Autopsy Round 9, 2020: St.Kilda v Sydney *PRIDE GAME*

Remove this Banner Ad

I cant get over how good Ryder is when in the ruck , he has turned the clock back
We all have forgotten what it is to have a good ruck combo.

It was Gardy who was the last best ruck.

I cant get over how good Ryder is when in the ruck , he has turned the clock back

Pitched up to the club in very good shape. Probably realised he’s in his last couple of years and wants to do everything he can to go out on top.
Obviously also enjoying playing with his cuz.
He is making himself undroppable.

I’m embarrassed for you he clearly slipped over.

Well that’s the problem if you cry wolf. The commentators mentioned early after his twice playing for frees, that Horse should just tell him to stop that rubbish and go for the ball.

Maybe that was a genuine slip, but who’s going to give him the benefit of the doubt? At least umps weren’t sucked in.

Just re: Papley, he’s copped a bit from us over the past week but whoever saw the pre-match message could see he’s a genuine good fella.

He lost a mate to suicide during the week and obviously asked the reporter to question him about it so he could pass on a message of support to the family. His heartfelt words to anyone in need of help was also very well done.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I’m embarrassed for you he clearly slipped over.

We'll take him and get the flops out of him next year. Horse trains to play for free kicks and tunnel marks. Rampe runs the ball over the boundary line at every opportunity then cries when they don't pay deliberate against others. And the whole team tries to turn football into a drudge fest. It's about time the Swans dropped down the ladder, awful club with their manufactured "bloods" crap while suffocating the joy out of footy. The whole club is an embarrassment to be honest.

Well that’s the problem if you cry wolf. The commentators mentioned early after his twice playing for frees, that Horse should just tell him to stop that rubbish and go for the ball.

Maybe that was a genuine slip, but who’s going to give him the benefit of the doubt? At least umps weren’t sucked in.

The problem is people can't form their own view and this all comes about after a deflecting Clarko has a crack. After he had received one free kick for last weeks game.

Where was all the outrage prior. Robbo and King should know better they talk about mental health then jump on as soon as they can to drive this narrative. At the game the guy next to me wanted to smash his head in so badly. Was screaming out how useless Papley is. Papley just lost a mate to suicide but people just don't ever let up with the hate.

No doubt he tries to make the most of some of his contests when they get him high but he's hardly alone there.

Even if that is the case why did act like he was shot when on the ground flinging both arms up and down like he had just been taken down.

Because it was at the end of the game and he's had a poor one and was just OFFS I've just slipped over what a great night. He wasn't appealing for a free.
I'm sure he wanted to put a good one in for his mate but didn't.

If we are talking about who deserves their position in the team the 'elephant in the room' is GEARY. Surely his position has to be the first questioned. He IMO is a weak link, that the coach has created a position forward to fit him in the side.

Yes he has done a reasonable shut down job previously but is consistently the lowest stats player in the side. If we have to play a lock down forward whats to say Savage after last nights game, doesnt deserve the opportunity to play the same role. Then he should be picked in front of Geary.
Ratten obviously values his leadership.

He must think those qualities outweigh whatever we'd get by replacing him with a fringe player.

We'll take him and get the flops out of him next year. Horse trains to play for free kicks and tunnel marks. Rampe runs the ball over the boundary line at every opportunity then cries when they don't pay deliberate against others. And the whole team tries to turn football into a drudge fest. It's about time the Swans dropped down the ladder, awful club with their manufactured "bloods" crap while suffocating the joy out of footy. The whole club is an embarrassment to be honest.

Classic

The problem is people can't form their own view and this all comes about after a deflecting Clarko has a crack. After he had received one free kick for last weeks game.

Where was all the outrage prior. Robbo and King should know better they talk about mental health then jump on as soon as they can to drive this narrative. At the game the guy next to me wanted to smash his head in so badly. Was screaming out how useless Papley is. Papley just lost a mate to suicide but people just don't ever let up with the hate.

No doubt he tries to make the most of some of his contests when they get him high but he's hardly alone there.
And you came here to change everyone’s minds because..?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Geary is the 30th talented player on our list and Im yet to see how he displays leadership on the ground.
Clearly the club disagrees with you on the 2nd part. They value his leadership very highly.

Can't argue with the talent side of things, I think with a full side he's probably a fringe player.

And currently losing Bruce to the bulldogs, Newnes to Carlton and Acres to Freo has not come back to bite us. It might in future but not this year.

One more good recruiting season, more development from our under-25s, and we're going to be in good shape.

If you look at the players we've let go, I'm feeling they've performed about how I expected:

Stuv: Minimal impact, week-to-week proposition ... largely cooked, and not a reliable contributor
Bruce: 1 "good" game, often a passenger, doesn't look to be in top shape.
Acres: Injury issues, and now dropped by Freo.
Newnes: Delivering what we'd expect for Carlton - probably the one player of the four who would have been nice to keep for depth, because while not a star, you knew he was going to play nearly every game, and be consistent.

I think having Stuv/Bruce/Acres on the list now would have been pure distraction - speculation about their availability/consistency/form on a weekly basis, and holding out a developing youngster wasn't going to do us any favours whatsoever.

And you came here to change everyone’s minds because..?

Actually I have to apologise I thought I was on the main board thread not the Saints board. I don’t make a habit of visiting other supporter boards.

I’ve clicked the wrong link using my mobile. Will leave you to discuss things as you see fit.

I cannot wait until Winxy puts on another 10-15kg of pure muscle

Imagine Winx with something a little closer to Josh Kennedy's solidity ... He's going to be a destructive KPF who is damn near impossible to stop. If Winx starts to get a bit of respect from the umpires, he's going to be almost unguardable.

Watching the Eagles last night, you can see Kennedy has really come out of the extra break with better health than he's had for a few years, and is moving really well ... compare his first 9 games for Carlton with Winx's first 9 for St Kilda, and it's pretty exciting for Saints fans.

Because it was at the end of the game and he's had a poor one and was just OFFS I've just slipped over what a great night. He wasn't appealing for a free.
I'm sure he wanted to put a good one in for his mate but didn't.
I had no problem with that clip, obviously slipped. He looked knackered and just laid there.
Would have been been paid at least one in the first if it wasn't for Clarkson. Have seen less paid.
I have no trouble with Papley. Can we have Parker please?

Largely agree with you and I was very unimpressed with Clarko’s sooking about him in his presser. I thought it was very unbecoming of a coach to do this. Was very much sour grapes.

But Papley does have to be careful, Schneider got the umps offside (rightly or wrongly) and he never got frees from the umps. He’s a really good player and wouldn’t want something like this to tarnish his reputation.

Unfortunately, there always are some absolute nuffies in the stands. Sorry to hear about his friend. That’s a real tragedy.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back