Preview Round 9, 2020: St.Kilda v Sydney - Gabba, Saturday 1st August, 5:10PM AEST *PRIDE GAME*

Who Wins?

• Saints

Votes: 55 90.2%
  • Swans

Votes: 6 9.8%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Rampe named. Apparently they have one of the shortest backlines in history, while we have Roma, King, Battle, Skunk and Parker up front!
Id expect him to go to Membrey, so a good chance for King or Battle to kick a few.

Will be interested to see if Battle runs through the midfield a bit this game - looked like against Adelaide, him and Hill were going to rotate on the wing.

I’d say no major changes to last weeks team, best 22. Battle in for Parker, barr any other injuries we don’t know about (Kent, Ross)

Nailed it.

Good to see we are still pretty healthy and staying full strength after a 7 day break.

Plenty of guys will get a run after this game I'd expect though- robbo, savage, webster, bynes, bytel, etc etc.

Rampe named. Apparently they have one of the shortest backlines in history, while we have Roma, King, Battle, Skunk and Parker up front!

1596188870605.png
So, spoiling with left hand, every disposal to right side, if you're pinning an arm in a tackle it's his left arm and he doesn't return after quarter time and has to go back in for surgery?

That's not a glove, that's a cast.

I mean, massive kudos for what he did in that match, big ups for doing his best to play, but frig me, how many bones are in your hand and you want to play an impact sport after breaking one of them and having it wrapped like above.

Brave stupid man if he plays.

x7f4u19956e41.jpg

Do we really think that Lonie was dropped for

1) taking a free kick that the umpire incorrectly paid to him.
2) shanking a shot at goal from a range that he's kicked before

or

Simply being out of form.
Nope the one handed effort against Freo at the end wouldn't have gone well at the review either I'd have thought

View attachment 924099

I mean, massive kudos for what he did in that match, big ups for doing his best to play, but frig me, how many bones are in your hand and you want to play an impact sport after breaking one of them and having it wrapped like above.

Brave stupid man if he plays.

Bring back Stevie Baker for the day ... if you're picked, you're fit ... right?

Feels eerily like the Freo game. Off the back of two good wins, key injuries to the opposition which is around the bottom of the ladder and salivating over how short their defence is. Hopefully we've learnt our lesson.
This will be the true test on whether we have learnt anything from the Freo game.

Put in another insipid performance and make everything we did in Adelaide is worthless.

Win it and not only would have have shown real improvement and growth as a side, but we would also have another monkey off our back and have positioned ourselves in front of a few other mid-tier teams.

I'm confident we won't be taking the swans lightly.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'm confident we won't be taking the swans lightly.

Really, we can’t afford to be taking ANY team lightly.
The Freo game was not so long ago that they would’ve forgotten it.

Really, we can’t afford to be taking ANY team lightly.
The Freo game was not so long ago that they would’ve forgotten it.
So true. It's one thing to let a large lead slip once. But to do it twice - both times against low opposition - just shows how vulnerable we are as a side when we dont give our opposition enough respect.

So excited to get to see us play again. Loving our side at the moment. Who will step up next?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back