Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

LMGjr

Cancelled
Jul 25, 2020
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Moore into the middle and Shiels into retirement.
Brockman to take Moore's role up forward
Another ruck to let our only contested marking forward stay forward.
JoM for Phillips - no point having another fella in the side who can't hit the side of a office block, so won't be part any premiership anyway. Another Wright bust. He had a shocking last few years with recycled players.

Nov 21, 2010
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Chelsea, Detroit Pistons
Emotional first thoughts after a loss:

In: JOM, Gunston, Burgoyne, Brockman
Out: Jeka, Hartley, Shiels/Cousins, Moore (S)

FB: Hardwick - Hartigan - Burgoyne
HB: Impey - Frost - Jiath
C: Phillips - Wingard - Howe
HF: Worpel - Lewis - Breust
FF: Koschitzke - Gunston - Hanrahan
R: McEvoy - Mitchell - O'Meara
IC: Scrimshaw - Brockman - Morrison - Shiels/Cousins
S: Moore
EMG: O'Brien - Shiels/Cousins - Greaves

badboybobba

All Australian
Sep 14, 2005
Preston
AFL Club
Hawthorn
This year is now all about development, surely we keep playing the likes of Jeka and get Morris, Brockman in the team. The best way to fast track their development is to get them playing against the best and also get used to playing together.
Sure there will be some big losses but it may just speed up our rebuild.

Oct 2, 2014
AFL Club
Hawthorn
This year is now all about development, surely we keep playing the likes of Jeka and get Morris, Brockman in the team. The best way to fast track their development is to get them playing against the best and also get used to playing together.

Based on Clarkson's comments earlier this week he's not going to start playing youth for the sake of playing youth even if it is a development year.

I'm on the fence but nobody at Box Hill is really banging the door down. Brockman & Maginness have arguably been doing enough to be considered but it's fairly dire otherwise.

Jun 11, 2013
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
GSW
depending on fitness there's a few variables here but assuming everyone is good to go:

IN: Jaeger, Gunston, O'Brien, Burgoyne and Brockman
OUT: Moore, Jeka, Morris, Hartley and Shiels (sub)

you would think with those ins we should beat North by 5 goals.

I strongly, strongly emphasise the word 'think'.

Need this win to get some confidence back

My thoughts on Jeka are the same as what I had when Kosi put in some pretty ordinary efforts earlier in the year. I would think he goes back, but...

Do we give him a burst in his review and tell him that it’s just not acceptable to be that half hearted at the ball and give him another shot or do we send him back to box Hill and tell him to find some form there and hit the packs.

I’m ok with either outcome.

Aug 31, 2006
A state of delusion
AFL Club
Hawthorn
IN: Gunston, O’Meara, Brockman

OUT: Howe (omitted), Jeka (omitted), Hartigan (omitted)

B: Jiath, Hartley, Hardwick

HB: Scrimshaw, Frost, Impey

C: Morrison, Mitchell, Phillips

HF: Gunston, Koschitzke, Wingard

F: Breust, Lewis, Brockman

R: McEvoy, O’Meara, Worpel

INT: Moore, Hanrahan, Cousins, Shiels

Hartigan out? Wasn't he on Kennedy for the day?How did Kennedy go?

Thought Hartley was a liability. Can roost the ball 60+, yet turned it over with dinky kicks.

badboybobba

All Australian
Sep 14, 2005
Preston
AFL Club
Hawthorn
My thoughts on Jeka are the same as what I had when Kosi put in some pretty ordinary efforts earlier in the year. I would think he goes back, but...

Do we give him a burst in his review and tell him that it’s just not acceptable to be that half hearted at the ball and give him another shot or do we send him back to box Hill and tell him to find some form there and hit the packs.

I’m ok with either outcome.
I agree with what your saying and I hope it’s the former of the two. To be fair to Jeka, prime Carey would struggle to get a kick with our slow build up and chaotic forward entries.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

LMGjr

Cancelled
Jul 25, 2020
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Just kept their best forward to 3 shots on goal from 60+ inside 50’s, but ok. 😂
Unbelievable hey.

I was against his recruitment, but he's tried his arse off and lucky we did recruit him - same with Frosty. Without them today it would have been 100pts easy.

Opp coaches have locked down on CJ, so it's time our players woke up and released someone else. Like Impy tried today. But when your midfield is so slow to get into position up the ground what can a running HB do?

But yep lets drop the one player who is giving everything...........I got no words left for some of this stuff......................geezis.

Sep 28, 2019
AFL Club
Hawthorn
In quick ball movement. I love Impey but I don’t want to see him racking up 13 disposal in the first quarter again. We can’t keep over-possessing the ball in the back half.

Also we can’t keep playing Morrison, shiels, Howe and Phillips on the wings. It makes us so slow both offensively and defensively. It’s part of why we will struggle to move the ball unless the Roos are off.

We don’t have any wingers ready at box hill instead push Impey, CJ and wings onto the wing and try and use speed.

Can’t let north be too quick for us. Especially if they beat us in the contest.

loser goes to the movies

Tank_girl_poster.jpg

May 24, 2011
Victoria
AFL Club
Hawthorn
So i finally get the chance to go to this match with winning the hawks tipping back in 2018, get to see the boys before the game and some good seats, all i want to top this off would be a win but i am seriously worried.

Hopefully, Gunston, Burgoyne and Omeara come in

rei154

Premiership Player
Jun 13, 2019
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Desperate for a midfielder to come in and show something.
In: Brockman, Finn (sub), JOM
out: Moore (Managed), Shiels (ret./omm.), Morris

Moore was meant to be managed this week which leads me to think he'll be managed next. Gunston clearly not ready last week, I would be keeping him in cotton wool and not bringing him back till he's tip top.

Shiels looks downright uncoordinated at the minute, needs a rest.
I won't be upset if we lose so long as we show something. The last two weeks I've had to get creative to draw positives from the game for myself. Mckenzie is seriously going to have to put in some work to lift us from where we are with regards to list management, hope he's up for the task!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back