Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Suspect it will be

O'Meara in for Moore
Gunston in for Jeka
Burgoyne in for Cousins

3 older blokes in for 3 kids.
It will help us win the game, but doesn't help us moving forward.

I reckon it helps the kids that are left in the side to be more competitive.

You need to develop the core of great players who actually have genuine promise, and tbh guys like Cousins have about the same future in the game as Burgoyne. Both more likely to be gone in 2022 than not.

How does everyone feel if the following happen:
1. We play a lot more youth this week and lose;
2. We play a lot more youth and win;
3. We play an older team and lose; and
4. We play an older team and win.

Give me either 1 or 2.

Wins are great for the morale of the players, but in the grand scheme of things, they shouldn't dictate what we should be trying to do

I'd say in order of preference - 2, 4, 1, 3.

In order of preference and what is actually likely - 4, 2, 1, 3.

I'd prefer to have an older side, look more appealing to potential suiters and not completely demoralise the youngsters by being played all over.

O'Meara needs to come in, Gunston needs to come in. Burgoyne isn't an immediate and desperate inclusion but both O'Meara and Gunston are older than their incumbents and therefore make the side older.

I don't really care either way, as long as the effort and focus is 100%.

Way too much dumb stuff for my liking. It kills confidence.

Making the trek down this week for this one. 😬

I’d like to see something like Brockman, JOM & Gunners in and Shiels, Moore & Cousins out. Hoping there’s a bit of a change in personnel and a kid or two is added to make it a bit more exciting for us fans.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Reckon we should remove the fencing around the middle of the ground at Waverley so the players can train using the middle of the ground to move the ball.

A hell of a lot harder to move the ball when you're restricted to 1/3 of the width of the ground and have to go back via your D50 to get it to the other 1/3 of the ground you're 'training' to use.

Cricket season isn't for at least 4 months so no need to protect the area.

Is that really the case? That's amateur as all * if so.

I don't really care either way, as long as the effort and focus is 100%.

Way too much dumb stuff for my liking. It kills confidence.
The lack of confidence is creating a lot of the errors . Its been eroding over the last month.

We need a few nice clean passages of play that result in goals to give the team a boost.

Suspect it will be

O'Meara in for Moore
Gunston in for Jeka
Burgoyne in for Cousins

3 older blokes in for 3 kids.
It will help us win the game, but doesn't help us moving forward.
I debate whether two of those are in our future regardless and the other is quite far off thus far. Not sure a stint in the vfl hurts jeka.

but think of it the other way around, if we get experience back and it helps the remaining kids develop faster, aren’t we net ahead? Once they know what they are doing we can bring in others to learn off a combination of old and young players. Just playing kids isn’t the only way and not necessarily the best way. The kids that are ready and performing will get games regardless and we need to fast track those kids most of all.

Youth and win this week. Any of the other 3 and the blowtorch gets applied.

The exception would be a 50/50 split with the young guys taking the bulk of the work

This may not be the week but feel it’s time to throw the magnets around. If we won’t go young at least try to set up for success.

Until we can transition the ball at speed (and also deal with fast ball movement the other way) we’re going nowhere and this isn’t a skill that can be just switched on - needs weeks and weeks of practice against afl opposition. Our defence is getting a lot of help from midfield and our slow ball movement meaning structures are in place - this isn’t good for the long term.

I’d put wingard to half back (partnering with Impey and silk when fit), CJ, scrim and Breust across the centre line and play a shorter forward line. One of our current mids can rotate and play a defensive wing option when needed.
Bench is full of mids to provide rotations.

Hardwick Hartigan Silk
Impey Frost Wingard
CJ Scrim Breust
Morris Kosi Ollie
Brockman Lewis Gunston
BB JOM Worpel
I: Mitchell Cousins Finn Shiels

Ins: JOM, Gunston, Silk, Morris, brockman, Finn
Out: Phillips, Jeka, Hartley, Moore, Morrison, howe

Note: I acknowledge zero chance of the above team being named.

Like to see if Scrimshaw can play midfield for the rest of the year.

Then why drop him in the first place?

What did he have to work on? How did he work on it?

That doesn't send the same message at all.
It would most likely be something mental rather than purely functional, as they would know his capabilities and limitations.

So it’s a “we don’t think you got to enough contests this week, we’re going to try a different structure this week.” Followed by “we’re not happy with how that played out on the weekend and you’re going to come back in and do a job in this role. We need to see you get to more contests.”

How far away is O'Meara?
J.Stephenson out for 6 weeks with a wrist fracture.

................it doesn't rain.................

You folks will probably get back O'Meara & Wingard?

I liked Scrimshaw in the middle. I’d like to see him there this game for a longer period.
Oh man you will regret that thought. Watch closely the risk he took not defending his direct opponent on occasions on Sunday, he would have given Kelly five plus metres at times.
Playing with fire there in my humble.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back