Other Teams
Liverpool FC, Melbourne Victory
Friday, May 15
St Kilda v Geelong (MRVL) (N)

Saturday, May 15
Sydney v Collingwood (SCG)
Hawthorn v North Melbourne (UTAS)
Gold Coast v Brisbane Lions (MS) (T)
Richmond v Greater Western Sydney (MRVL) (N)
Port Adelaide v Western Bulldogs (AO) (N)

Sunday, May 16
Essendon v Fremantle (MRVL)
Melbourne v Carlton (MCG)
West Coast v Adelaide (OS) (T)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Blue/white instead of white/white.
I’ll never get why north changed from white/blue to blue/blue because they didn’t want to do white/white even though we’re getting blue/white anyway? 🤷‍♂️

Off topic and not sure if it’s been said. The Dogs have a black match style shorts that they wear for training only. Saw a photo the other day wasn’t too sure if they were actual training shorts or match day shorts

I’ll never get why north changed from white/blue to blue/blue because they didn’t want to do white/white even though we’re getting blue/white anyway? 🤷‍♂️

1. Didn't want to wear white shorts at home. Switching to their inverse in home matches "allowed them to wear blue shorts" (From a Twitter post at the time).

2. When the change became official they released a statement saying they didn't want people to think they were the away team. (From their website).

It's a pretty piss poor reason and honestly, the club should have taken it to the fans.

I don’t pay but was able to read it... basically McDonald’s is taking over ball sponsorship meaning clubs lose a major Sponsor
When I read the headline I thought the fury was about deals with competitors.

So port and Hawthorn loose KFC; west coast will leave hungry jacks; and then there is another team. There is an allowance in the nrl, and probably other leagues, for the clubs sponsorship to continue atleast to the end of the original deal.

So port and Hawthorn loose KFC; west coast will leave hungry jacks; and then there is another team. There is an allowance in the nrl, and probably other leagues, for the clubs sponsorship to continue atleast to the end of the original deal.
Maybe that is too? Although how come clubs have car sponsors then?

The Herald Sun last week revealed growing anger in club ranks over “alarming” new rules that favour the AFL’s “protected partners” including Toyota, McDonald’s, Telstra and Coca-Cola.

This is an interesting note in the article. If this is indeed true and your point is correct, this will then get most sponsors out if those are protected

Adelaide- Toyota and Optus
Brisbane- Not affected
Carlton- Hyundai
Collingwood- Subway
Essendon- Not affected
Fremantle- Not affected
Geelong- Ford
GWS- Kia
Hawthorn- KFC, iiNet
Melbourne- Jaguar
North- Mazda
Port- MG, KFC
Richmond- Jeep
St Kilda- Not affected
Sydney- Volkswagen
West Coat- Hungry Jacks, Audi
Western Bulldogs- Not affected

The Herald Sun last week revealed growing anger in club ranks over “alarming” new rules that favour the AFL’s “protected partners” including Toyota, McDonald’s, Telstra and Coca-Cola.

This is an interesting note in the article. If this is indeed true and your point is correct, this will then get most sponsors out if those are protected

Adelaide- Toyota and Optus
Brisbane- Not affected
Carlton- Hyundai
Collingwood- Subway
Essendon- Not affected
Fremantle- Not affected
Geelong- Ford
GWS- Kia
Hawthorn- KFC, iiNet
Melbourne- Jaguar
North- Mazda
Port- MG, KFC
Richmond- Jeep
St Kilda- Not affected
Sydney- Volkswagen
West Coat- Hungry Jacks, Audi
Western Bulldogs- Not affected
Alot of those wouldn't be small fry sponsors. High 100,000's atleast.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back