Game Day Round 9, 2021 - Gold Coast vs. Brisbane Lions

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Having trouble getting enthused about this game........hopefully feel differently tonight. What is ur poison ZoBlitz.........I will try that?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

All things going to plan a 30 point win to the Lions and I get home before my usual bedtime
Before bedtime read comments on bigfooty that should ensure sleep problems whether we win or lose

I have set my alarm for 2pm today to remind me to go to Metricon. Getting older is a bummer
Leave Brisbane northside 2.15pm so should arrive sometime between 3.30pm and 4.15pm. Stay positive 3.30pm traffic will be a breeze
I don't even need Google Maps for this particular trip as I think I know it well enough since the Bears days
Park in my secret car spot that only 100 people know about. Friends/family, you tell them a secret spot in 2019 and look what happens
Walk 20 minutes to Metricon. It is only 15 minutes if you are eligible for the Pizer vaccine. I would have done it in about 13 minutes in the 70's

Plan B I don't like this plan.
Drive to Nerang Station find 2nd secret parking space and catch Bus to Metricon
This plan sucks as I have to mingle with lots of Red shirted people some don't even wear masks
Need Batman as backup but my daughter will have to do.
She is a registered nurse so if things go bad I should be okay

With plan B the return home can get ugly especially if "all things going to plan" works out

We believe that our overcoming injury ability is all down to the management by physios, drs ... And clearly they are first class. But.

I wonder how much the club culture has to do with it. Our players are all totally supportive of each other, and looking out for each other is a fundamental. So when you are in the injury group you are probably still front and centre in everything that's going on, with teammates going out of their way to support you.

With poor club culture, I can envisage long term injured players feeling like they've dropped out of sight, which makes rehab isolating. We know that cause players say it. And that can impact poorly on compliance and focus.

Tell ya what, if the Lions put in like my under 8’s did today they’ll be a shoe in. Go Lions!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back