got an injury for it!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back